Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
This will be a thread for my review and discussion of a gorgeous Piretti Matera Workshop putter.

Pictures! We need pictures! I'm a big fan of that style and look forward to hearing how it works for you.

I will get some photos up this weekend. It has been a crazy week.

One of my favorite players on tour is Tony Finau, because he is a local. I have actually played with him many years ago. His story is very well known at this juncture and he is one of the “good guys.” Anyway, he has had a Piretti Matera in his bag for some time.

I have always wanted to play a blade-style putter, but they just don’t work for me as well as something with a little more MOI. The Matera is a great compromise. It still has some of that blade look, but with the deeper flange, it provides some help.

I had been considering a Matera for quite a while and reached out to Piretti. I worked with a guy named “Bill Craig.” He was wonderful to work with. Very responsive and helpful. They had a “Workshop” Matera with a longer slant welded neck that could be finished the way I wanted. I had been reading about the Garsen grips and decided to try the G Pro Max. I gave the guys in the workshop the freedom to stamp the putter as they saw fit.

the putter looks great. It is a 380 gram head, which might be heavy for some, but at 33.5 inches, it feels really balanced to me. The mid-milling gives the putter a very pleasing sound and feel (who can say which is which), even with the X-type balls I have gravitated to this year.

Something about the combination of the head and the Garsen grip have just completely clicked for me. The putter is totally on fire. I had one other streak of putting like this in the last 3 years and it was last summer with an Odyssey Red Ball. I will admit that I am vain and the putter never appealed to me visually, but it worked. Ever since, I have been trying to find something that I loved to look at, but which still performed equally as well. This putter is it for me.

It was not an inexpensive putter and a little bit of a shot in the dark, because I have no access to Piretti putters in my area and, particularly the Matera. I am so thrilled with it, though.

I am a horrible photographer, but will get some photos up soon.

I have a Matera also and I feel the same way. Wonderful putter. Piretti's are very underrated in my opinion.

zZdBLt693TJMiRQy9
zZdBLt693TJMiRQy9
materA.jpg

IMG_8297.jpgIMG_8298.jpgIMG_8299.jpgIMG_8300.jpgIMG_8301.jpgIMG_8302.jpg

A few photos...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Pictures! We need pictures! I'm a big fan of that style and look forward to hearing how it works for you.

Photos for you, @Kev.

Great stick. Piretti makes nice ones and the Matera's I owned were always amongst my favorites. Its a head shape based-on/scary-similar-to the TP Mills Fleetwood which makes me adore it even more.

That is a cool looking putter, I like that shape

Great stick. Piretti makes nice ones and the Matera's I owned were always amongst my favorites. Its a head shape based-on/scary-similar-to the TP Mills Fleetwood which makes me adore it even more.

Wow, the two putters are extremely similar. Thanks for pointing it out.

Wow, the two putters are extremely similar. Thanks for pointing it out.

Yessir, the Fleetwood came first, but Piretti is one of only three others to replicate or make a variation of it, Bettinardi and Lajosi being the other two.

No problem, I have a thing for putters. Haha

That is one clean looking putter. I've loved that shape ever since I noticed with Finau with it. It takes my favorite blade style style in the Laguna/Zing but like you said seems to add a little extra heft behind it. Great purchase!

That is one clean looking putter. I've loved that shape ever since I noticed with Finau with it. It takes my favorite blade style style in the Laguna/Zing but like you said seems to add a little extra heft behind it. Great purchase!

I agree totally. I have always loved the look of the Laguna/Zing (Your Azalea is also similar to those two). I own a Toulon Long Island, which also is similar. I have a Rife Rival, which has a similar profile, but is a little larger in size, and had some success with it. This one fits within the lineage, but with the beef that I truly need with a little bit more shaken putting stroke as I grow older. I really have high hopes with it.

Got another quick 9 in before work. 16 putts. No 3 putts. I am really enamored.

My goodness... so pretty. One of my favorite head shapes and a sight dot!!!!

Very cool putter! I think I'd have to pick it up and try it if I ever saw it laying around or at a store/shop.

I think I am ready to say it. This is my all time favorite putter. I have been averaging between 32 and 33 putts since I got it. I had 3 birdies today and 33 putts, hitting 11 greens. The thing that I am finding is that I am lag putting as well as I ever have. So happy with this acquisition.

I am continuing to see a lot of success with the Matera. If you are looking for something a little unique, don’t overlook it as an option.

I am continuing to see a lot of success with the Matera. If you are looking for something a little unique, don’t overlook it as an option.

Agree, the Fleetwood/Matera is a great shape.

That's great that it's working for you. I'm a big fan of that shape.

31 putts today with 12 GIR. 13 two putts and 5 one putts. This is as well as I have ever putted. I am truly having an exceptional experience with this Matera.

I played 12 with my new Matera today, it has lovely balance.

It’s much bigger than I expected, see comparison shots with a Forza and a Betti #28 Slotback. Definitely a mallet, not a blade. Really like the way it plays.

Attachments

• photo37042.jpg
    photo37042.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • photo37043.jpg
    photo37043.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • photo37044.jpg
    photo37044.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • photo37045.jpg
    photo37045.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • photo37046.jpg
    photo37046.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
Joelsim;n8901089 said:
I played 12 with my new Matera today, it has lovely balance.

It’s much bigger than I expected, see comparison shots with a Forza and a Betti #28 Slotback. Definitely a mallet, not a blade. Really like the way it plays.

I love mine.

Back