How often do you replace your putter grip?

How often do you replace your putter grip?

• Total voters

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Im sure that we all change the grips on the rest of our clubs at least once a season, some of us probably several times a season but how often do you change your putter grip? Ive bought quite a few older putters off of Ebay and its amazing what difference a new grip will make in making an old putter feel like new.

Funny because I have several new putter grips that I've purchased but afraid to re-grip thinking I may lose "the feel" of the club. I'm having enough problems with putting as is!

I have never replaced a putter grip, probably because it doesn't suffer the same swinging pressures and impacts that the other clubs in the bag go through....

I changed the grip on my new SC but that wasn't because the pistolero grip was stuffed. I simply wanted a different grip. I've played golf for over 20 years and have never changed a putter grip because it was worn.

never changed one as they never seem to wear

Those who played with me in THP events the last few years chuckled at how worn my putter grip was. It was a leather grip that was just hard and smooth. Recently changed putters however, so its new now. Had not been changed in close to 5 years.

Don't think I have ever changed one because I needed to because it was worn out. Have changed them numerous times on various putters due to just wanting to try a different grip.

I've only ever changed one putter grip and that is my current. I changed to to go to a Superstroke Fatso, not for wear. There really isn't an option for that in this pole so I would say never.

I never have but I've got a feeling it may be due...

photo3.jpg

I got my Vicino putter 3 winters ago. I played 2 full years with the same grip, and wouldn't have changed it except I wanted to try the SuperStroke everybody is trying. Played this entire year with it on, and besides needing a good cleaning, it's still in great shape. Can't imagine I'd ever be impressed if I had to replace one for wear.

I try to do it once a year. This year was easy as I played in a monsoon and the grip wouldn't dry out. Thus I replaced it.

I have never replaced mine on my 20 year old Ram Zebra. I am currently looking to replace the putter, so I will likely never do it. If I bought a used putter, that would probably be the first thing I did once I received it.

Every 1-2 years, depending on the grip. I used to use the Winn mid-size, which I replaced every year. I really liked the grip on the Scotty I now use, and I just replaced that one after 18 months but replaced it with the SuperStroke 2.0 grip.

I don't think I've ever worn out a grip. I've replaced them on newly acquired flatsticks and replaced them to get a different feel, putter length, or grip size.

I just never do, I like the look and feel of what I have.

I will stick with the Super stroke I have but may switch colors or switch out of it gets nicked in area that I dont find comfortable

I voted for once a year, but it's more like every 2 - 4 years.
Once the grip on my Odyssey putter gets worn and starts losing it's tackiness, I have it replaced. It's now on it's 3rd grip since I've had it.

I have one grip that I wore out, but it was just before I received a new putter. Other than that it's been a steady rotation of different flat sticks.

When I start to think that it feels different. That may sound odd. But that's how I roll

I voted never - while I still can.
Funny, but this week I was in golf shop trying to pick a new grip for my long-standing "dave curry" mallet. Did not yet pull trigger since I was sidetracked and began falling in love with all the Seemores, Bettinardis and, much to my amazement, a Bobby Grace with an incredible no-skip roll. Figured why change grip if it's about to take 2nd position :) we shall see.

I re-grip everything 2 times a year. I have used the same model putter grip for as long as I can remember.

I have only changed putter grips when I wanted to try something different.

I would say that I replace my putter grip once it is worn down to the point where it starts to feel slick. That's not on your list. ha ha ha So I chose never, as it's usually more than a year, but it's not honestly "Never."

I have only changed putter grips when I wanted to try something different.

same here i changed to an oversized win grip ..and love it i will never go back to a small putter grip

Up until this summer I had been using a Ping Anser since 2005, and only regripped last summer as the original had begun to wear out.

This summer I've purchased two Seemores. One has an oversized feeltec grip on it, and I put a SS 2.0 on the second. The only grip change I'm considering now is a possible size change with the SS.

Back