Contest and Live Update Thread: The 2019 Odyssey Experience

It was awesome to watch. Talk about someone that just had this infectious smile about the entire trip. Reminded me why we do these and it was a blast to watch.

Seeing some net birdies and a net eagle was pretty fun too.

JB that was one of the most amazing trips for me ever. The friendships made were the absolute best. I loved seeing people play,learn and just have a great time. Thank you again for all you and golfer gal do for us it is greatly appreciated.

JB that was one of the most amazing trips for me ever. The friendships made were the absolute best. I loved seeing people play,learn and just have a great time. Thank you again for all you and golfer gal do for us it is greatly appreciated.
Heck of a weekend for you! Great to see you experience this amazing event early in your golf career. The positivity and excitement was contagious! Thanks for that!

JB and Golfer Gal are fricking awesome! So much has been given to the forum and it's members and they make it happen!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Heck of a weekend for you! Great to see you experience this amazing event early in your golf career. The positivity and excitement was contagious! Thanks for that!

Thank you Dacatalyst41 it was amazing.

Some random thoughts from the weekend and on the group of THPers that I had the pleasure of experiencing this event with

Team Design
Cbaker2882 - Collin and I were in the Handcrafted event together so I was looking forward to hanging out again. One thing I love about him is that he has this quiet confidence about him. He can mix it up with the best of them when he has to and is one hell of a golfer. When the team came out I knew his play would most likely be the deciding factor. We talked about the Toulon Garage and what his putter would look like. When he talked about his thoughts he lit up like a Christmas tree. The formats didn't lend themselves to us playing with the other team, but that can be easily corrected with a trip to ohiotopia. The Cigar to close out Saturday night was perfect to sit back and talk about more than just golf. we need more Cbaker's in this world.

cpaulsell - Corey was a little quiet and wide eyed. His first THP event and he didn't really know what to expect. The times we got to interact and talk you could tell he was super appreciative of all that was being thrown our way. As a newer guy to THP I think he was a little hesitant to get out of his comfort zone, but he didn't stand off to the side either. He lives just outside of Detroit, so not much golf for him leading up to this one, but his swing didn't show it. His claim to fame was wearing a Ping hat to this event and it culminated with him dropping his driver on the cart path which prompted Luke to say "I would throw that thing on the cart path too if I owned one" (or something to that effect) Corey took the ribbing in stride. By the end of the weekend he drank enough of the Callaway/Odyssey/Toulon Jesus Juice and he is fully converted to the family. (if anyone needs a Scotty, Corey has one listed on eBay!! )

Doubleb21 - All you need to know about Brian is that he started golfing 10 months ago....yes you read that correctly, 10 months ago. He being another new guy to THP and his 1st event he was nervous, but no way that was going to let him not enjoy this one to the fullest. Every time you looked at Brian he was smiling ear to ear and just praising the event and our hosts. Another guy that I talked to a little bit, but need more time with because his positivity is something we all need in our lives. One thing is by the end of the weekend Brian was rolling the rock very well. I need to make a trip to Arizona and you better believe I am hanging out with this guy again.

Mancest - Those that have met Senior Ortega know you are getting the whole enchilada. (mexican pun intended). Roger says what my brain is thinking and in the time i am debating "you think it's ok to say that out loud" he'll blurt it out and I'm like "son of a b*tch, i was thinking that".....seriously though this was my second time seeing him and it's like we were old friends. We get along so well because we are cut from the same cloth (he obviously was cut from a bigger cloth). He has a heart of gold, lives by the golden rule and is a straight shooter with no ********. I can appreciate that and anytime i get to hang out with him I am better for it. I am glad i live far away from him, otherwise I think he is the only person who can convince me to sell a kidney on the black market to fund a golf trip to Ireland. Next time i'm in San Ramon you bet I am calling so we can go hang out.

Team Design you are up next..........

Thank you Mike_g for the kind words. Every guy at this event was exceptional to be around. AZ has some great golf so we look forward to seeing you here!

Andddd the yellow is off my v line. Sorry odyssey, I live in Cleveland, I can’t have a black and yellow putter.

I’m so glad you got to go to this dude! You did a great job sharing!

