Wilson C300 and C300 Forged Irons

Came close a couple of times with the P, today was the day. Pin at front of green, one hop and into the hole. Par 3 at my home course.
c4a5b3c5a95cdaae2cea0c714c2e427a.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn COL-L29 met Tapatalk

Congrats on the Ace! We have a thread for those somewhere around here. Post it up and brag a bit, it’s well earned

Love this picture. These irons are so darn good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely flushing these. I can't believe how smooth they are. Coming off of using MP5, you'd think the bigger head would be a bit of an eye-sore, but if anything it's done so much for my confidence.

Since I received my C300 Forged last fall, I've had the opportunity to play them in soggy conditions as well as drier/normal conditions and I've been extremely pleased with their performance.

Today we've started our first extended stint of upper 90's which means that I will, unfortunately, be able to start testing in hardpan soon.

Whoa.
8efd03b5cf5a5b6d624b83cd978eaa73.jpg

Interesting they are called Gunmetal Finish irons....and then the finish is a Black PVD finish.

I am still a W/S homer (will actually have my C300 Forged in the bag for this afternoon's round), but to call these gunmetal when it's a PVD finish isn't being completely straight. I was ready to jump on these if they were truly gunmetal or DBM. History of wear with black PVD on the Ci11 and C200 wasn't very good, unfortunately, though I thought the Ci11 finish handled wear a little better than the C200.

Played my first round with my newly built C300 Forged in Accra 90i shafts. Moving from CF16 Apex I will say, I've lost at least a clubs length in iron number alone. Lofts are 2 degs stronger in the Apex and I THINK the Accra's, though lighter, feelfirmer than my Recoil 110s. But I will say this, I LOVE them. I cut a drive too far right on a dogleg left leaving me 189 uphill, playing 200. I striped a 4 iron (I haven't bagged a 4 iron in years) with 5' of roll out to land about 2 yards from the pin. I am impressed.

Hi I'm new here but wanted to get your opinion if the C300 Forged would be playable by a 16 hcp guy on his way downwards (played some last fall but didn't get green card until spring this year so i played myself down from 54 to 16 without any lessons during this summer so far). I just love the look of the C300 Forged and im not really that fond of the looks of the D300 (bought them since i was totally new and needed all the help i could get) and I would like a set of forged irons that I love to look at and can game down to single hcp in the coming years.

I have gamed the D300 from start that i bought of the shelf online. How much of a difference in distance would it be between the D300 and the C300 Forged if compared loft to loft and not iron to iron you think? (So for example the D300 8 iron vs the 7 iron of the C300 Forged, both being around 33 degrees). Question is cause im not that far of a hitter (5 iron goes 200 yards total with a SGI, most likely because of sub par technique still), also how much forgiveness is there on low face shots since thats my usual mishit since im more of a sweeper (could also be bacause of the super fat sole on the D300).

Also a last question, I know there is a length difference between the C300 and the C300 Forged because of the different lofts but how big of a forgiveness difference is it between them?

Last edited:
Figgeduni;n8873888 said:
Hi I'm new here but wanted to get your opinion if the C300 Forged would be playable by a 16 hcp guy on his way downwards (played some last fall but didn't get green card until spring this year so i played myself down from 54 to 16 without any lessons during this summer so far).

I have gamed the D300 from start that i bought of the shelf online. How much of a difference in distance would it be between the D300 and the C300 Forged if compared loft to loft and not iron to iron you think? (So for example the D300 8 iron vs the 7 iron of the C300 Forged, both being around 33 degrees). Question is cause im not that far of a hitter (5 iron goes 200 yards total with a SGI, most likely because of sub par technique), also how much forgiveness is there on low face shots since thats my usual mishit since im more of a sweeper.

I think so. Distance will be a little shorter, but that is dependent on ball flight.

JB;n8873894 said:
I think so. Distance will be a little shorter, but that is dependent on ball flight.

Thanks for the answer, also a second question - Do you have any idea how often Wilson upgrade their different sets of Irons, wondering since I don't wanna go and try out these and maybe buy them at the end of this season if they are to release an updated version next year.

Figgeduni;n8875117 said:
Thanks for the answer, also a second question - Do you have any idea how often Wilson upgrade their different sets of Irons, wondering since I don't wanna go and try out these and maybe buy them at the end of this season if they are to release an updated version next year.

Every two years. Budget Golf had these in stock and I think you can use the THP discount code.

Figgeduni;n8873888 said:
Hi I'm new here but wanted to get your opinion if the C300 Forged would be playable by a 16 hcp guy on his way downwards (played some last fall but didn't get green card until spring this year so i played myself down from 54 to 16 without any lessons during this summer so far). I just love the look of the C300 Forged and im not really that fond of the looks of the D300 (bought them since i was totally new and needed all the help i could get) and I would like a set of forged irons that I love to look at and can game down to single hcp in the coming years.

I have gamed the D300 from start that i bought of the shelf online. How much of a difference in distance would it be between the D300 and the C300 Forged if compared loft to loft and not iron to iron you think? (So for example the D300 8 iron vs the 7 iron of the C300 Forged, both being around 33 degrees). Question is cause im not that far of a hitter (5 iron goes 200 yards total with a SGI, most likely because of sub par technique still), also how much forgiveness is there on low face shots since thats my usual mishit since im more of a sweeper (could also be bacause of the super fat sole on the D300).

