TaylorMade TP Patina Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I find it interesting that their traditional PN shape is more square and smaller in visuals than most (SOTO).

Kind of lost on what prices of insert putters are supposed to be anymore. Is 250 not high?

Canadan;n8874318 said:
I find it interesting that their traditional PN shape is more square and smaller in visuals than most (SOTO).

Kind of lost on what prices of insert putters are supposed to be anymore. Is 250 not high?

yeah a little bit of a bump from the price of the Tour Black Copper. I'm kind of stunned at what the price of insert putters have done. Spider line has been 299+ for the last couple of years. Odyssey has had some insert stuff up over that mark too, which is baffling. But I guess there is more tech in the inserts now than there were years ago.

I like that they came out with 7 models to start with, although I think they could have gone with another mallet shape to add to the Ardmore and kicked out one of those. I was one who loved the finish and the wear that the previous line got, so I am super curious to how these look after some time.

The Ardmore 3 was such a good putter for me. Really like the lineup and I'll definitely be giving these a try when they hit my local shop.

If the Ardmore 3 was 1/2 or even 3/4 offset I would seriously consider biting the price bullet to pick one up.

• Admin
ddec;n8874326 said:
yeah a little bit of a bump from the price of the Tour Black Copper. I'm kind of stunned at what the price of insert putters have done. Spider line has been 299+ for the last couple of years. Odyssey has had some insert stuff up over that mark too, which is baffling. But I guess there is more tech in the inserts now than there were years ago.

I like that they came out with 7 models to start with, although I think they could have gone with another mallet shape to add to the Ardmore and kicked out one of those. I was one who loved the finish and the wear that the previous line got, so I am super curious to how these look after some time.

What do you attribute the biggest part of the price change to be?

Having rolled the Del Monte already....it’s good, though I know the Double Wide fans will cry copycat on them for it. It’s a great shape so it’s no surprise someone else is starting to use it.

Not a fan of the price point, but, it is what it is.

Good article Dean

Canadan;n8874318 said:

Is it? Odyssey putters have been around $250 for a while now haven't they? I know Stroke lab is $250.

As far as these putters I like the look, the Ardmore 3 and the SOTO would probably work well for me depending on how that insert feels.

I like the look of the finish on these a lot. The Del Monte is the shape that catches my eye.

JB;n8874346 said:
What do you attribute the biggest part of the price change to be?

My guess would come to a combo of the finish, the screws in to the insert, and maybe the KBS CT Putter shaft too. In my mind, I am not sure that all completely adds up though if we are being honest.

ddec;n8874392 said:
My guess would come to a combo of the finish, the screws in to the insert, and maybe the KBS CT Putter shaft too. In my mind, I am not sure that all completely adds up though if we are being honest.

I really thought that they hit a price point that kept this line relevant, despite being "TP" and nobody on tour using it, outside of a few spots. Getting closer to that Spider cost is an interesting move, but I think that trend continues for them as they have crept higher in each category over the course of the year.

JB;n8874394 said:
I really thought that they hit a price point that kept this line relevant, despite being "TP" and nobody on tour using it, outside of a few spots. Getting closer to that Spider cost is an interesting move, but I think that trend continues for them as they have crept higher in each category over the course of the year.

wholeheartedly agree.

Sox_Fan;n8874390 said:
I like the look of the finish on these a lot. The Del Monte is the shape that catches my eye.

Am I the only one that sees "Del Monte" and immediately thinks of those cans of fruit cocktail? :thinking:

That Juno is screaming my name....

Jman;n8874353 said:
Having rolled the Del Monte already....it’s good, though I know the Double Wide fans will cry copycat on them for it. It’s a great shape so it’s no surprise someone else is starting to use it.

Not a fan of the price point, but, it is what it is.

Good article Dean

That Del Monte is exactly what caught my eye. Haven’t wanted to ever use a TM putter since the days of imola 8 model but the Del monte should attract a lot of new customers

Alez367;n8874450 said:
That Del Monte is exactly what caught my eye. Haven’t wanted to ever use a TM putter since the days of imola 8 model but the Del monte should attract a lot of new customers

It is really well done in hand, I'm not sure if its the finish that made it stand out so much to me or what, but I really liked it a lot at address.

Agree its a smart move for them to offer that shape!

Dupage? I've never seen that name but I dig the shape.

Jman;n8874497 said:
It is really well done in hand, I'm not sure if its the finish that made it stand out so much to me or what, but I really liked it a lot at address.

Agree its a smart move for them to offer that shape!

any photos you have or might have seen? I'm interested to see the top lines at address.

Alez367;n8874564 said:
any photos you have or might have seen? I'm interested to see the top lines at address.

Wasn't allowed to take any at the time, sorry!

Molten;n8874562 said:
Dupage? I've never seen that name but I dig the shape.

I kind of dig it too. I've been a fan of their aluminum insert for a while, so the talk about it being thicker and firmer has my attention.

Great article Dean. Very well written. I love the finish and there are so many great head options to choose from.

Scarnici;n8874591 said:
Great article Dean. Very well written. I love the finish and there are so many great head options to choose from.

I heart you and I know you will own one.

ddec;n8874593 said:
I heart you and I know you will own one.

Im sure I will

I love the look and like some others i like the DelMonte....I DO NOT like the price and thought it was funny the add tat was right below the pics....could be anyones wallet, could be labeled before purchase/after purchase

Attachments

• 10784687481117273151.png
    10784687481117273151.png
    67 KB · Views: 0
ddec;n8874575 said:
I kind of dig it too. I've been a fan of their aluminum insert for a while, so the talk about it being thicker and firmer has my attention.
It resembles a lot of what I currently play now. I like it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back