EVNROLL Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I used the Evnroll blade putter for about 3 weeks and really liked it. Initially, I thought it was really helping with my putting, but then I noticed that I wasn't sinking any long putts. I don't regularly sink a lot of them, but every once in a while, I'd drain a 20 - 30 foot putt. But it seemed like no matter what the situation, I couldn't get any to drop with the Evnroll. Close, but no cigar.

Short putts have never been a problem for me and these were falling as usual.

After 3 or 4 weeks I decided to go back to my Odyssey White Hot #1 and almost immediately I noticed longer putts going in. No difference on the short putts so I am still bagging the White Hot #1.

I'll give the Evnroll a try in the spring again to see if there is any changes with it. BTW, the Evnroll I have is the blade model similar to the White Hot #1.

I really like the shape/design of this one. Looks like a putter that I would game based on design alone.

I really want to try one of these. I'm just on the fence with buying something at the $300+ price point without being to try it out first. If it were sub-$200 I would have bought it already.

I need to see/read reviews from more members here before I can convince myself to pull the trigger.

They definitely have some quality looking putters, and I am partial to the ER5 the most. The ER6 is a bit much to look at for me but the other three are nice. The price tag puts me out of their market but I'd still love to give them some rolls to try out.

this putter is really impressive. The feel it gives off in the center is so soft. Easily up there with the softest that I have ever rolled from a milled putter. At first I did not like the 2 dot alignment aid on the top, but once I figured out what they were there for, it completely changed how I used the putter, not to mention my confidence in making putts went sky high.

this putter is really impressive. The feel it gives off in the center is so soft. Easily up there with the softest that I have ever rolled from a milled putter. At first I did not like the 2 dot alignment aid on the top, but once I figured out what they were there for, it completely changed how I used the putter, not to mention my confidence in making putts went sky high.

Haven't had nearly as much time with this putter, but have the exact same thoughts. At first the dots were confusing, then once I thought about how it worked, it really makes sense. The feel is different as you mention, if you closed your eyes you would think you missed putts that are hit dead center.

Haven't had nearly as much time with this putter, but have the exact same thoughts. At first the dots were confusing, then once I thought about how it worked, it really makes sense. The feel is different as you mention, if you closed your eyes you would think you missed putts that are hit dead center.

When O'Carroll and mpeterson rolled it the first time, they both said it would be something they would need to get used to. Because it almost feels too soft, like you describe. Part of too can be because it's not what we are programmed to believe coming from this type of putter.

I really want to try one of these. I'm just on the fence with buying something at the $300+ price point without being to try it out first. If it were sub-$200 I would have bought it already.

I need to see/read reviews from more members here before I can convince myself to pull the trigger.

I'm with you. Hard to shell out that kind of cash without testing first. I love the look of the ER1 & ER5

Great review Dean. Your description of how the putter feels through the stroke and the results you've seen from the face milling is intriguing. Hopefully, I can demo one soon.

When O'Carroll and mpeterson rolled it the first time, they both said it would be something they would need to get used to. Because it almost feels too soft, like you describe. Part of too can be because it's not what we are programmed to believe coming from this type of putter.

I really do think it is just a matter of getting used to it. Some people will roll it and not like the feel because it is different and move on, others will see the consistency for off center strikes and reap the benefits.

This entire lineup is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to those who took the time to give this a read.

Often times, when a putter feels too soft, I struggle with longer lag putts. Any issue with that?

Often times, when a putter feels too soft, I struggle with longer lag putts. Any issue with that?
It took a little to get used to. Nothing some putting green work didn't hammer out. I will say on long putts, I tend to line the ball out on one of the other dots, just because of how firm it feels.

I couldn't believe how heavy it was! It did feel really soft coming off the face, not sure I loved the two dots. (Funny enough I think as a group we were like 0 for 110 trying to make that 15 footer lol. Worth noting, pretty sure it was an impossible putt and not the fault of the flatstick.

It took a little to get used to. Nothing some putting green work didn't hammer out. I will say on long putts, I tend to line the ball out on one of the other dots, just because of how firm it feels.
Gotcha. I like that they counterbalance these putters at the length you typically play, no need to go longer. Makes sense.

I couldn't believe how heavy it was! It did feel really soft coming off the face, not sure I loved the two dots. (Funny enough I think as a group we were like 0 for 110 trying to make that 15 footer lol. Worth noting, pretty sure it was an impossible putt and not the fault of the flatstick.
Yeah we didn't exactly pick a good putt go try to make did we. But it was cool seeing a bunch of guys giving it a roll.

Gotcha. I like that they counterbalance these putters at the length you typically play, no need to go longer. Makes sense.
Me too. I'm not a fan of CB putters because I don't like the extra length. Just can't get comfortable with that type of setup. This is like a mild case of CB. Slightly heavier head, little weight in the grip section, and it just feels incredibly nice to roll.

Just finished my 2nd round with the ER2, started off well, got rocky, then this thing did really well for me. After making a 10' putt for par on the 1st hole, 3 putted 2 of the next 3 holes... then proceeded to have no more 3 putts and 7 more 1 putts. 30 putts with 2 3 putts is pretty good for me.

3 of the 1 putts were less than 3 feet, but 3-4 were 10' or more. Getting used to this and the dots do work (at least for me). Looking forward to getting it out again.

Sounds like you are getting comfortable with it. When you had the early three putts, what was your miss?

Sounds like you are getting comfortable with it. When you had the early three putts, what was your miss?

Long on the 1st putt. It was misting and I thought the greens would be slower than they really were, I adjusted after that and damn near dropped a 30'er for Birdie. Burned the edge on the come backers both times, but not enough obviously.

Surprised one of the guys I played with had heard of Evnroll as he asked to take a look at it. He was impressed with how good it looked, and when I parred out the last 5 holes he took notice.

Nice review DDEC!!

About a month ago I tested out all the EVNROLL putters at the PGA SS against my Piretti. The ER1 & ER6 didn't really do it for me. The ER5 felt much better and compared favorably to my Piretti but with a softer feel off the face, which I liked, and the dispersion was a touch better.

The real star of the line for me was the ER2. Maybe it's because of the similar profile to the Matera but it was better in every respect - balance, feel, dispersion and roll. I'm used to the weight as my Piretti has a 375 gm head and some counterbalance added to make up for the Salty grip's light weight. I could really see the slight toe or heel putts ending up closer to the hole with the ER2. As it was flat I didn't get to use the dots as you should, but they weren't a distraction at all. I even liked the feel of the grip, which is totally different than what I'm using now.

Unfortunately, they didn't have a 34" (I tested with a 33" just a bit shorter than what I like) or I would've bought one then and there. Later, I went online and EVNROLL were sold out as well! :disapointed: They are currently in stock but I have to wait a bit, financially, to buy one. I am REALLY looking forward to gaming the ER2 and can hopefully give an update on my experience with it by the end of the month.

Yeah we didn't exactly pick a good putt go try to make did we. But it was cool seeing a bunch of guys giving it a roll.

It was an excellent feeling putter. I was super impressed

Me too. I'm not a fan of CB putters because I don't like the extra length. Just can't get comfortable with that type of setup. This is like a mild case of CB. Slightly heavier head, little weight in the grip section, and it just feels incredibly nice to roll.

Yup- feels....... Smooth. Not sure what other word I could use

Back