Some random thoughts from the weekend and on the group of THPers that I had the pleasure of experiencing this event with

Team Design
Cbaker2882 - Collin and I were in the Handcrafted event together so I was looking forward to hanging out again. One thing I love about him is that he has this quiet confidence about him. He can mix it up with the best of them when he has to and is one hell of a golfer. When the team came out I knew his play would most likely be the deciding factor. We talked about the Toulon Garage and what his putter would look like. When he talked about his thoughts he lit up like a Christmas tree. The formats didn't lend themselves to us playing with the other team, but that can be easily corrected with a trip to ohiotopia. The Cigar to close out Saturday night was perfect to sit back and talk about more than just golf. we need more Cbaker's in this world.

cpaulsell - Corey was a little quiet and wide eyed. His first THP event and he didn't really know what to expect. The times we got to interact and talk you could tell he was super appreciative of all that was being thrown our way. As a newer guy to THP I think he was a little hesitant to get out of his comfort zone, but he didn't stand off to the side either. He lives just outside of Detroit, so not much golf for him leading up to this one, but his swing didn't show it. His claim to fame was wearing a Ping hat to this event and it culminated with him dropping his driver on the cart path which prompted Luke to say "I would throw that thing on the cart path too if I owned one" (or something to that effect) Corey took the ribbing in stride. By the end of the weekend he drank enough of the Callaway/Odyssey/Toulon Jesus Juice and he is fully converted to the family. (if anyone needs a Scotty, Corey has one listed on eBay!! )

Doubleb21 - All you need to know about Brian is that he started golfing 10 months ago....yes you read that correctly, 10 months ago. He being another new guy to THP and his 1st event he was nervous, but no way that was going to let him not enjoy this one to the fullest. Every time you looked at Brian he was smiling ear to ear and just praising the event and our hosts. Another guy that I talked to a little bit, but need more time with because his positivity is something we all need in our lives. One thing is by the end of the weekend Brian was rolling the rock very well. I need to make a trip to Arizona and you better believe I am hanging out with this guy again.

Mancest - Those that have met Senior Ortega know you are getting the whole enchilada. (mexican pun intended). Roger says what my brain is thinking and in the time i am debating "you think it's ok to say that out loud" he'll blurt it out and I'm like "son of a b*tch, i was thinking that".....seriously though this was my second time seeing him and it's like we were old friends. We get along so well because we are cut from the same cloth (he obviously was cut from a bigger cloth). He has a heart of gold, lives by the golden rule and is a straight shooter with no ********. I can appreciate that and anytime i get to hang out with him I am better for it. I am glad i live far away from him, otherwise I think he is the only person who can convince me to sell a kidney on the black market to fund a golf trip to Ireland. Next time i'm in San Ramon you bet I am calling so we can go hang out.

Team Design you are up next..........
You Da Man Mike! Thank you for the kind words! Glad I got to share this experience with you!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Andddd the yellow is off my v line. Sorry odyssey, I live in Cleveland, I can’t have a black and yellow putter.

So, is Toulon going to have some custom Orange in the works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contest and Live Update Thread: The 2019 Odyssey Experience

So, is Toulon going to have some custom Orange in the works?

Haha nope. I’m all about the red white and blue with my golf stuff as much as I can. And if it isn’t that, it’s green and white for my alma mater (OU). Just can’t have black and yellow or blue and yellow. Instant no’s for me haha

That HOF tag is black and yellow. Should we take that down? :act-up:

That HOF tag is black and yellow. Should we take that down? :act-up:

No, it’s more gold, I think it can stay haha

I’m losing my mind, there’s black and yellow on the putters? I need to go look at mine

I’m losing my mind, there’s black and yellow on the putters? I need to go look at mine
On the bottom?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

this was such a great follow.....I need to be watching close for "THE GARAGE"

Definitely losing your mind haha

I just looked... it was more of an orange/yellow than a hard yellow.

It’s ok, I made whatever it is into a black black, and it looks awesome now

It’s ok, I made whatever it is into a black black, and it looks awesome now

Hahaha! Take a picture, I might need to go to Michael’s and pick up some Testors and fill mine in.

Hahaha! Take a picture, I might need to go to Michael’s and pick up some Testors and fill mine in.

Original vs blackout

fd79c5178a9be97dbd8bf2614e10a69e.jpg

82cbfd791516fdb8318efe21e6cd1529.jpg

Original vs blackout

fd79c5178a9be97dbd8bf2614e10a69e.jpg

82cbfd791516fdb8318efe21e6cd1529.jpg

That’s interesting. What paint filler did you use? I wonder if we could use a similar process on the Toulon.

I will call it the CBaker Garage

That’s interesting. What paint filler did you use? I wonder if we could use a similar process on the Toulon.

I will call it the CBaker Garage

It’s Testors enamel paint. It works pretty well, and I’ve used it a ton in the past.

Have you looked at the stock headcover?

Back