Callaway Rogue Hybrids

I'm going to bump this thread until I'm blue in the face.

Sunday was a disaster with hybrids besides a Par 3 that I hit the green with. I was thinning the ball, pulling the ball, just no comfort and all down to a very poor swing that day.

Yesterday I hit the 2H off the tee 4 times, finding 3 fairways(Rogue Driver 3/3 FIR). I hit 4H off the deck once on a Par 5 and landed safely in the fairway, leaving me 115 to the flag.

No pulls or thinnies, just a nice high ball flight with a small draw. The one fairway I missed was poor course management. You can carry all of these trees to leave yourself a wedge on the dog-leg right. Or aim a little left out towards the bunkers and leave yourself an 8iron at worst. I decided to try and carry the trees and didn't strike it that well.

Nice to have these back to cooperating, but as always, it's the Indian!

Callaway Rogue Hybrids

I'm going to bump this thread until I'm blue in the face.

Sunday was a disaster with hybrids besides a Par 3 that I hit the green with. I was thinning the ball, pulling the ball, just no comfort and all down to a very poor swing that day.

Yesterday I hit the 2H off the tee 4 times, finding 3 fairways(Rogue Driver 3/3 FIR). I hit 4H off the deck once on a Par 5 and landed safely in the fairway, leaving me 115 to the flag.

No pulls or thinnies, just a nice high ball flight with a small draw. The one fairway I missed was poor course management. You can carry all of these trees to leave yourself a wedge on the dog-leg right. Or aim a little left out towards the bunkers and leave yourself an 8iron at worst. I decided to try and carry the trees and didn't strike it that well.

Nice to have these back to cooperating, but as always, it's the Indian!

You and me both brother! Still loving these hybrids. The 3H is turning into enough of a weapon off the tee I'm starting to lean on it more than my 3W for tight par 4s. Hit this one yesterday on number 2 in league. Even at 20 yards less this would be a good enough result for a medium sized fairway that gives me fits for some reason.

dcb153aeec8d39afc4a9e3e865cb91b9.jpg

I am a huge fan of the Rogues. I played 5 rounds on vacation this week, with a 3, 4, and 5 Rogue hybrid in my bag. The ball just explodes off the face and goes straight as an arrow. So easy to hit. Since my driver has not been reliable of late, the Rogues really saved me on 2nd shots all week long.

I do sometimes miss my 4H. I struggled to hold greens with it, but man was it a beast on a par 5s.

You and me both brother! Still loving these hybrids. The 3H is turning into enough of a weapon off the tee I'm starting to lean on it more than my 3W for tight par 4s. Hit this one yesterday on number 2 in league. Even at 20 yards less this would be a good enough result for a medium sized fairway that gives me fits for some reason.

dcb153aeec8d39afc4a9e3e865cb91b9.jpg

I'm following the same logic as you on tight/shortish par 4s. I'm able to swing the 3h freely which procedures better shots. I'm hitting my 3h ~220 and it's more consistent than the 3w.

I'm currently in a funk off the turf. My instructor said to hit 3-4 9 iron shots and then hit 3-4 hybrid shots. Repeat, repeat, repeat. The swings should be similar. He said to move the ball forward about one ball for the hybrid. I'm pretty sure that's the source of my turf issue...putting the ball too far forward.

I'm following the same logic as you on tight/shortish par 4s. I'm able to swing the 3h freely which procedures better shots. I'm hitting my 3h ~220 and it's more consistent than the 3w.

I'm currently in a funk off the turf. My instructor said to hit 3-4 9 iron shots and then hit 3-4 hybrid shots. Repeat, repeat, repeat. The swings should be similar. He said to move the ball forward about one ball for the hybrid. I'm pretty sure that's the source of my turf issue...putting the ball too far forward.

The hardest part with hybrids for me was forcing myself to hit them like irons. Once you get over it and figure it out though the versatility they offer can't be ignored. I still have a hooking issue with most hybrids (especially distance oriented models) but haven't seen that with these. These are by far the best offering in the Rogue lineup for me. The irons were awesome as well but these are as close to point and shoot as you can get when you talk about distances ≥200 yards.

