Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JonD View Post
    Added a 48S to the bag to replace my set GW and it's going pretty well so far. My standard wedge swing is coming in at about 115-120 and I can take some off of it to hit a lower shot, etc. Only thing I need to get used to is more check coming in.
    I've done the same thing. I was going through a phase where I was changing irons more than I should have, but finally settled on the Apex Cf19's; however, a couple years ago I felt that it was better to play a custom GW and SW instead of buying the ones that came with the irons. So in addition to the PW included with the set, I have a 48S and 54S that are absolutely my favorite clubs in my bag.

Comment

• this wedge is currently sitting on the sidelines for me. i liked it, but i just think i made some mistakes when choosing the setup. wrong swing weight, wrong bounce configuration, and wrong shaft. with a proper fitting, i know this could be excellent for me.
      awesomeness
      perfection
      innovation
      excellence
      brilliance
      pioneering
      leading
      redefining

Humbled, honored, and beaming with excitement to be the Captain (what, CAPTAIN???) of Team THP in the 2019 Grandaddy with

Comment

• Originally posted by McLovin View Post
        this wedge is currently sitting on the sidelines for me. i liked it, but i just think i made some mistakes when choosing the setup. wrong swing weight, wrong bounce configuration, and wrong shaft. with a proper fitting, i know this could be excellent for me.
        These are Jeckyl and Hyde for me if I've got the right/wrong grind. Love, love, love the S Grind but cannot get along with the club in something like the X grind, or the W grind on anything less than a full or mostly full swing.

But man, do I love the setup I have.
        Proud member of Team THP in the 2018 Granddaddy with

Driver: Epic Flash With Custom HZRDUS Smoke
        Fairway: Epic Flash with Tensei Blue 75
        Hybrids: '19 Apex 3h and 4h with Catalyst 70
        Irons: Apex Forged 5-PW w/ Elevate 95
        Wedges: MD4 48-54-58 w/ Modus 105
        Putter: Stroke Lab Three
        Ball: Chrome Soft X

Thanks to PX and THP for an incredible Handcrafted Experience!

Comment

• Originally posted by mpeterson View Post
          These are Jeckyl and Hyde for me if I've got the right/wrong grind. Love, love, love the S Grind but cannot get along with the club in something like the X grind, or the W grind on anything less than a full or mostly full swing.

i am so looking forward to feeling the same way!
          awesomeness
          perfection
          innovation
          excellence
          brilliance
          pioneering
          leading
          redefining

Humbled, honored, and beaming with excitement to be the Captain (what, CAPTAIN???) of Team THP in the 2019 Grandaddy with

Comment

• Originally posted by mpeterson View Post

I found the X grind to work well on my LW. It Is nice to have a lower bounce option on shots where you need to pick something clean though.
            WITB:
            Epic Flash 9.5˚
            Epic Flash 3W
            Rogue 3H, 4H
            Apex CF19 5-PW

MD4 48S/54S
            PM Grind 58˚
            Toulon SL Las Vegas

Grandaddy Alumni Team PRESTIGE 2017

Comment

• I liked the picture from our club lab

In my 2018 #TheGrandaddy THP Event Bag

Driver:
              Epic Flash w/ Helium Shaft 45"
              Driver 2: XXIO Prime w/
              Custom THP HZRDUS Shaft 43.5"
              Fairway Wood:
              JGR
              Hybrids:
              Launcher HB
              Irons: Apex 19 w/ Recoil Proto 95
              Wedges:
              CBX 50* and RTX-4 56* & 60* PM Grind 19
              Putter:
              #7S
              Balls:
              Chrome Soft X

Comment

• That black finish with the red looks so good. I'm neurotic about wear with the black finish so went chrome, but man that looks good.
                Proud member of Team THP in the 2018 Granddaddy with

Driver: Epic Flash With Custom HZRDUS Smoke
                Fairway: Epic Flash with Tensei Blue 75
                Hybrids: '19 Apex 3h and 4h with Catalyst 70
                Irons: Apex Forged 5-PW w/ Elevate 95
                Wedges: MD4 48-54-58 w/ Modus 105
                Putter: Stroke Lab Three
                Ball: Chrome Soft X

Thanks to PX and THP for an incredible Handcrafted Experience!

