Callaway MD4 Wedges

Ok boys from THP (and girls) and those guest out there peeking in, one question:

Who's replacing their wedges this year and have these high on the list? Anyone looking at maybe getting just one to see how it goes?
I plan on giving them a chance at the bag. Would be versus the Wedgeworks V Grinds.

Tour adoption has been swift this week for the MD4.

Tour adoption has been swift this week for the MD4.

That does jump out at you with this release making me think they are more than just another pretty face!
I am just now having some Steel Fibers dropped into my Vokeys at a D4. If I don't get along well with the 95gm shaft in wedges, these will be tops on my list!

I want to see these in hand. Soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be testing these out. Sound fantastic.

I won't lie, I partially knew I would be drug back into the wedge arena, but I tried to deny it.

The black finish just looks really good. And the tech has a story to tell, and everyone here knows how much I enjoy stories.

So, black, with onyx shafts would be pretty stellar.

Normally the black is what I prefer in iron heads, but the photos of the Platinum Chrome?
a52f5130c41917eaf49ded92131212c4.jpg

Stunning! I'm having a hard time deciding which looks best to me.

Yeah, I'm usually a satin guy in wedges, or raw. But for some reason the black finish is catching my eye more in the MD4's. Would need paintfill asap, but that is easy peasy.

Ok boys from THP (and girls) and those guest out there peeking in, one question:

Who's replacing their wedges this year and have these high on the list? Anyone looking at maybe getting just one to see how it goes?

I have taken a solemn vow to do a wedge fitting this year (and I have the gift certificate to Windmill Golf Centerfrom my in-laws), and I'll go with whatever they say works best for me... but I'm going in thinking it's either the MD4's or the Cleveland CBX's.

Alternating between my MD4 wedges to practice today around the chipping area. So nice how much more aggressive one can be with the extra grooves.

399ea6e45f91c78099c1fc3bc2e2759d.jpg

Are you guys allow to say how these are improved over the MD3 or MD forged?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't have any experience with either but maybe @Dnevs came chime in on the tech side

Did you get a chance to read the article in the first post Jim? Lots of information that was written on them.

Must have skimmed it JB, was hoping for some personal hands on thoughts. I will double back and read up thanks.

Yes sir JB, that answered a lot of questions. Great article, not sure how I missed it.

At some point this year I'll replace my 56* and I'll be looking hard at these. I'll be completely honest that the RTX3 is going to be tough to beat but I think the MD4 could give it a run for the money.

At some point this year I'll replace my 56* and I'll be looking hard at these. I'll be completely honest that the RTX3 is going to be tough to beat but I think the MD4 could give it a run for the money.

Same here man. I'm thinking going MD4 as my highest lofted wedge with a little more heel and toe relief for more of a specialty wedge at some point. That's about the only gripe I have with the RTX3.

Must have skimmed it JB, was hoping for some personal hands on thoughts. I will double back and read up thanks.

Yes sir JB, that answered a lot of questions. Great article, not sure how I missed it.

" while some golfers view the 4 cut outs (circles) as an aesthetic item, they do in fact serve a purpose. By creating these ports and filling them with milled aluminum medallions, the company can position the center of gravity (CG) upward progressively as the lofts increase in the wedges. This will present not only a performance gain as positioning CG to the perfect spot becomes easier, but also one of feel for golfers."

For me I think this is the big difference and I could tell something was different on the first few hits. The weight of the head felt different, in a good way, and the imprint left from the grass on the center of the face told me something was at work here.

Thanks Sir Nate, that helps a lot.

I really did not like the feel of the MD3 at all after playing the JDM wedges, the Md forged are better but still not where I want to be.

Could be, with the MD4 they have it dialed in. Great more things to spend money on....the wife has been giving me the evil eye all weekend.

" while some golfers view the 4 cut outs (circles) as an aesthetic item, they do in fact serve a purpose. By creating these ports and filling them with milled aluminum medallions, the company can position the center of gravity (CG) upward progressively as the lofts increase in the wedges. This will present not only a performance gain as positioning CG to the perfect spot becomes easier, but also one of feel for golfers."

For me I think this is the big difference and I could tell something was different on the first few hits. The weight of the head felt different, in a good way, and the imprint left from the grass on the center of the face told me something was at work here.

Thanks Sir Nate, that helps a lot.

I really did not like the feel of the MD3 at all after playing the JDM wedges, the Md forged are better but still not where I want to be.

Could be, with the MD4 they have it dialed in. Great more things to spend money on....the wife has been giving me the evil eye all weekend.

It’s worth checking out cause they are different and that’s coming from someone who had the MD3’s.

@Nate dropping Big time knowledge...

Just redeemed air miles for 2 callaway gift cards totaling $300, so I have them pretty much covered. Orrrrr wait to fondle the driver and FW's week after next.
Actually will wait either way since D.L.'s place has all the demos in hand already just can't put them out.

Well I really enjoyed the MD Forged this past year, but these are pretty tempting.

Back