How to Lengthen A Putter

That was a great idea and really well done video. I've taken putters in to the store to be extended before and could have totally done it myself. Thanks for sharing that guys.

And that putter is sweet!

Back in the rage of belly putters, I actually used an old wedge shaft to extend my current shaft. It wasn't perfect, but it worked. Then when I was ready to change it back, just needed to cut the grip and pull the shaft.

Back in the rage of belly putters, I actually used an old wedge shaft to extend my current shaft. It wasn't perfect, but it worked. Then when I was ready to change it back, just needed to cut the grip and pull the shaft.
That's exactly the approach I used. I think I still have that extension, too, if I should ever wanna sacrifice my integrity like Langer or Scott.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The Club Lab has some cool toys! Thanks for the informational videos!

I've done that extension on a couple of putters in the past.
It does work as easy and as well as Dan's video.
Thanks for sharing !

Have extended many clubs using sections of your basic wood dowel from home depot. Works great but would not use for extending beyond 0.75 inch for irons or metal woods. Can go longer than that in the case of a putter.

Great Dans think alike. I’ve done this quite a few times too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a MXM 1W that I cut down to 33" a few years ago that I wish I hadn't. I might use this little tip to lengthen it back to original length and try out a new grip just for fun

Have extended many clubs using sections of your basic wood dowel from home depot. Works great but would not use for extending beyond 0.75 inch for irons or metal woods. Can go longer than that in the case of a putter.

Intriguing, I've not considered using something like that before!

Just extended my gamer this way, it’s the only way I’ve ever needed to extend a putter. Easy peasy.

Bumping this back up as some may look to extend a wrist lock grip. Looks very easy to do at home.

I'm guessing you get one extension per shaft?

Back