Ben Hogan Precision Milled Putters

A bold step for the BH brand. Not personally a fan of the head shapes, but I hope this means they are doing well and maybe more will come. Dbm finish is going to get a lot of mentions here.

I think they look really nice. Price wise, I thought they might run a touch lower than that, but its not too bad. The one thing I can't tell about is the finish. It kind of reminds me of the black that was on the Cleveland 2135 putters, and that just came off looking less than premium(nice way of saying it).

I really like that Players Blade with the double bend shaft. They really look good. I shouldn’t be surprised but I am. Well done Ben Hogan Golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get it but no LH is disappointing. They do look nice though.

Color me interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From a purely visual perspective.. This checks a lot of boxes.

Milling.jpg

$250 is a both a lot and not a lot at the same time. I think its the lowest priced milled carbon putter, but still right up against odyssey pricing.

Compared to other milled putters they compete well on price; however, the barely used market for Betty, Toulon, and Scotty is right there as well.

I think this is a hard market to break into (though there is a lot of margins to be had), but I'm glad another company is playing.

The putters look good and the milled face looks like, well, a milled face. That being said I am a little surprised at the pricing. As a DTC company BH as promoted itself as a value brand-price wise,and to me $250 for a putter doesn't fit that model. Also,my guess is that most consumers like to try a putter before they buy it, whether it is at their local club or a PGA Tour Superstore. As a DTC company this is a tough one to get over.

As a Hogan guy, this does make me excited. Theoretically, you can now get DBM finish on the Ft. Worths, Equalizer wedges, and the putters. So, you can have a "murdered out" complete set. I think they should have come in below the $200.00 price point. That $250 range puts them in the market with a lot of competitors. I hope they offer these on the demo program. Not many people willing to shell out a decent amount of cash on a putter without trying it out first. On the carbon milled side, it is a good price. But, for basically the same price, you can get a Odyssey Stroke Lab! Which one are you more interested in? I was talking to a BH social media ambassador and he thought the driver/ fairway woods would be released before the putter. Interested in what's in Ben Hogan's future!

I think going below $200 could have been a challenge for a Forged and milled line, right?

I really like the look of that mallet. Glad to see the product expansion occurring - hope to see more coming soon.

The pricing seems a little on the high side compared to their other products.

If they’re milled and CNC machined, they probably can’t drop that price much more. Each putter is milled our of a bigger piece of carbon steel. That equates to a lot of wasted or unused material.

I really like the look of that putter. If only BH could mass produce them with their same QC and get demos out to both green grass and big box stores.

They still make some of the most beautiful irons I’ve ever seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Really nice, classic looking offerings. Will be interesting to read initial feedback on these, especially regarding feel.

Ben Hogan Precision Milled Putters

Nicely written piece and these are some seriously great looking putters. If anyone remembers the last or one of the last iterations of the Ben Hogan putter....I own one. It is beat to hell....but was a beauty when ‘spankin new
f4dc0827fb0f8e47e7fea000fdc642cb.jpg

Nice looking, clean and simple. I wonder if they are going to have a trial period on these as well? There are other milled putters that are DTC that no stores carry for test, I hope that BH does well with these.

Hey THPers, I know today was awesome, but stay tuned to tomorrow if you want to join a staff writer in reviewing these.

Very good looking putter line up, the DBM is a good choice I think, assuming it doesn’t mess with feel too much. The lack of availability for testing these might be an issue at that price point, but I get why they priced it there.

I think going below $200 could have been a challenge for a Forged and milled line, right?

Probably; don’t see any on the market at that price. My comment was born from being spoiled at Ben Hogan’s crazy DTC pricing on irons.

Hey THPers, I know today was awesome, but stay tuned to tomorrow if you want to join a staff writer in reviewing these.

Great opportunity to review some really good looking putters!

Great opportunity to review some really good looking putters!

I agree. The sign up to help review is open https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php/113453-Forum-Testing-Signup-Ben-Hogan-Precision-Milled-Putters and everyone interested should do it. I like the initial looks of these and am intrigued to read some feedback on this Hogan product.

Signed up for testing and really hoping to be selected. Really love everything about the looks of the BHB03 flow neck and am a diehard Hogan homer and have been for most of my golfing life.

Beautiful putters.
There are other brands I like so I won't be going this route even if I did need a 15th putter.

The DBM finish and milling look great. I like them not taking the easy route with this new release. If you haven't had a release in over a decade, might as well do it right!

Back