Mallet or Blade: Which do you prefer?

Campbell Toe

AKA Campbell Toe
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
For years I was always a blade guy. However, over the last year or so I have begun using a mallet and it just suits my eye so much better at this time. How about you?

So far Mallet hands down. I just seem to have much better distance control with a mallet. I am intrigued by the stroke lab double wide though, and do want to try one.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

I am a mallet kind of guy. I use the Taylormade Spider putter. Fits my eye really well. I have been using it for about a year. Looking at the Spider X.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I prefer a blade, but I putt better with a mallet most days.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

prefer blade. have to play a mallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mid mallet

Have always played blades but probably need to explore mallets again.

Mallet for sure. BTW, the #1 selling golf club of all time?

The Odyssey 2-Ball putter.

I’m a mallet guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mid mallet is my preference but I am playing a true mallet now. I doubt I will ever play a true blade.

Mid-blade. The blade suits my eyes better but I feel more comfortable with a heftier putter head.

Blades for me. I don't like looking down at mallets. I find them to be too big.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Mallet mallet, mallet mallet mallet. All day every day.

I would have said blade all day long less than a year ago. Now it's mallet.

I prefer the look of a blade and feel like I putt better with one. I should probably be using a basket though with my putting skill. If I could get a milled Rossie that would be perfection.

I'm a #1 guy. I want to game a mallet, but they just don't suit my eye.

I was a blade guy for years but Ive grown to love the aiming aids of a mallet.

Been playing a mallet for years now. I find that they are more stable for me. I tend to kind of turn my hands too much with a blade.

Played both a blade and a mallet but couldn't settle entirely with either - the #1W currently in my bag seems to suit me better

Mallet for me. Much better feel and I am way more consistent with a mallet over a blade.

Putt so well with a mallet, don't feel the need to try a blade for a very long time. Just find a shape I like and go with it. The 7 shape looks so good to my eyes too.

blade. I keep reading all the benefits of a mallet, but I just cant stroke them as consistently as a blade.

Mallet for me, just better contact and control

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I like putting with Anser style putters the best.

But unfortunately, every single time I've stuck with a putter like that for a year or so my putting gets worse. So always back to the mallets. Look and feel clunky, they tend to be kind of heavy feeling...and I putt better with them, both distance control and holing out the 3-4 footers.

Back