Pringles T|X|G Instagram Contest Putter Fitting

Wow that was really informative.. putter fitting is Definitely something I'll need to add to my wish list

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Did you have any idea that you did that before the fitting?

Just wanted to ask this again. Did you know you cut outside in before Ian showed you? Also, do you try any of the Toulon mallets since you liked the San Diego?

Just wanted to ask this again. Did you know you cut outside in before Ian showed you? Also, do you try any of the Toulon mallets since you liked the San Diego?

I had idea that I would cut the ball slightly. I didn’t know much much it was affecting my putting. I made a good amount of putts with this stroke but missed a ton more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great video....dang, you were rolling the ball sweet. So happy you found something better than you started, look out Chicago!

“Get Even!!” Hey @cwmonroe87 we got another member in the Evnroll Club!

Glad you got to do this and you have some of the “issues” I have and struggle w/ from time to time. The SeeMore event brought many of those same things you do to light for me. When I get loose I let that toe open up at impact and is something I have to watch. Looks like you got some great help now w/ the Evnroll and a few corrections to practice. The roll on those putters is just so good.

Other than putter choice you ended up with, was there anything that surprised you during the fitting? You seem to have a good idea about your stroke and issues going in but anything pointed out to you that you had no clue or was surprised about?

Good stuff my man and look forward to seeing it translate on the course soon!

“Get Even!!” Hey @cwmonroe87 we got another member in the Evnroll Club!

Glad you got to do this and you have some of the “issues” I have and struggle w/ from time to time. The SeeMore event brought many of those same things you do to light for me. When I get loose I let that toe open up at impact and is something I have to watch. Looks like you got some great help now w/ the Evnroll and a few corrections to practice. The roll on those putters is just so good.

Other than putter choice you ended up with, was there anything that surprised you during the fitting? You seem to have a good idea about your stroke and issues going in but anything pointed out to you that you had no clue or was surprised about?

Good stuff my man and look forward to seeing it translate on the course soon!

The biggest surprise for me was my misconception of toe hang and how it relates to your stroke. I always thought that more toe hang will help close the putter face when in fact it’s the opposite.

The biggest surprise for me was my misconception of toe hang and how it relates to your stroke. I always thought that more toe hang will help close the putter face when in fact it’s the opposite.

I don't know that is 100% accurate. As far as I understand it, more toe hang helps with face rotation. Some players it helps to open and close the face, others it promotes closure, and even others it promotes opening the face, but not closing it. I think you and I both fall into the later camp.

The Odyssey guys said that is why you can't just assume that if you need help closing the face to go with a lot of toe hang, we all react differently so need to test it to be sure.

I don't know that is 100% accurate. As far as I understand it, more toe hang helps with face rotation. Some players it helps to open and close the face, others it promotes closure, and even others it promotes opening the face, but not closing it. I think you and I both fall into the later camp.

The Odyssey guys said that is why you can't just assume that if you need help closing the face to go with a lot of toe hang, we all react differently so need to test it to be sure.

Correct my man...I meant for my stroke. I thought more toe hang would help me close the face when in actuality the toe was dragging behind and remaining open. Not a general rule haha just in my case. That’s why it’s so important to get fit and not follow these general guidelines.

The Evnroll has hands down been the best thing for me on the green in a long time. I love when I know I miss hit it and the thing still rolls in the hole.

What I’ve always heard was that stokes w/ more arc would benefit from a toe hang balance & straight back straight through lean more to face balance.

Correct my man...I meant for my stroke. I thought more toe hang would help me close the face when in actuality the toe was dragging behind and remaining open. Not a general rule haha just in my case. That’s why it’s so important to get fit and not follow these general guidelines.

So you got fit by one of the best in the business. I wonder how we can find someone even half as good? I have looked around my area and queried several locations. None, that I have found in the D.C. area uses the equipment Ian uses. You are one lucky golfer.

What I’ve always heard was that stokes w/ more arc would benefit from a toe hang balance & straight back straight through lean more to face balance.
I believe Ian has said that in one of his YouTube videos from months past. I went to a shop and kinda did my own fitting if you will. I arc pretty heavily. Ditched the face balance mallet for a nice blade 1/4 toe hang. It's done wonders for me.

I can't find a descent fitter so I did it on my own. Watching enough YouTube fitters I have an idea what hang I needed by using a GoPro and filming my stroke from different angles in slow mo. Worked for me. Your mileage may vary however. My shop didn't mind me spending a couple hours there filming my swing with different putters. They don't do fittings and knew I was making a purchase so they were accommodating.

Back