Pringles T|X|G Instagram Contest Putter Fitting

Pringles

waywardpoints
Reaction score
Handicap
So I was lucky enough to win a free putter fitting with Ian Fraser from T|X|G golf at the Toronto location. I flew in to Toronto last Monday and had my fitting which you can see here:
https://youtu.be/1zRvUMp12eM

I have to say that I was very impressed with my fitting experience and Ian has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to fitting golfers. I would highly recommend anyone who gets a chance to go see them and get fit at their facility.

I ended up with an Evnroll ER7 at the end of the fitting since my stroke is a little more out to in and needed help shutting the face at impact. This putter with slight toe hang is closer to face balanced which helped me to achieve this. I’m hoping to get the putter here in the next couple of weeks and will be bringing it right to the course.

I know it’s been said here a couple times but I really like what Ian and Matt do with their YouTube channel and I’m glad that I got a chance to meet and work with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i thought that was you!!! i watched it yesterday. it was awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i thought that was you!!! i watched it yesterday. it was awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks man...it turned out pretty good in my opinion. It’s true that the camera adds “50lbs” :alien:

I watched it yesterday as well, but didn't realize at the time it was a THPer. Congrats again on the great win and on the putter!!

tuning in right now.

You're a star! Well done draining all those putts. You can't say you're a 6 and then start putting like me

Love the technology of the putter fitting. Very jealous of what you were able to experience. I definitely want to get it done

I know who I want on my team during the next THP Event! #Pringles #DroppingBombs

Great video and I agree the TXG guys are doing some quality work with fittings and providing golf information to their followers. I love how laid back they are and the patience they have to explain everything to make sure you understand whats going on.

I really thought once you rolled that Ping, it would be the one in the bag.

Really enjoyed watching it and you performed great. Look forward to hearing about your results with the putter!

That's awesome! What's interesting is you slightly changed your grip when you went to the ER7. No more pointing the right index finger.

Thanks guys...the PING was solid but the look was a little off for me and just wasn’t right because of my consistent heel strike miss. He liked the PING for my stroke but he loved the Evnroll because of the face tech and how it would compensate for the occasional heel stroke with the putter.

That's awesome! What's interesting is you slightly changed your grip when you went to the ER7. No more pointing the right index finger.

So Ian has me make the switch. He saw that I’m right hand dominant in my stroke and the finger down the shaft was actually promoting a little more “push” than “release”. We made a couple adjustments and worked more on taking it inside on the way back and releasing up and in on the way through.

I enjoyed watching that. I thought the PING looked pretty darn good for you, but yeah can't argue with the performance that EVNRoll pumped out for you. My question is, what did you learn about your stroke/putting outlook that might not have been shown on camera?

I enjoyed watching that. I thought the PING looked pretty darn good for you, but yeah can't argue with the performance that EVNRoll pumped out for you. My question is, what did you learn about your stroke/putting outlook that might not have been shown on camera?

So for me I learned that I naturally “cut” the ball with my putter just like I play all my other shots. I found that my stroke is pretty fluid but since I leave the face open slightly I put a little spin on the ball that takes it off line slightly which is causing me to barely miss a lot of putts. Ian told me my stroke is good and that I hit my lines well. We did find that with the San Diego and PING putters that my initial alignment was off by almost 2-4 inches.

So for me I learned that I naturally “cut” the ball with my putter just like I play all my other shots. I found that my stroke is pretty fluid but since I leave the face open slightly I put a little spin on the ball that takes it off line slightly which is causing me to barely miss a lot of putts. Ian told me my stroke is good and that I hit my lines well. We did find that with the San Diego and PING putters that my initial alignment was off by almost 2-4 inches.

Good stuff. Did you guys talk about why you think your alignment was off with those other putters?

So Ian has me make the switch. He saw that I’m right hand dominant in my stroke and the finger down the shaft was actually promoting a little more “push” than “release”. We made a couple adjustments and worked more on taking it inside on the way back and releasing up and in on the way through.

Honestly man, for an outside perspective watching the video, your putting stroke looked much better after the change. Looking forward to seeing how you do when you get your new putter. I'm extremely right hand dominant as well and struggle to keep my right side from taking over. I feel your pain on that. lol

Good stuff. Did you guys talk about why you think your alignment was off with those other putters?

Honestly he told me there is no rhyme or reason it’s just different for every individual. That’s why it’s important to get that checked out so you know you are always aiming where you are looking.

Honestly he told me there is no rhyme or reason it’s just different for every individual. That’s why it’s important to get that checked out so you know you are always aiming where you are looking.

that is a similar conversation I had during a SeeMore fitting I had years ago. This guy's belief from his fitting was that players who aim left tend to like a rounded shape, whereas those who aim right go for a squarer look. Now I could have that backward because my memory is pure crap some times, but it was a conversation I had during a fitting that just left me thinking...wow.

Once again though, I really enjoyed watching that. Can't wait to hear how it all unfolds for you after some time on the course.

Great stuff man!

Confirming the Evnroll you looked more relieved that anything that you finally have a putter that fits your stroke.

Draining putts is always nice hah

that is a similar conversation I had during a SeeMore fitting I had years ago. This guy's belief from his fitting was that players who aim left tend to like a rounded shape, whereas those who aim right go for a squarer look. Now I could have that backward because my memory is pure crap some times, but it was a conversation I had during a fitting that just left me thinking...wow.

Once again though, I really enjoyed watching that. Can't wait to hear how it all unfolds for you after some time on the course.

that's a fascinating bit of info. thanks!

Very interesting and nice video. Looks like you have the right putter, now what to do with all those extras. Hmmmm

Love watching those guys work and glad a THPer got a chance to be filmed! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the EVNRoll

Awesome man - looks like a great experience!

I watched this earlier today.. :D Great stuff sir! Looks like you've got a winner on your hands there.

Back