Broken record here, checking in. The legend of the Rogue hybrid continues to grow. :D Outdrove my foursome on 2 yesterday with the 3H dead center of the fairway, leaving me a solid wedge distance in. Missed a bit with the 3H off the tee on 6 but was still just off the fairway and able to put the ball on the green for a long birdie putt (which I missed). Then on 9 after flaring one out with my driver, I hit my 4H into the wind from the rough at 190. Past the pin by ~15' and made a 2 putt to get us the win for the day. Love these hybrids.

I know we're all waiting for the new releases to come out, but wanted to stop in here and heap more praise on the hybrids from the Rogue lineup. Almost two years later and these are still the star of the show from the Rogue lineup (though the irons were excellent as well) for me. If you're looking for a distance hybrid there's probably some better options out there, but if you need a straight iron replacement at a reasonable price, these may be worth a look. Still carrying the 3 & 4. 5 has been relegated to the basement but reserves the option to be played if my iron striking hits a lull. High & straight is the order of the day with these whenever I come relatively close to doing my part. Distance is consistently where I expect them to be. I may try others (never say never), but anything that wants to take a spot currently occupied by one of these clubs has a tall order ahead of it.

Yes!!

I tried searching but couldn't find it.

I'll take a look at the Super Hybrid by the Rogue's are in my class.

I used it 4 times off the tee yesterday. 3 fairways and one duck-hook OB, nice. Mixed between 2H-3H-4H depending on where I wanted to be at.

Par 4 I went 3H and pushed it a little bit leaving me 188 to a back pin. I had the Apex 5i but decided to hit the 4H. A draw landing about 20 feet left of the flag which led to Par, my best shot of the day.

Very next hole Driver-2H leaving me 71 yards on a Par 5 was fun.

Everything about these hybrids is what I like. I'm sure plenty can find good deals on CPO as well.

Yes!!

I tried searching but couldn't find it.

I'll take a look at the Super Hybrid by the Rogue's are in my class.

I used it 4 times off the tee yesterday. 3 fairways and one duck-hook OB, nice. Mixed between 2H-3H-4H depending on where I wanted to be at.

Par 4 I went 3H and pushed it a little bit leaving me 188 to a back pin. I had the Apex 5i but decided to hit the 4H. A draw landing about 20 feet left of the flag which led to Par, my best shot of the day.

Very next hole Driver-2H leaving me 71 yards on a Par 5 was fun.

Everything about these hybrids is what I like. I'm sure plenty can find good deals on CPO as well.
Somehow when I saw this thread bumped I knew it had to be you doing the bumping haha. Welcome back to golf sir....

Somehow when I saw this thread bumped I knew it had to be you doing the bumping haha. Welcome back to golf sir....
Veteran's Day 98. "I suck at Golf. I'll stay semi-retired from Golf. Don't even love the game anymore. Why bother. Maybe give another instructor another shot on a 5-lesson plan."

Yesterday "My swing is back. If I didn't three-putt 3 times, make bogey from the middle of the fairway 3 different times from 130 and in, double bunker shot then I'm flirting with 75. Golf is awesome."

Rogue hybrid and I just don't get along. My one and only 3 hybrid has been a hook monster and have not been able to tame it. It goes a good distance, but directionally, I just haven't been able to figure it out. My 5w Ping G410 is same distance and is much straighter so it has taken it's place in the bag.

Need some thoughts. Going to add either the 2h or 3h to my bag to join the 4h. This new hybrid will be my longest approach club and should be hit off some tees

I can hit the 4h very high and this is giving me distance. The 2h would be a natural choice if I don’t loose drastic height or pick up lots of side spin.

so I happened into golf shop and found near new 3h in my flex at a great price. Done. I analyzed my home course and felt the 3h best for my normal course.