Comment

• I am a steep player, interested to see how these various grinds workout for me come December. To be continued.....
                  2019 Grandaddy Member
                  Gamers
                  :
                  z545 9.5 Driver - Attas Cool 7X
                  F65 3w 15 deg - Mizu 6X
                  King Utility Black - AMT white x100
                  z545 4-PW - DG x100
                  CBX 48, CBX 54, RTX 2.0 60 - DG x100
                  Spider Limited Putter - Game
                  Sigma 2 Arna - Under Review
                  Four 5 14-way Bag
                  Tri-Swivel II Cart
                  Snell MTB Black

Under Review/Tinker:
                  Sigma 2 Arna - THP Review
                  910H 19 deg - Aldia NV green - Tinker
                  FlexTech Lifestyle Bag 5 way - THP Review

Comment

• Just bought my third MD4.

Have had a 58X and a 64S in my bag for a year or so and decided to get a 54W to replace a G410 SW. I really liked the SW too but think that the 54W will be an improvement given what I use this club for - pretty much all shots from 80-30y in unless thereís a hazard of some sort just in front of the pin.

I donít anticipate using the 54W for anything other than square-face shots, if I do itíll be a 5* open at most I suspect. Hence why I went for the W, Iím relatively steep on pitches and longer chips so the extra width on the sole should be of benefit especially when itís soft.

Looking forward to receiving it.
                    Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Regular Alta CB 44.5Ē
                    TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver 13.5 Regular Diamana F Ltd
                    Titleist 818 H1 18 and 23 Hybrids Regular Tensei Blue
                    Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
                    Ping G410 SW Regular Alta
                    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X and 64 S
                    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3
                    Bettinardi BB39
                    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line
                    Odyssey Exo 7s
                    Cleveland Huntington Beach #10
                    JuCad X300

Comment

• Originally posted by McLovin View Post
                      iím going to put my 54 w grind in timeout for a bit. but i want to be clear that itís all my fault.

i did some short game practice yesterday at a different area than i normally go. itís less grainy and better maintained, which made for much better testing conditions.

i took my 54w, my 58 pm 19, and my 56 i received in last yearís morgan cup. all 3 have mcc+4 grips. the callaway clubs are both d4 swingweight. the md4 has kbs hi rev 2.0 (125g i think), and the pm19 has stock kbs hi rev 2.0 (115g i think). the 56 has dg s200, and i would peg sw around d1-d2 but i donít know for sure (setup is stock, and per website the sw on stock is d5 but with the heavier mcc+4 grip i think itís lower).

my struggle with both clubs has been very inconsistent bottom of the arc. some completely duffed chunks, some blades. then some perfectly pure shots. and itís been frustrating.

i went with the w grind in the 54 because several years ago i was fit into that grind, and i loved it. but now, itís been a struggle. it doesnít feel right through impact on chips and pitches. the turf interaction feels harsh rather than effortless. bounce is 12*.

my 56 from last year has a grind that is billed as a thinner sole with higher bounce for all conditions, ideally for a player with a medium to shallow aoa. 12* of bounce.

and yesterday i saw the same. very inconsistent bottom of the arc, and less than ideal turf interaction with md4. i switched the md4 out and 56 in, and saw an immediate improvement. pretty much whatever shot i wanted to hit, i could.

i did this throughout the course of an hour, and the results pretty much stayed the same the whole time. great shots with the 56, inconsistency with the 54.

