Golf Pride Pro Only

These look and sound great. I'm impressed by those of you that can look at the pics and description and have a preference. I see them and just want to feel them all to see if I like any of them. I think the name is kind of silly though.

KEV;n8881309 said:
Thanks for sharing. I signed up thinking it could be fun to test one on my ProType. All 3 of the styles look pretty interesting but I like how unique that red star looks.
I signed up for the Red Star also. Looks and sounds very similar to the old Lamkin grip I have been using for years.

I signed up for the blue.

golfinnut;n8880966 said:
Will this make me a better (Pro) putter if I put this on? :act-up:

pmm21;n8880979 said:
Interesting grips, but poor choice in name. I like the shape of the blue one.

checkered;n8881336 said:
These look and sound great. I'm impressed by those of you that can look at the pics and description and have a preference. I see them and just want to feel them all to see if I like any of them. I think the name is kind of silly though.

I take it no one remembers the "Pro Only" putter grip that was legennnnnndary for Golf Pride? Hence the naming mechanism here.

Jman;n8881636 said:
I take it no one remembers the "Pro Only" putter grip that was legennnnnndary for Golf Pride? Hence the naming mechanism here.
Nope, but it wasn't a good name then either.

Posted by my thumbs.

pmm21;n8881662 said:
Nope, but it wasn't a good name then either.

Posted by my thumbs.

Very much debatable.

Its a legendary putter grip, and it only makes sense they are utilizing that name in a modern way.

But, I'll have more on all that in my review.

Jman;n8881682 said:
Very much debatable.

Its a legendary putter grip, and it only makes sense they are utilizing that name in a modern way.

But, I'll have more on all that in my review.

sounds like we will be getting a history lesson....I'm down for that.

ddec;n8881700 said:
sounds like we will be getting a history lesson....I'm down for that.

OG Pro Only grip is on the way, should arrive about the same time as these!

Red star is really interesting to me. Noticed my current grip starting to peal some, may soon be time for an upgrade.

Jman;n8881636 said:

Oh I remember. I had this one on my old Ping Anser putter of yesteryear

pro only grip.jpg

Excited for these to be in hand, still trying to decide what putters I'm going to put the three on but I have a few ideas.

I think they Tour/Undersize aspect is an interesting one, I know I was one SCREAMING at one point for them to release the 75cc SNSR's, this kind of answers that call I suppose at 71cc, 82cc, and 88cc.

Alright, these have arrived! No pics today because I’m going to have to clean them up, some fibers from in the packaging have clung all over them and they’re not photo ready yet by my standards haha.

They. Are. Small.

Strange holding sub 90cc putter grips again with where the threads have been.

Also received the OG Tour Only as well to compare in photos...and VIDEO!

I actually bought both the red star and the green star. I got both of these grips two days ago and decided that the red star will go on one of my Toulon blades and the green star is already on my Evnroll ER7. I will say that I am a big fan of the green star grip already.

Pringles;n8888592 said:
I actually bought both the red star and the green star. I got both of these grips two days ago and decided that the red star will go on one of my Toulon blades and the green star is already on my Evnroll ER7. I will say that I am a big fan of the green star grip already.

That green is the closest grip to my tour snsr contour and reviews here will decide if I give one a go on my tuttle or go with fit sink skinny.

Alez367;n8888887 said:
That green is the closest grip to my tour snsr contour and reviews here will decide if I give one a go on my tuttle or go with fit sink skinny.

Not only is the shape close.....

Alez367;n8888887 said:

I’ll add to my above.

Its not the same as the SNSR Contour, but it IS the same shape as the SNSR Contour Pro.

Like the look and sounds of the Red Star....lemme try one...

Jman;n8889450 said:
I’ll add to my above.

Its not the same as the SNSR Contour, but it IS the same shape as the SNSR Contour Pro.

Might need to pick one up for the tuttle then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alez367;n8889554 said:
Might need to pick one up for the tuttle then.

I have always enjoyed a little more putter grip in my top hand and the green gives me that little bit I am looking for without being overly pronounced like some other pistol grips. I am pleasantly surprised with the gray ridge that runs parallel with the side of the pro only grips. It acts as a nice little reminder for where my fingers should lay. The material itself is definitely more firm than the SNSR grips which is not a bad thing. I am enjoying the feedback I am getting and the slightly smaller size. It is also very tacky which is something I look for in a putter grip. I haven't put the red star on yet. I will be rocking the green star for the foreseeable future.

Jman;n8889450 said:
I’ll add to my above.

so contour pro profile in a sub 90cc frame? Yeah that sounds just about close to perfect. If you can, when you take photos can you please post a comparison to a contour pro you might have onhand? I'm seriously thinking of going with the green on my tuttle now.

Alez367;n8890478 said:
so contour pro profile in a sub 90cc frame? Yeah that sounds just about close to perfect. If you can, when you take photos can you please post a comparison to a contour pro you might have onhand? I'm seriously thinking of going with the green on my tuttle now.

I'd actually venture to call it the exact same shape as the Pro. I'll have pics soon, been battling some camera issues. I also do still have SNSR Contour and Contour Pro grips here to get some side by sides with.

Jman;n8892598 said:
I'd actually venture to call it the exact same shape as the Pro. I'll have pics soon, been battling some camera issues. I also do still have SNSR Contour and Contour Pro grips here to get some side by sides with.

Appreciate it sir

Haven’t forgotten about the picture side by side yet. I’ll get it this weekend.

Also going to shoot a video to go with the article which will compare some grips and shapes as well.

Ive definitely got an early favorite, but man it’s strange holding grips this size today after pretty much everything else out there is bigger.

Reactions: KEV
Jman;n8895499 said:
Haven’t forgotten about the picture side by side yet. I’ll get it this weekend.

Also going to shoot a video to go with the article which will compare some grips and shapes as well.

Ive definitely got an early favorite, but man it’s strange holding grips this size today after pretty much everything else out there is bigger.

But sub 90cc grip is so much easier (I feel) to control and feel your putting stroke.

Back