First Look: Scotty Cameron 2019 Teryllium T22 Putter

Insert or not, plenty of players like carbon putters. Scotty's original terrylium insert putters had an impact sound/feel players liked. I don't know if that was due to the insert, the carbon head, the weight of the putter head, or a combination of all three. During that late 90's era the Scotty Cameron line offered both stainless as well as carbon head putters, and I am not sure why he chose to use one material versus the other, insert vs no insert etc...

So, again I ask...

what does a carbon head mean for people when it's got an insert in it? Aside from the forced maintenance, of course.

There are many. You just need to look. There was one GIP on facebook a few days ago. I've added weight behind the face on some of mine just to get them up there.

I'll keep an eye out. Most of the ones I've seen in even semi-decent shape are in the 400 range or more, and even they need some work.

I don't know. As a limited run, I love the decision to bring them back. Make them durable with stainless, retain the benefits of Teryllium, add a couple things like weight adjustment and milling to improve. You've been in the 'game' for a while so I definitely respect where you're coming from, but I personally dig it. A lot.

I'll keep an eye out. Most of the ones I've seen in even semi-decent shape are in the 400 range or more, and even they need some work.

I don't know. As a limited run, I love the decision to bring them back. Make them durable with stainless, retain the benefits of Teryllium, add a couple things like weight adjustment and milling to improve. You've been in the 'game' for a while so I definitely respect where you're coming from, but I personally dig it. A lot.
I think the button back redux that was hinted last year would have been much better. Sure that o e can be improved by Scotty's "vibration dampening technology," also known as 3M adhesive tape.

Posted by my thumbs.

I think the button back redux that was hinted last year would have been much better. Sure that o e can be improved by Scotty's "vibration dampening technology," also known as 3M adhesive tape.

Posted by my thumbs.

Super high end adhesive, bruv. hahahaha

I still have my SS long neck Teryllium putter but it's in the corner for a while. Got a rose gold Toulon Columbus with a stroke lab shaft. I love the face balance of the long neck and almost face balance of the Toulon. The thing that intrigues me with this putter is the weight options. How I wish they would make this into a long neck!

Sweet looking offering. No issue with price at all since it's a limited release can't compare it to their "normal" prices.

Shining the light on this bit of SC history, may actually increase the demand of the originals.

I have a sole stamp that Peter restored with zero maintenance (fantastic job and I game it) and another I had BOS restore that I have not gamed.

Curiosity about the originals will definitely be peaked (IMHO)

Wow this should be a hot seller for tiger fans

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m in love at first sight!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They may work well, but man are they ugly.

I like the looks better than the last few series.

So, again I ask...

what does a carbon head mean for people when it's got an insert in it? Aside from the forced maintenance, of course.

Obviously, some players like a carbon head putter with insert (for whatever may be their reasons).
I rotate several putters, all the same head design, weight and specs, the difference among the putters being some are made of carbon and the others are made of stainless. My own observation is that the sound/feel difference between carbon stainless is very small, nearly imperceptible. Other players swear they get a significantly softer sound/feel from carbon.
You seem to be implying that if a putter has an insert then it is that insert material which will matter (to sound/feel) more so than whether the head is made carbon or stainless. Some players would probably agree, with you, others would disagree. I've never played any insert putter so don't have an opinion either way.

Obviously, some players like a carbon head putter with insert (for whatever may be their reasons).
I rotate several putters, all the same head design, weight and specs, the difference among the putters being some are made of carbon and the others are made of stainless. My own observation is that the sound/feel difference between carbon stainless is very small, nearly imperceptible. Other players swear they get a significantly softer sound/feel from carbon.
You seem to be implying that if a putter has an insert then it is that insert material which will matter (to sound/feel) more so than whether the head is made carbon or stainless. Some players would probably agree, with you, others would disagree. I've never played any insert putter so don't have an opinion either way.

That's an awful lot of non-reply to not have an opinion lmao!

I've always been a fan of the Teryllium and I'm looking forward to getting one of these in my hands.

Used Scotty teryllium market uptick in 3...2...

Those look good. Cost is up there, but i bet it feels good.

Im still trying to figure out why they didn't do one of two things.

Go $699 and sell out equally as fast.

Go $499 and sell a few more.

Posted by my thumbs.
I remember being positively disgusted when I took the insert out of my 2016 Newport and found a poorly cut piece of double sided tape in there.
I honestly havent been able to look at ANY insert Scotty since then without scorn and derision.

That's the sort of $$ driven nonsense that leads people down the path of "all tech is marketing" in golf.

I remember being positively disgusted when I took the insert out of my 2016 Newport and found a poorly cut piece of double sided tape in there.
I honestly havent been able to look at ANY insert Scotty since then without scorn and derision.

That's the sort of $$ driven nonsense that leads people down the path of "all tech is marketing" in golf.

In the video showcasing that line, they make it pretty clearly visible that it's just a strip of adhesive between the head and the insert. Membrane is definitely fancy talk for tape, but at least they didn't try to hide it.

5fe27a67724cf4f5349aad51f29dc083.png

Im still trying to figure out why they didn't do one of two things.

Go $699 and sell out equally as fast.

Go $499 and sell a few more.

Because Mr. Cameron sets a production number in his head and that is that. He's sort of like the Steve Jobs of golf. You (folks over at SC) don't question it when he says go.

Because Mr. Cameron sets a production number in his head and that is that. He's sort of like the Steve Jobs of golf. You (folks over at SC) don't question it when he says go.

Production number maybe. Price is not a one person decision : )

In the video showcasing that line, they make it pretty clearly visible that it's just a strip of adhesive between the head and the insert. Membrane is definitely fancy talk for tape, but at least they didn't try to hide it.

5fe27a67724cf4f5349aad51f29dc083.png

If you really do your homework, you'll know exactly what kind of tape it is, and have a drawer full of it in your garage. Just like how the "elastomer" on the TeI3 is nothing more than caulk. Same principle as above applies

I've said too much. Need to go into hiding now.

If you really do your homework, you'll know exactly what kind of tape it is, and have a drawer full of it in your garage. Just like how the "elastomer" on the TeI3 is nothing more than caulk. Same principle as above applies

I've said too much. Need to go into hiding now.

haha, I mean, I could have sworn that white stuff was marshmallow infused birdie juice.

Are you absolutely sure you're sure?

Production number maybe. Price is not a one person decision : )

In the world of tour sticks and limiteds, it absolutely is a Scotty call. My understanding is that level of control is part of his deal with Acushnet. OTRs I think are completely handled by Titleist after completion of design.

Back