Also a last question, I know there is a length difference between the C300 and the C300 Forged because of the different lofts but how big of a forgiveness difference is it between them?

If you are hitting your 5 iron 200 yards, you will have no problem playing the C300. Maybe you get 190 out of a 5 iron after the switch (which is about 15 yards further than I get from my 5 iron).

I played the C300 for a good chunk of time and really liked them. I began playing them when I was about a 15-16 hdcp. Prior to that I played the regular C300. I did a review/comparison of the two sets here: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...0-and-c300-forged-irons?p=7993307#post7993307

JB;n8875125 said:
Every two years. Budget Golf had these in stock and I think you can use the THP discount code.

So if my math is correct there should be an updated set of the C300 next year since they launched early 2018?

campilobaxter;n8875127 said:
If you are hitting your 5 iron 200 yards, you will have no problem playing the C300. Maybe you get 190 out of a 5 iron after the switch (which is about 15 yards further than I get from my 5 iron).

I played the C300 for a good chunk of time and really liked them. I began playing them when I was about a 15-16 hdcp. Prior to that I played the regular C300. I did a review/comparison of the two sets here: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...0-and-c300-forged-irons?p=7993307#post7993307

Thanks alot, will take a read!

Figgeduni;n8875143 said:
So if my math is correct there should be an updated set of the C300 next year since they launched early 2018?

Thanks alot, will take a read!

If I was a betting man, I would say that is accurate.

for those that have either set of cast or forged, can you post the measured swing weight average of your set. They are supposed to be D2's but a post by MACH on about page 20 makes me think they may all be off. In Feb, I bought PMP wedges and they were all well under stated swing weight. I believe the problem is the clubs were designed for 50g grips then some-one put 61 gram grips on them which reduces SW 3 points. I would not be surprised if the C300's are the same deal as they appear to have a mid-size Lampkin grip on them which is roughly 63g. This would make the post by MACH right on and not a random mfg mistake.

appreciate anyone with a sw scale posting. Even if you have re-gripped knowing your grip and measured SW I can estimate what they would be with the mid-size lampkins.

Figgeduni;n8873888 said:

Hmm, I wrote a reply previously and it's not here. Hopefully, this makes it past the work firewall this time.

I gamed the C100's and I was gaming the C200's until I received my C300 Forged. I'm a higher cap than you are (short game demons) and I have absolutely no issues gaming my C300 Forged.

I've only demoed the D300 and the C300 so I can't definitively speak to the differences in forgiveness low on the face compared to the C300 Forged. However, as a sweeper, I have never felt that I was unduly punished by the C300 Forged on any mishits.

I think that you will really enjoy the C300 Forged. They are a great looking, very easy to hit (IMHO) set of irons that you will enjoy gaming for a long time.

DufferToo;n8885473 said:
Hmm, I wrote a reply previously and it's not here. Hopefully, this makes it past the work firewall this time.

I gamed the C100's and I was gaming the C200's until I received my C300 Forged. I'm a higher cap than you are (short game demons) and I have absolutely no issues gaming my C300 Forged.

I've only demoed the D300 and the C300 so I can't definitively speak to the differences in forgiveness low on the face compared to the C300 Forged. However, as a sweeper, I have never felt that I was unduly punished by the C300 Forged on any mishits.

I think that you will really enjoy the C300 Forged. They are a great looking, very easy to hit (IMHO) set of irons that you will enjoy gaming for a long time.

Thanks for the answer, I have decided to wait until next year since I have heard from one of the bigger golf companies in our country that there will be new versions of the C300 and C300 Forged next year (hence why they are having them on sale now), and also since the golf season is almost over here.

For those trying to get in on some of these clubs on clearance. I ordered C300 cast in the same Kbs90 stiff shaft as my c200's. I'm thrilled to report the swing weights on the set came in as specified by Wilson at a D2. The only exception was the GW at D1. I have 5 sets of Wilson clubs in my house and this is by far the most to spec of any set yet. Not sure I love the grip but at least it looks nice on this club and appears bigger then a standard grip. Off to the range in about 1 hour for head to head comparison with the c200 which I am hitting great.

Hit them well steve! FWIW, I loved the grips.

Enjoy your new sticks! Interested in hearing your thoughts.

Which grip did you go with? I have the mid sized Lamkin's on my C300 Forged and love them.

DufferToo;n8900121 said:
Enjoy your new sticks! Interested in hearing your thoughts.

Which grip did you go with? I have the mid sized Lamkin's on my C300 Forged and love them.

I have the standard grip which Wilson calls the Crossline 2. It appears it might be a mid-size but unclear because I can't find any reference on the internet to Crossline 2. Does anyone know what the crossline 2 grip is? I see crossline mid-size grips on the net but not sure if it is or is not equivalent to the c300 stock. Will make a difference to me when I go to regrip to maintain proper club balance. Thanks

Acesteve;n8901011 said:
I have the standard grip which Wilson calls the Crossline 2. It appears it might be a mid-size but unclear because I can't find any reference on the internet to Crossline 2. Does anyone know what the crossline 2 grip is? I see crossline mid-size grips on the net but not sure if it is or is not equivalent to the c300 stock. Will make a difference to me when I go to regrip to maintain proper club balance. Thanks

When I ordered my C300 Forged from W/S I could have sworn that their website showed both the Crossline (standard) and the Crossline 2 (in both standard and mid-sized). I will take a look at my irons tonight and see if there's anything on the grip.

Back