so for now iím going to sub the 56 back in, and put the 54 on the sidelines. going into the grandaddy, iím going to be conscious of the sole width. i seem to prefer a medium to narrow sole, but still with plenty of bounce. maybe s grind or x grind. i am really looking forward to the guys at ecpc finding the perfect setup for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Sounds like too much arm and wrist action to me.
                      Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Regular Alta CB 44.5Ē
                      TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver 13.5 Regular Diamana F Ltd
                      Titleist 818 H1 18 and 23 Hybrids Regular Tensei Blue
                      Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
                      Ping G410 SW Regular Alta
                      Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X and 64 S
                      Bettinardi Studio Stock #3
                      Bettinardi BB39
                      Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line
                      Odyssey Exo 7s
                      Cleveland Huntington Beach #10
                      JuCad X300

Comment

• Chipping and wedge game was on today. Chip-In birdie was nice. Bunker game solid besides one stupid wet bunker.

Overall it saved my bacon today. Can almost get 100 yards out of my 58* when a year ago it was my 75-80 yard club. Good boost.
                        In my Alpha Convoy 514 RTC Bag
                        Rogue 9.5*
                        Rogue 2H 17* 3H 19* 4H 21*
                        Apex CF19 (5-AW)

MD4 54* & 58* S-Grind
                        Z-Star ProV1
                        Atlanta H4

Comment

• I've gotten along so well with these wedges the past two seasons. I played in my annual tournament with my HS buddies last weekend. And though I didn't play that well overall, I had the two shots of the weekend.

The first shot was on hole 1 (of 54). I pushed my tee shot right into a fairway bunker. I hit PW out to the left, leaving me 93 to the flag. I hit a full swing LW that stopped 18 inches from the cup. That hole was actually surrounded by the resort buildings, so we had about 20 onlookers, and I got a bunch of cheers. Good feeling with the tap in par.

The second shot was on day 2, hole 10. I hit 3W off the tee that actually went farther than I wanted, down the ridge, leaving me an 87 yard shot above the hole with a fairly steep downhill lie. Pin was protected by a bunker, but there was plenty of green to work with. This time, with my tactical LW, I nearly holed out. Ball landed 3-4 feet in front of the pin, and just rolled off to the right, leaving me 6 inches for birdie.
                          Sun Mountain C-130 or 4.5 Bag:

Epic Flash Driver
                          EX 10 Beta 3 Wood
                          Epic Flash Heavenwood
                          G410 4, 5 Hybrids
                          Z 585 6ĖAW Irons
                          Mack Daddy 4 54į, 60į Wedges
                          SWAG Handsome One Undressed Putter

Chrome Soft Truvis Stars & Stripes | Q-Star Tour Balls

Comment

• The MD4 48˚ initiative has gone from beta to production. It's almost certainly me but I'm seeing more consistent distances & better distance control on partial shots than with my set GW. Also starting to prefer it around the green for lower shots.
                            WITB:
                            Epic Flash 9.5˚
                            Epic Flash 3W
                            Rogue 3H, 4H
                            Apex CF19 5-PW

MD4 48S/54S
                            PM Grind 58˚
                            Toulon SL Las Vegas

Comment

• Added a 60 x grind and really like what I'm seeing, a great addition to the set and a nice gap between the epic SW and Sure out 2 64*
                              Under custom EPIC 13.5*/MASTERS Themed Elements Gold 6F4
                              Epic 4-SW/LZ 6.0
                              MD4 Black 60* X-grind/DG Tour Issue (Red)
                              'Sure Out 2 64*/
                              Stroke Lab Marxman S
                              All inC130 Cart Edition

Comment

• Really couldnít be happier with my choice to go with the 48į MD4. Every round it gets used more bot from distance and around the green. Really happy with my wedge setup right now.
                                WITB:
                                Epic Flash 9.5˚
                                Epic Flash 3W
                                Rogue 3H, 4H
                                Apex CF19 5-PW

MD4 48S/54S
                                PM Grind 58˚
                                Toulon SL Las Vegas

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse