Evnroll VS. Directed Force

pzajic

Reaction score
Handicap
So I've played the same original Ping Craz-E mallet for over 10 years. Finally time for a change. I've been doing some extensive reading on data based reviews on lots of different putters. Evnroll and Directed Force seems to get some of the most positive comments and verifiable data. I love the art of putter creation and the craftsmanship behind it however I want to pick up something that has some serious performance, data, and science behind it so that my practice and training can be better analyzed (i.e. I don't want the potential poor design of the putter to be a limiting factor).

So lets hear it. Who's used, played, and analyzed Evnroll and Directed Force putters? Anyone used both?

Website links below:
https://evnroll.com/
http://www.directedforce.com/Default.asp

There's all kinds of official articles out there as well that have put out data based reviews. Rick Shiels has also put out a video through his YouTube channel.

Great thread and looking forward to responses. There doesn't seem to be much info on this considering the technological claims. Sounds like it could really help your putting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both here.
Very very different putters in both shape, weight and technology.

They are both good at what they want them to do, just as a SeeMore is with RST, a Cure is with high MOI, etc.

One question that I haven't looked into yet is whether or not these putters are sold in stores? If so which?

I played my first round with my Directed Force putter today. For such a large head it is actually quite light. Putting is not normally my strength. I'm usually good for at least 4 three putts. I had trouble the first few holes due to the weight and not hitting the ball hard enough. I was happy with how it felt off the face with a variety of balls ranging from 5 piece balls to 2 piece balls. Even with the early struggles i still managed to go the entire round with zero 3 putts. The majority of my second putts were basically tap ins. I had the line on the majority of my putts but just wasn't hitting them hard enough. I'm honestly not sure if that was due to the head being so light or just being gun shy because the greens were frozen and were basically like putting on a pool table. I honestly feel with a few more rounds with this putter my total putts per round will drop significantly. I've already said to myself that I will keep this in the bag for the upcoming season (get my money worth) and give it a thorough test. I feel very comfortable standing over the ball and I can't say that with all the putters that I have tried in the past.

I haven't seen or used a Direct Force putter, but I have rolled the evnroll ER2 and ER5. The ER2 I REALLY like. Infact I'm probably going to pick one up very soon. The ER5 rolls really well, but I had a hard time with the way it sounded at impact. It has a very distinct pingy sound at impact. PGA SS carries the evnroll putters.

So lets hear it. Who's used, played, and analyzed Evnroll and Directed Force putters? Anyone used both?

I've rolled both and I'll put this out there for you,

If your miss is more speed related go with the Evnroll
If your miss is being all over the face, go with a Cure RX
If your miss is alignment to the line go with Odyssey 2 ball
If your miss is having a square face to the target go with Seemore
If your miss is not closing the face go with a TayloreMade Spider Black

If your miss is not looking dorky enough on the greens go with the Direct Force

I've rolled both and I'll put this out there for you,

If your miss is more speed related go with the Evnroll
If your miss is being all over the face, go with a Cure RX
If your miss is alignment to the line go with Odyssey 2 ball
If your miss is having a square face to the target go with Seemore
If your miss is not closing the face go with a TayloreMade Spider Black

If your miss is not looking dorky enough on the greens go with the Direct Force

I'll go with dorky and make putts!

Think putting more than any part of the game is about feel. Some people can putt with about anything and others can't putt well with anything. I think amount of toe hang, weight and feel off the face are most important. I have trouble with distance control with a heavy putter others don't. All the putter can do is make it easier to start on the correct line and maybe distance control. If you read the green correctly, start on the correct line, then get the correct speed you should be close. For me it's mostly about feel.

So this is the Putter I tried yesterday (the Direct Force) since there is already a thread for it no need to start another. I was very impressed with the results I saw and yes it is an odd looking Putter for sure. The results in a 30 minute session were very impressive for me, how it would translate to the Course is another thing and when I go back to pick up my Driver I will test it outside on the Putting green. It was just too nasty out yesterday to do it.

Missing short Putts has been an issue for me lately, mostly do to bad reads and just not keeping the Putter online during the stroke, putting heavier weights in my Scotty seemed to help today but it was stupid cold for Florida a tough day all around so I am not using today as real good test.

Isn't the directed force "lie angle balanced" the same thing as SeeMore's face balanced at impact?

No idea about the two different putters and I was not looking to even consider a Putter, the Pro just started chatting with me and asked if i had some time to check it out. It was very cool to see the tech and how it reacted, it would not surprise me if this has been done before and I would think it will help some and not make any difference to others.

For $325 it would have to show me something on a regular green and have a serious difference in overall putting to put it in the bag, but I never say never anymore with new ideas.

No idea about the two different putters and I was not looking to even consider a Putter, the Pro just started chatting with me and asked if i had some time to check it out. It was very cool to see the tech and how it reacted, it would not surprise me if this has been done before and I would think it will help some and not make any difference to others.

For $325 it would have to show me something on a regular green and have a serious difference in overall putting to put it in the bag, but I never say never anymore with new ideas.

I am sure you can find a used face balanced SeeMore for $50 - $75 that has the same "lie angle balanced" properties.

I know nothing about Seemore's what model would that be? looking on their website it does not list any as lie balanced

In my opinion you need to find the putter that is right for you and not base is on how someone else putts,marketing materials, or website reviews. The best way to find out what putter is best for you is to see what putter you can consistently start on your intended line for every length stroke. If you can't do that, you will struggle with green reading and distance control. If you know the needs of your stroke you can pick a putter based on its design characteristics. If you want to change your stroke to fit the putter then go with whichever you like based on looks and price.

Isn't the directed force "lie angle balanced" the same thing as SeeMore's face balanced at impact?

In the video he doesn't use a Seemore but uses a putter that is"face balanced". Also explain the difference between Lie Angle Balanced and Face Balanced.

I know I am feeling pretty desperate right now on the greens, but this Putter really worked well for me on his indoor mat.

It was just so easy to stroke thru the ball. After I made a lot of putts with it I went out and got my Scotty and could not make near as many in a row from the same spot or moving to different angles (not much only a couple of feet) but I was trying to be sure there was not a groove worn into the fake grass. Not to imply there was one there on purpose, but after enough Putts I would think it would get a memory type of thing. Just seemed a lot easier to mindlessly roll the ball at the hole, the green was fairly quick and it did seem the Putter was quite light, that is why I want to try it outdoors on real grass no matter what speed that green is.

In the video he doesn't use a Seemore but uses a putter that is"face balanced". Also explain the difference between Lie Angle Balanced and Face Balanced.

Face balanced at impact and face balance are two different things. From what I can tell Directed Force's "lie angle balanced" = SeeMore's "face balance at impact".

I know I am feeling pretty desperate right now on the greens, but this Putter really worked well for me on his indoor mat.

It was just so easy to stroke thru the ball. After I made a lot of putts with it I went out and got my Scotty and could not make near as many in a row from the same spot or moving to different angles (not much only a couple of feet) but I was trying to be sure there was not a groove worn into the fake grass. Not to imply there was one there on purpose, but after enough Putts I would think it would get a memory type of thing. Just seemed a lot easier to mindlessly roll the ball at the hole, the green was fairly quick and it did seem the Putter was quite light, that is why I want to try it outdoors on real grass no matter what speed that green is.

there's someone else around here who sings the praises of direct force putters. i think it's greg19 but i'm not 100% sure.

if you found something that works, that's all that matters. personally i could never make seemore work for me even working with an spi instructor. i'm not sure how and whether these putters relate to seemore though.

howzat- can you expand on why these putters are the same balance principle as seemore?

there's someone else around here who sings the praises of direct force putters. i think it's greg19 but i'm not 100% sure.

if you found something that works, that's all that matters. personally i could never make seemore work for me even working with an spi instructor. i'm not sure how and whether these putters relate to seemore though.

howzat- can you expand on why these putters are the same balance principle as seemore?

While they are not exactly the same, both seem to incorporate technology that makes it so the putter is balanced so that, without any human manipulation, the face will be square to the intended target line at impact. Basically when they are held at 70* the face is in the correct position by design as both videos posted in the thread show.

I'll have mine with me at the Kickoff Classic and will let you roll some with it. I've only played 1 round with mine but the results seemed promising. I just need to work on distance control with longer putts. The head is light so you need to give it a little more oomph than you think you need to given its size.

While they are not exactly the same, both seem to incorporate technology that makes it so the putter is balanced so that, without any human manipulation, the face will be square to the intended target line at impact. Basically when they are held at 70* the face is in the correct position by design as both videos posted in the thread show.

got it, thanks

The fun thing is I have tried several Seemore putters and hated all of them, now maybe it was not the balanced Model and it was just one of those things they did not roll the ball good for me. I know folks here have racks of them and must love them so each to their own flavor.

Heck I may get this one on a real green and hate it, you just never know. But I can assure you it will be tried.

Back