I'm pushing from the bag a very nice xr16 4w that was not giving me great distance. Must be a shaft fitment issue because I'm hitting the rogue hybrid silly distances. i hit the xr16 what look like a pure shot and it does not give me the reward. Time period for observation is 6 months. The height and distance I get from the rogue is just amazing.

yesterday I had 190 to the center on an elevated 50ft green. I attempted to lay up with the 4h and placed it on the green. This has been going on for about last 4 months so I just go with it and get the 3h as my tight tee and par 5 club. If I can get 15 extra yards vs. 4h, I am golden

Was cruising thru 6 holes only using driver off the tee then on Hole 7 it's only 340. Water left, some trouble right, just an easy swing leaves you about 125-150, if you crush driver and keep it in play you're looking at a flip 60-80 yard wedge.

Anyway, grabbed 2H and the face was a little closed, hooked right into the water, only ball I lost all day.

Later in the round I had 3 other opportunities to hit Hybrid off the tee even though driver was doing well, 2/2 FW and a GIR on a Par 3.

Opened the face at address just a smidge so it eliminated the hook. On the Par 3 it was 190 to a middle pin. I could get there with my 5i but I risk over cooking it and hooking it. Hit a nice easy 4H and hit got it 15 feet short of the pin, nice easy 2 putt Par.

Hit it 3 or 4 times on approaches, solid besides the one I thinned on a Par 5 after a great drive. Hit a good 2H and I have 60 yards or less into the green. Thinned shot left me 140 to the green. Oh well.

Got a couple of rounds in over the holiday and again found myself relying on the 3H for tee shots into tight or cut off fairways. Continue to be impressed with these hybrids as they're as close to point and shoot as any long club I've ever gamed.

after pondering and reading this thread i have a 4h that should be here tomorrow...end of the golf season why not!

anyone still playing these hybrids?

after pondering and reading this thread i have a 4h that should be here tomorrow...end of the golf season why not!

I'm still playing the 3&4 hybrids. I got the 4H back in 2017 and it's never left, which is a feat for my bag.

To piggyback off @JonD I still firmly have the 2-3-4 Rogue hybrids in the bag.

I just love hitting them and I don't even miss not having a fairway wood.

These pack a great punch and the launch is simple. Off the tee the 2H is my go to on short Par 4s. The shot of the day for my last round was ironically the 4H when I was 185 out. 10 feet right of the flag. Missed the birdie :cry:

Can
To piggyback off @JonD I still firmly have the 2-3-4 Rogue hybrids in the bag.

I just love hitting them and I don't even miss not having a fairway wood.

These pack a great punch and the launch is simple. Off the tee the 2H is my go to on short Par 4s. The shot of the day for my last round was ironically the 4H when I was 185 out. 10 feet right of the flag. Missed the birdie :cry:
Can't image what the face looks like hitting in the sand in Florida.

well after a quick and i mean quick 10 shots at the range...the club feels very solid but im just not feeling the regular flex stock shaft.

anyone hit both regular and stiff flex in the stock synergy shaft?... im not the highest swing speed by any stretch but have a faster tempo and the regular feels a little whippy compared to other shafts in my bag.

the specs only show a 5 gram difference between the reg/stiff...wonder what else would be different between the 2 (torque, kickpoint)

EDIT: will still be taking to the course tomorrow afternoon and will report back with results.

Last edited:
I haven't gamed the regulars, but have the Synergy shaft in stiff in mine. These are definitely swing easy clubs for me. I also suck at hitting them on the range for some reason... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

well after one round with the 4H, i may have to start looking for a 5H or 6H.

first shot with the 4H was after my worst drive of the day...hit it 190-195ish back in play down the middle and helped me save par.

shot of the day was my second on the longest hole on the course...usually lay up with a 7 or 8 iron as there are trees and OB on both sides but decided to hit the hybrid..GPS said 204 when i got to my ball and only had a sand wedge in. missed the birdie but never usually have a birdie opp on that hole.

back 9 i hit a few off the toe and while they didnt obviously fly as far the ball stayed online.

have tried numerous hybrids over the years for that 180-195 yard shot...excited to see how it preforms in the next few outings...to bad the season is winding down here up north.

Back