TaylorMade TP Patina Putters

I'm digging the Ardmore 3 putter!

golfinnut;n8874825 said:
I'm digging the Ardmore 3 putter!

thats the model I'm eyeing too

Im curious if the larger models will offer similar experiences to that of Spider?
What do you think is the biggest differentiator?

JB;n8874834 said:
Im curious if the larger models will offer similar experiences to that of Spider?
What do you think is the biggest differentiator?

Without going the MySpider way, I don't believe you can get the aluminum insert in the SpiderX. You could go Tour Black, which would probably even save you a few pennies. In the end I think options are good because even with the smaller Spider X out there, it's still not the best looking putter, even if you drop in the Spider Mini. If we compare to the Mini, I think the presence of some adjustable sole weighting could be appealing to some, but I will admit that number is probably in the low minority.

ddec;n8874841 said:
Without going the MySpider way, I don't believe you can get the aluminum insert in the SpiderX. You could go Tour Black, which would probably even save you a few pennies. In the end I think options are good because even with the smaller Spider X out there, it's still not the best looking putter, even if you drop in the Spider Mini. If we compare to the Mini, I think the presence of some adjustable sole weighting could be appealing to some, but I will admit that number is probably in the low minority.

I always wonder how many get a putter with adjustable weights and never adjust them, has got to be even lower than the already low number who do it with other adjustable clubs.

jdtox;n8874370 said:
Is it? Odyssey putters have been around $250 for a while now haven't they? I know Stroke lab is $250.

As far as these putters I like the look, the Ardmore 3 and the SOTO would probably work well for me depending on how that insert feels.

250 for stroke lab.
350 for exo.

It's kind of nutty.

ddec;n8874841 said:

Like you I’m a big fan of choices. I was just surprised they had some larger mallets as it could cut into the Spider ponders, but you are right, the construction is different enough to have both.

I'm getting a marxman vibe off the new DuPage model.....and I'm liking it.

Nice looking putters.

Like the addition of the Del Monte. Dupage is interesting too. Really like what Taylormade is putting out regarding finishes. I think it gives a guy an opportunity to have a custom or more unique looking putter at a lower price point.

The copper and now patina...the finishes that TM is coming up with is REALLY impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no business being interested right now, but I am. Not a big fan of the buttonback ripoff though

I think the Del Monte would be awesome with the Soto neck! That short slant neck is awesome.

Really nice looking line up!

im looking forward to trying one of the blade styles. I actually think TM has always mades some solid putters but doesnt quite get the love ( other than the Spider versions)

I haven't used my Swag putter and want to move it so hopefully one of these new TM's does the job! They look awesome too

Last edited:
The more I look at these the more I wonder if I'd go with the Ardmore 3 (which I've gamed before and loved) or with the Del Monte. The looks of that just inspire confidence. It's going to be high on the want list when these get released.

I've really been putting well and don't really want to mess with that, but the more I think about these the more I want to give them a go. Ardmore 3, Juno, Soto would be the ones I eye.

This is the first time I’ve been interested in a TM putter if I’m honest. I dig the idea of a putter with an abused finish.

So pga store by me had these out already. The entire lineup looks amazing in person... rolled the Del Mar and loved it!! Even tho I bought a Bettinardi queen bee #6 2 weeks ago, I left with the Del Monte!

Its more mental for me but I like having both a milled face and an insert face for options

Last edited:
jfrigo1003;n8892164 said:
So pga store by me had these out already. The entire lineup looks amazing in person... rolled the Del Mar and loved it!! Even tho I bought a Bettinardi queen bee #6 2 weeks ago, I left with the Del Mar!

Its more mental for me but I like having both a milled face and an insert face for options

were you able to test the feel vs the previous TP non-buttonback inserts?

aljaklaw;n8892205 said:
were you able to test the feel vs the previous TP non-buttonback inserts?

at one point last year I had the Juno, Mullen and Ardmore 3. Last years black copper collection had a softer feeling face in my opinion. Yesterday I tried the Juno, Soto, and Del Monte. To me this years version has a slightly firmer feel which I prefer over last years. The ball effortlessly rolls off the face and its such a good roll. I didn't try any of the bigger mallets but forgiveness seemed pretty good also.

For $250 I think the whole line should be a stronger contender all year. Cheaper than Evnroll, Scotty's, Bettinardi...but every bit as good. Everyone seems to think of the Spider putters when it comes to Taylormade, but last years and these patina putters are incredible

I'm digging the admore 3. I think it'd be a good candidate to test. I might have to pick a left handed one up and try it out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rolled these at Golf Galaxy yesterday and was impressed.

The Wide flange is KILLER in hand.

I’m a hardcore Anser type/milled guy, and own the oversized TM from 4-5 yrs ago as well. I wasn’t sure they were available lefty, but there they were at GolfTown, so I rolled 3 of them. The Juno was awful for me, I prefer firmer and even had trouble lining it up. Ardmore 2 was the surprise to me, I don’t generally get along with that shape, rolled and felt nice...but not quite ponder nice.

The Del monte looks great and probably only putter I would play if using Tm

3954ca182f3c5ac1046d2db091c4deec.jpg

3e46b1cf44bdcfeea50a68b2cfc640cc.jpg

0c34b1ae01fabbc4442092760bf487b5.jpg

d2439703f71a653c58ce314993f7bfa5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back