Super Stroke Traxion Claw Grip Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Bumping for those that missed this one this morning.

giphy.gif

Evening bump, for those who might have missed this one...

Good review Jman. Shape wise I like it, but that color is so bland.

Ohh I missed this - time to learn from the best

I’m not the target market for this grip but I love the option for the many, many claw grip users.

Great review James, always appreciate your input and honesty. I always been a fan of SS putter grips but I echo your comments on durability. Currently trying something different in my ER, so far great performance. Thanks.

Well done! 30+years of golf and I only just changed my grip up to the claw about a month ago and I'm liking it so far. 17 years with the same putter up until about 2 months ago, and decided to get the Strokelab #7 with the flatso grip. Like it too, but reading this makes me wonder should embrace even more change?

Would you say there's enough difference between the two grips to warrant giving it a shot?

Also, with the counterbalanced Strokelab shaft, what's the difficulty level on swapping grips?

Thanks again for the good read.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

excellent review james. i’m a claw guy, and have been disappointed in many recent stock offerings with full-length spines. it feels very odd in the bottom hand. does this grip have a spine (or spyne) running down the length as well?

i’m currently gaming a flatso 3.0 and it’s been pretty comfortable for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

excellent review james. i’m a claw guy, and have been disappointed in many recent stock offerings with full-length spines. it feels very odd in the bottom hand. does this grip have a spine (or spyne) running down the length as well?

i’m currently gaming a flatso 3.0 and it’s been pretty comfortable for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s part of their design tech, so it’s there. As I mentioned though the it’s more subdued on the back and with the larger, flatter, surfaces on the other three sides it shouldn’t be an issue in a claw grip.

Well done! 30+years of golf and I only just changed my grip up to the claw about a month ago and I'm liking it so far. 17 years with the same putter up until about 2 months ago, and decided to get the Strokelab #7 with the flatso grip. Like it too, but reading this makes me wonder should embrace even more change?

Would you say there's enough difference between the two grips to warrant giving it a shot?

Also, with the counterbalanced Strokelab shaft, what's the difficulty level on swapping grips?

Thanks again for the good read.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I would, If you are committed to the Claw going forward.

Little bumppppppppp

Its kind of funny on this one if you think about it, they're really the only Claw specialized grip in the space, which is good for them, but so so for consumers perhaps?

@Jman is this similar in shape to the SNSR contour ?

I have been using this grip for a while. I love it. I do not putt claw, but I really like that it is a pistol top with a very flat bottom half. For me a creates a very comfortable grip. I use the 1.0.

It is kind of the best of both worlds for a flat cat and super stroke pistol grip.

As it’s designed for the claw, not really.

Gotcha. I’ve been trying the claw with my Contour and it seems ok. Without seeing this one in person it’s tough to make the comparison.

Gotcha. I’ve been trying the claw with my Contour and it seems ok. Without seeing this one in person it’s tough to make the comparison.
Two best claw grips I’ve ever used are this, which has pure poop durability, and the Lamkin Sink fit straight.

Two best claw grips I’ve ever used are this, which has pure poop durability, and the Lamkin Sink fit straight.
Ok. Thanks. I’ve gamed one of the Sinks but not sure which model it was.

Back