EVNROLL Putter Review

That 10k MOI putter though ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time on the practice greens at my club this morning......and the results weren't awesome. I wasn't expecting to drop bombs from all over the place; it was, after all, my first time using the ER8. But, a couple early impressions.....

(1) the grip may be too big and/or the overall weight may be too heavy. I've been using a TP Mullen mostly, which is a 350g head, and has a SS Pistol GTR 1.0 (83g) on it. The ER8 is a 370g head (with a much larger footprint than the Mullen), and it has a 120g grip. It wasn't as free flowing to swing as I'd like; I felt like I was wrestling it a bit.

(2) It could be my imagination, but a lot of the putts I hit looked like they had draw spin on them. I know Rife's grooves are supposed to 'correct' mishits, and steer them back towards center. It's possible I was hitting them slightly to the toe side, but still down the intended target line. That, according to what he says his design does, would cause the ball to curve back a little to the left.....and ultimately miss left, in this case.

I'm going to take it on the course tomorrow and see how it goes. It's a beautiful putter, and I have no doubt that with proper time and practice, anyone could 'learn' how to putt correctly with it. But I'm an impatient SOB, and I don't want to change what I do naturally because the putter requires it.

The feel off the face is great. The look at address is great (again, just larger than what I'm used to). I may end up loving it. But if I'm 'drawing' putts off my line again tomorrow, it may not survive long enough to find out.

Very different on the course today. Putted well. Burned quite a few edges (the kind of putts that at least a few of them drop when you’re using an old familiar putter), and speed control was exceptional. The bigger grip and heavier weight seemed like an issue on the practice green, when I was rolling putt after putt. But only doing 1 or 2 (or 3, once) putts at a time, it was much less of a problem.

Second round with the ER8....similar to the first. Speed control is generally good. Not leaving any way short or blasting any way past. Uphill putts, short to medium distance, I leave a couple inches short.

It’s hard to describe — I don’t hit any awful putts with this thing, but so far (in an admittedly small sample size), I’m not making any great putts either. Lots of putts where the speed is almost perfect, but I miss a little wide. Not sure yet if it’s a bad read, or a bad stroke. And it still feels a little like I have to steer it rather than just making a natural putting stroke.

First 9 holes with the ER2 was very positive. Good speed control; his groove technology works. Had one 3-putt, but it was operator error. I was all the way on the back of the green, pin was at the front, and it was a two tiered, back to front sloping, lightning quick putt (our greens stimp between 11 and 12). I was scared of the speed and left my first putt above the ridge between tiers. Second putt was great speed but missed a little wide. Tap-in after that.

Every other hole, the putter was money from inside 6 feet. And with his consistent speed, lag putting is a dream.

I can't see the difference. Yesterday I rolled the ER5 and I've rolled the 6, 7 & 2 in the past in an attempt to see what this could do for me. 2" offline is still 2' offline, putts at the hole still go in regardless of which putter I'm using.

Have my eye on the new ER1.2. A traditional design with some really solid tech sounds very enticing.

Picked up an Evnroll ER 1 today, and re-gripped it with a superstroke mid 2.0 counter balance grip. Very excited to get this out on the course, but very much enjoyed hitting it in the store.

I wanted an Evnroll for awhile now and I'm a proud owner of one finally! Played one round so far. 31 putts. No 3 putt. Feels amazing, good roll on most, off center hits still got near the hole, felt confident over the ball, a few great par save putts and a birdie!
Can't wait to play more with it this weekend.

Last edited:
4 birds and plenty of par saves my 2 only rounds with the ER2. Love this putter!

Anyone know when the new ones hit stores?

DUUqzl9WAAAj9x3.jpg

Im gonna need some information on this bad boy.....

Screw the putter I just want the divot tool

Sent from HTX

4 birds and plenty of par saves my 2 only rounds with the ER2. Love this putter!

I'm really happy with my ER2 as well. Early on I wasn't really making any medium/long length putts, but the speed control was great and I didn't have any "bad" misses either. Now I'm dropping the occasional medium/long putt, and still not missing anything too badly. It's a 2-putt machine, and sometimes better.

I'm really happy with my ER2 as well. Early on I wasn't really making any medium/long length putts, but the speed control was great and I didn't have any "bad" misses either. Now I'm dropping the occasional medium/long putt, and still not missing anything too badly. It's a 2-putt machine, and sometimes better.

I three putted once and that was the last hole at my local course. 40 footer (bad approach shot), super uphill and crazy undulation. Otherwise, yeah 2 putt machine for sure. I left a couple of putts short but that was me more than anything. It rained here on Friday and the greens were rolling rather slow.

ER6 inbound. Hopefully this goes well. I was able to test the 5, but like the shape of the 6 better.

This putter is amazing!
ER6 is the truth! Wow!

I kind of want this....

er1.2-2.jpg

I kind of want this....

er1.2-2.jpg
I was on the fence about the line and the tech until I got mine and it literally blew me away! Not just me, I brought it to work and after about an hour two guys at my job went to the store and tested out some other Evnroll options. One of them ourchaee yesterday and the other today.

I kind of want that as well!

I feel like a man of your stature should be able to find us a deal

I feel like a man of your stature should be able to find us a deal

Right now my best chance is to roll the dice with an Instagram contest haha been on this year!

Right now my best chance is to roll the dice with an Instagram contest haha been on this year!

that's a fact. Almost ready to call you IceyPringles

that's a fact. Almost ready to call you IceyPringles

Honestly though I have been a big fan of these putters ever since they were first released. Never got along with their initial face balanced putters and I am excited to try the crank hosel.

Honestly though I have been a big fan of these putters ever since they were first realized. Never got along with their initial face balanced putters and I am excited to try the crank hosel.

I enjoyed the ER2, but craved for something with a different neck to it. ER8 looks like a shape I'd enjoy, but again same neck.

I enjoyed the ER2, but craved for something with a different neck to it. ER8 looks like a shape I'd enjoy, but again same neck.

Any news when these will hit stores?

Any news when these will hit stores?

I have nothing on that front. But perhaps JB can reach out because they have that crazy high moi version too that was supposed to hit this spring

Back