Callaway MD4 Wedges

Had a good time practicing today just with chips. Obviously it'll be how the green responds on a given day but when chipping to flags on the other side of the green I felt more comfortable and better with the 54*. The 58* was more of a land and stop, definitely a weapon to use on closer flags since the rollout didn't seem to happen with the 58*.

Now again, I'm sure these greens were rolling a 9 so that is why the 54* felt better and more comfortable, even used my Epic AW to get more rollout on flags further away.

I am playing a course tomorrow that is known for fast greens, on it's best day rolls at 11, but more than likely 10-10.5. I'll be sure to work with the 58 prior to my round to see if I'll be using this more around the greens during my round.

I was using the Truvis to see the spin when it lands, fun to see and to get an idea of how much extra spin these grooves provide.

Had a good time practicing today just with chips. Obviously it'll be how the green responds on a given day but when chipping to flags on the other side of the green I felt more comfortable and better with the 54*. The 58* was more of a land and stop, definitely a weapon to use on closer flags since the rollout didn't seem to happen with the 58*.

Now again, I'm sure these greens were rolling a 9 so that is why the 54* felt better and more comfortable, even used my Epic AW to get more rollout on flags further away.

I am playing a course tomorrow that is known for fast greens, on it's best day rolls at 11, but more than likely 10-10.5. I'll be sure to work with the 58 prior to my round to see if I'll be using this more around the greens during my round.

I was using the Truvis to see the spin when it lands, fun to see and to get an idea of how much extra spin these grooves provide.

I may have to do a little test drive of one of these pre round on Friday, just a heads up. :D

Alternating between my MD4 wedges to practice today around the chipping area. So nice how much more aggressive one can be with the extra grooves.

399ea6e45f91c78099c1fc3bc2e2759d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunning wedges dude. Stunning

" while some golfers view the 4 cut outs (circles) as an aesthetic item, they do in fact serve a purpose. By creating these ports and filling them with milled aluminum medallions, the company can position the center of gravity (CG) upward progressively as the lofts increase in the wedges. This will present not only a performance gain as positioning CG to the perfect spot becomes easier, but also one of feel for golfers."

For me I think this is the big difference and I could tell something was different on the first few hits. The weight of the head felt different, in a good way, and the imprint left from the grass on the center of the face told me something was at work here.

Hmmm... MD3 had the same ports. Wonder if there is something different in them on the MD4’s?

However I totally agree there is something different about these wedges. They seem so more “Balanced” than the MD3’s.

Hmmm... MD3 had the same ports. Wonder if there is something different in them on the MD4’s?

However I totally agree there is something different about these wedges. They seem so more “Balanced” than the MD3’s.

Sounds like it’s the aluminum in the 4’s.

I still love my MD3s but this will get a look soon when my current gamers start to wear out. Good looking setup.

66b2e49d9f636cd8682ef5efbc40d0d9.jpg

Just when I was about to give up on the Cally wedges and go back to JDM, I hit Cobra's MD4 58 deg and wow what a difference in feel from the MD forged and miles better than the MD3's for me.

I played with it a few different times when we were waiting around, just chipping little touch shots and never had one come off other than exactly like I was thinking.

I have to go back and read up more on them, but it felt quite a bit heavier to me in a great way. I seem to remember that being mentioned as a intentional design change.

Excited to spend some time with these at some point, the "nip it" groove or whatever its being called has my full attention with how I play around the greens.

Got a round in this weekend with some friends, mixing it up with some shamble and captains choice. Got to hit these wedges a number of times. I can say that when I do my job these wedges definitely do theirs. Still don't know if it's new grooves or what, but I had a few chips & pitches that checked up reall for me, leading to a longer putt than I expected. Just need to get comfortable throwing the ball a little closer to the hole!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Do it! You know you want to. If I'm thinking what you're "hmmmmmm"ing about. For the good of the forum. :alien:

Callaway MD4 Wedges

X grind has arrived and will be going straight into the bag!!!

cb6b96a8b94a9467aa7b649a0bc6b64e.jpg

Those are some sweet looking wedges!!! :bulgy-eyes:

MD Forged your days are limited...MD4 wants your spot!

Those are gorgeous Jman

I little flat black mixed in some epoxy to cover those brushed discs in the ports and I'm ready to finally try a new wedge.

Back