JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New putter grips coming from Golf Pride

291d212133cd4e55e74c0e6f02ca4510.jpg

07f7704fc257aac5f212f5bfcfbb087e.jpg

oh this just got interesting. That red star looks like perfection to me.

So, are they for "pros only"?

• Admin
All 3 shapes sound appealing, I'd have to really get my hands on each to choose

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New putter grips coming from Golf Pride

291d212133cd4e55e74c0e6f02ca4510.jpg

07f7704fc257aac5f212f5bfcfbb087e.jpg

Saw a pic of these about a month back randomly, these look intriguing.

Sign me up for the red star. I refuse to remove my Lamkin Sink Putter grip because I feel it has improved my putting immensely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The red star looks very similar to the Lamkin grip I have been using for years. Would love to give all 3 a try.

I've been looking for the 75CC SNSR Contour Pro version ever since Alez367 teased me with pictures.

SNSR,75CC.jpg75cc,SNSR.jpg

I almost talked myself into ordering from Ping a PP58 midsize.

The Red Star version, doesn't seem like to much of a remake from their current Tour Tradition by the looks of it but interested in the rubber and make up of these new grips. Looks like they have lines on the side simular to the SNSR grips.

I kinda dig the retro *pro only* reference and kinda wish they put on the "putter man."

I've been looking for the 75CC SNSR Contour Pro version ever since Alez367 teased me with pictures.

View attachment 40851View attachment 40852

I almost talked myself into ordering from Ping a PP58 midsize.

The Red Star version, doesn't seem like to much of a remake from their current Tour Tradition by the looks of it but interested in the rubber and make up of these new grips. Looks like they have lines on the side simular to the SNSR grips.

I kinda dig the retro *pro only* reference and kinda wish they put on the "putter man."

the red star is pretty much the same size as the 75cc

These look so much better without the obnoxious neon yellow.

I was considering trying a "Forward" brand putter grip after noticing I have to cant my hands to get my SS grip more in my palms, but now I might give the Red Star a try instead.

PRO ONLY Red Star
  • Modernized horseshoe shape with an arched paddle front for thumb placement.
  • Utilizes a slight pistol kick in the back for hand heel pad placement.
  • 72 cc size and 74.5g weight.
PRO ONLY Blue Star
  • Angled profile with a wide, flat paddle front for thumb placement.
  • Utilizes an angled back shape for comfortable finger positioning.
  • 81 cc size and 82g weight.
PRO ONLY Green Star
  • Oval shape with an arched paddle front for thumb placement.
  • Slight upper hand flared back for optimum finger comfort and hand positioning.
  • 88 cc size and 86.5g weight.
“Many people find it surprising that 70% of the Top 30 putters on Tour prefer a smaller size putter grip. They prefer it because it allows them to gain greater feel, feedback and control. The PRO ONLY models deliver those Tour-preferred shapes with three uniquely optimized performance options.” said Bruce Miller, product manager, Golf Pride. “The new PRO ONLY putter-grip series enhances those marksman preferences with our new age materials, providing preferred shapes that have been trusted to win countless major championships.”

Available in three different models, the PRO ONLY putter grip series will be available at retail on 9/1 and feature a suggested retail price of $12.99 each. For more information on the Pro Only putter grips and the entire 2019 Golf Pride product offering, visit GolfPride.com.

After reading the detailed descriptions, the Red Star sill interests me the most of the 3 on paper.

I'm going to be getting these in hand for the review/article, and I've got a couple fun things planned for everyone!

I think these new Pro Only putter grips will appeal to players who like a heavier putter grip and, or, may want to reduce the swing weight of their putter.
For example, the original "Pro Only" weighed about 58 grams ,as does the classic Pingman smooth (Tiger's grip) as well as the Cameron Studio Design Fowler's grip.
The new Pro Only options are 20 to 30 grams heavier than the original, and this will create a significantly different feel-dead weight-and swing weight to a putter. That said, just about all the new putter offerings have relatively heavy heads , so a heavier grip may make good sense.

DG_1234;n8880908 said:
I think these new Pro Only putter grips will appeal to players who like a heavier putter grip and, or, may want to reduce the swing weight of their putter.
For example, the original "Pro Only" weighed about 58 grams ,as does the classic Pingman smooth (Tiger's grip) as well as the Cameron Studio Design Fowler's grip.
The new Pro Only options are 20 to 30 grams heavier than the original, and this will create a significantly different feel-dead weight-and swing weight to a putter. That said, just about all the new putter offerings have relatively heavy heads , so a heavier grip may make good sense.
Other than pool noodle grips, a lot of the modern rubber or rubber compound grips are coming in at 90+ grams. I am excited about the mid 70 weight of the Red Star. Not a fan of head weight much in excess of 350 grams and prefer rubber grips so any of those under 80 grams are music to my ears.

Will this make me a better (Pro) putter if I put this on? :act-up:

Excited to get to work on these. Time to decide the three putters.

The red star just screams at me

Reactions: KEV
Testing signup working now.

Back