The 2019 Odyssey Experiece

One more note. These courses are playing tough. Everybody in the event has time to improve if they would like to.
There may be a small competition element to this which is pretty darn awesome too.

Be playing your best upon arrival and you will be so happy : )

I'll be on the struggle bus. Supposed to snow here tomorrow night......gotta love Michigan. Might only have a couple rounds worth of golf under my belt before this! Going to have to hit the indoor range soon.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with some of the shapes and the way they frame the ball. It's going to be an insane trip full of tons of info for sure!

Going in ready to learn and have some massive fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more note. These courses are playing tough. Everybody in the event has time to improve if they would like to.
There may be a small competition element to this which is pretty darn awesome too.

Lessons are scheduled and practice time will be made.

Lessons are scheduled and practice time will be made.

You could take that handicap down 7 strokes with as much time as we have. Im serious.

You could take that handicap down 7 strokes with as much time as we have. Im serious.

I hope all I need is to straighten out the driver and it will be a huge help. That and short game will be my focus for the next 6 weeks!

I hope all I need is to straighten out the driver and it will be a huge help. That and short game will be my focus for the next 6 weeks!

Driving the ball is a big necessity at these two courses. I say that having just played both.

Driving the ball is a big necessity at these two courses. I say that having just played both.

I have a new coach with a track man and outside. Old coach was good but all inside into net I didn’t get the visual of the ball flight. I start next Thursday!

Agreed - stroke lab on these greens though - definitely some missed putts on conservatory

I had a day on ocean - I can only imagine how many strokes better I would have been if I had Stroke Lab Exo vs regular Exo.

Hell of a venue for this event, the participants are in for quite a treat thp/odyssey/hammock. What a weekend.

This event is so damn perfect for me right now. This part of my bag is the biggest question mark and I can’t wait to have Sean and Co. fit me for a putter.

This golf course has been on my list for a while. Multiple THP events and glowing reviews by everyone has me excited. I can’t wait for 36 holes here.

This event is so damn perfect for me right now. This part of my bag is the biggest question mark and I can’t wait to have Sean and Co. fit me for a putter.

This golf course has been on my list for a while. Multiple THP events and glowing reviews by everyone has me excited. I can’t wait for 36 holes here.

When you get to 15 green on the ocean course, read the plaque - then take a moment and appreciate your surroundings.

Going into this, what are you leaning toward/think you will be fit into before the Odyssey crew get their hands on you?

EXO Marxman Stroke Lab was at the top of the list. Then a VLine Stroke Lab

EXO Marxman Stroke Lab was at the top of the list. Then a VLine Stroke Lab

Yea I have some ideas depending on which potential lines we have available. If it's something we have no idea on, then who knows. Good thing is that I am very familiar with Odyssey and their head shapes, so I am very confident I can get one that works very very well for me.

So has everyone had experience with the newer white hot microhinge? If so, what are your thoughts?

What other odyssey faces does everyone has experience with?

So has everyone had experience with the newer white hot microhinge? If so, what are your thoughts?

I have the 2018 EXO Indy with microhinge.

I think the face rolls the ball beautifully off the putter. My one issue seems to be speed. The ball seems to be slower than some other insert putters and thus I have to control my swing speed and back stroke more.

I have not tried that insert yet. Last year was spent with a sabertooth (white hot XG insert) and then the Red Ball with the white hot rx insert, which I really liked both. Also had petty good success with the O works insert in a 2 ball fang (versa) model.

For me, I’ve tried the new white hot microhinge a bit. It’s nice. The white hot insert on my White Ice iX is firmer then normal, and they feel similar. I think it’s something I could get along very nicely with.

For my history with odyssey, I’ve tried a decent amount of the faces. A couple variations of the White hot, the tour edition white hot in the White Ice iX, works, o-works, metal x, and milled collection. I’m excited for whatever we might receive, as I’ve enjoyed every one of them. It’s going to be a great trip and I can’t wait to meet the team responsible for these putters.

Any lack of improvement will not be for lack of effort. I’ve been struggling with driver so that will be a heavy focus. It’ll either be significantly better or Ill be hitting 3W a lot.

I have the Stroke Lab 7s. It is my only experience with an Odyssey insert. I like the feel. It isn’t too firm and it gets the ball rolling quickly but smoothly.

Last edited:

For me I tried it in the Stroke Lab line and I like it. It’s soft enough but still have some feel to it if that makes sense.

Prior to this I’ve been using putters with the works insert (VLine and Milled Collection 6M) and I absolutely love the roll I put on the ball with those.

The new Oworks face I haven’t had much time with, but the time spent with it I really liked it and if forced to I could game a putter with this insert.

good lord is that ever true. get a sideways at conservatory and you can put up some big numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i’m a little partial to the oworks microhinge. that soft mushy feeling just resonates with me. but the complete package of the stroke lab putters with the new insert makes for serious consistency.

good lord is that ever true. get a sideways at conservatory and you can put up some big numbers.

I was planning on spending most of my time trying to dial in my short game, but I really also do need to fix my driver. I tend to get sideways. Need to fix that. Who knows, might do a fitting and even have a new Epic Flash in the bag by then.....

I was planning on spending most of my time trying to dial in my short game, but I really also do need to fix my driver. I tend to get sideways. Need to fix that. Who knows, might do a fitting and even have a new Epic Flash in the bag by then.....

in my opinion, conservatory tests every part of your game. i think ocean plays a little easier, but still a great challenge.

The 2019 Odyssey Experiece

in my opinion, conservatory tests every part of your game. i think ocean plays a little easier, but still a great challenge.

I feel good about putting always. Every other part needs work. Still thinking my approach will be get the driver decent or at least able to trust it most of the time, then focus on short game next. The way the weather is here, might not get my first outside round (plenty of sim time) in until mid April.

Perfect. Hopefully at least a full month of getting back into form and then let’s have at it. I’m so pumped to play these two

Back