Contest and Live Update Thread: The 2019 Odyssey Experience

Will the exo version of the 1w that was previously photographed ever come to market?

A Chicago? Sean is gonna let that happen?

Contest and Live Update Thread: The 2019 Odyssey Experience

The 2019 Odyssey Experience Odds:

I apologize for the delay, I have been traveling for work all week. So without further ado, let's do this!!!
The THP Calendar turns to one of the cooler events of the year, The Odyssey Experience, where 8 lucky THP'ers get fitted for putters by some of the best putter minds in the business in Austie Rollinson, Sean Toulon, Luke Williams and Tony Toulon. As someone who has been fitted for a putter by Sean Toulon, I can say it’s truly an awesome experience.

The location of this event is no stranger, as we return to Hammock Beach Golf Club in Palm Coast, FL. Hammock Beach has been the host of many great events. There are many posts throughout the forum on the Hammock Beach courses, if you want to check out the course, take a look:

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php/104050-Hammock-Beach-Ocean-Course
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...5378-Hammock-Beach-Resort-Conservatory-Course

The Handicaps of the Teams:

Team Design
Sean Toulon- 2
Austie Rollinson- 2
misike- 18
mikeg_74- 13.6
fflmaster- 18.3
Parrot- 14

Team Create
Luke Williams- 2
Tony Toulon- 2
cpaulsell- 13
Doubleb21- 24
Mancest- 12.1
cbaker2882- 7.1

On paper Team Create holds the slight edge on combined handicap (10.0 to 11.3), but it's close and both Teams will have interesting options as it relates to pairings. The only format that has been stated is best ball, would like to see Alternate Shot added too. The teams are basically evenly matched from a handicap perspective.

Percentage of total action:
Team Design- 49.6%
Team Create- 50.4%

The THP Universe was split down the middle, in the tightest contest that I've ever seen, there was no betting favorite in this one. It makes sense, the teams are evenly matched and event veteran THP'ers were spread between the teams.

Team Odds of Winning The Odyssey Experience:

This is tough one with the Teams basically even from a combined Handicap perspective, and the THP Universe's action was also evenly split between the two teams. It really comes down to gut feeling and preference. The Grandaddy Ass Cap or THP's Bathroom Aficionado? The person who fit me for the favorite putter that I have ever had, in Sean or The Legend of Luke Williams? It's slight, but The Legend gets the nod....

Team Create -140
Team Design +120

The before mentioned putter... Garage Columbus w/ H8 Neck
c0b4bd9c69f5b0dfa426290a0cd1dc8c.jpg

Sorry Sean...
323d6b1f0e659c783815467419f3ec42.jpg

Pictured with The Legend.
00c8a870baeb399a0265b8d42c2f217b.jpg

Last edited:
Man those Ogio backpacks are awesome. Love mine and use it allllll the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they are filled with swag.

The 2019 Odyssey Experience Odds:

I apologize for the delay, I have been traveling for work all week. So without further ado, let's do this!!!
The THP Calendar turns to one of the cooler events of the year, The Odyssey Experience, where 8 lucky THP'ers get fitted for putters by some of the best putter minds in the business in Austie Rollinson, Sean Toulon, Luke Williams and Tony Toulon. As someone who has been fitted for a putter by Sean Toulon, I can say it truly an awesome experience.

The location of this event is no stranger, as we return to Hammock Beach Golf Club in Palm Coast, FL. Hammock Beach has been the host of many great events. There are many posts throughout the forum on the Hammock Beach courses, if you want to check out the course, take a look:

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php/104050-Hammock-Beach-Ocean-Course
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...5378-Hammock-Beach-Resort-Conservatory-Course

The Handicaps of the Teams:

Team Design
Sean Toulon- 2
Austie Rollinson- 2
misike- 18
mikeg_74- 13.6
fflmaster- 18.3
Parrot- 14

Team Create
Luke Williams- 2
Tony Toulon- 2
cpaulsell- 13
Doubleb21- 24
Mancest- 12.1
cbaker2882- 7.1

On paper Team Create holds the slight edge on combined handicap (10.0 to 11.3), but it's close and both Teams will have interesting options as it relates to pairings. The only format that has been stated is best ball, would like to see Alternate Shot added too. The teams are basically evenly matched from a handicap perspective.

Percentage of total action:
Team Design- 49.6%
Team Create- 50.4%

The THP Universe was split down the middle, in the tightest contest that I've seen ever, there was no betting favorite in this one. It makes sense, the teams are evenly matched and event veteran THP'ers were spread between the teams.

Team Odds of Winning The Odyssey Experience:

This is tough one with the Teams basically even from a combined Handicap perspective, and the THP Universe's action was also evenly split between the two teams. It really comes down to gut feeling and preference. The Grandaddy Ass Cap or THP's Bathroom Aficionado? The people who fit me for the favorite putter that I have ever had, in Sean or The Legend of Luke Williams? It's slight, but The Legend gets the nod....

Team Create -140
Team Design +120

This is awesome.

And they are filled with swag.

What???? Someone send pics right away.

What???? Someone send pics right away.

We haven’t opened them yet. Still having dinner and getting some good education. We’ll get pics posted once we open them up.

Not a bad view sitting and getting a drink.

b46ed2c27c0c7d6737a93a1da23f7bde.jpg

I know that bar well. And I miss it. Enjoy every second!

Coasters in with some of their parents.

Here were Sean’s coasters.

e6267fb865e344b72b10dce2606502e6.jpg

I NEEDDDDDDD THIS! Holy crap this is one of the coolest things I’ve seen. Simply amazing.

Questions: Any concerns about Stroke Lab copy cats, and if so what can be done to combat it?

From Sean:

They have strong IP’s (intellectual property rights) around the design, but it is always a concern. If people try hard enough they can always find a way to copy.

I NEEDDDDDDD THIS! Holy crap this is one of the coolest things I’ve seen. Simply amazing.

Austie has 5 different designs on his. Will get some pics.

Leave it to Sean to be at a resort in Florida in the middle of May and still wear a half-zip pullover.

I use mine daily! Darn good backpacks.

3375c2e572161e17e55db893b7f5b564.jpg

Someone ask Sean or Austie what I should do if I’ve got a 95 gram grip I want to put on an SL putter.

This is such an awesome start to the event. Well done on the food and accommodations that we have seen. This will be so fun to follow....Well done Odyssey and THP !

Questions?
Why wasn’t a Stroke Lab Columbus released?
When will Nashville get a Toulon?

c04f6e7dc360edbb671e5878f3c5c38c.jpg

How many iterations of the weight balance were there (other than -40g from the shaft, 10g for the head, 30 for the grip)?

How hard was it to quantify the gains in stroke repeatability and other metrics when testing?

You can’t beat this!
7b0258bd73af30d552561cfa23644fa2.jpg

One last food picture. Chocolate Lava Cake. Mmmmm

16cc46d0ccf090616e01003d288ef7a0.jpg

Back