Cobra KING Black Wedges

Eh, feel wise they're pretty identical to me. More on the firm side feedback wise. But, the brushing from the PUR is definitely not there on these, and there hasn't been as much chatter either.
Was wondering about bag chatter.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

good stuff pkorf! really looking forward to getting mine in-hand. i requested the classic grind on the 56 and 60, so if i get those i'm hoping i can offer some feedback on that particular grind.

good stuff pkorf! really looking forward to getting mine in-hand. i requested the classic grind on the 56 and 60, so if i get those i'm hoping i can offer some feedback on that particular grind.
Sure thing! I'm excited to try them out on the Ohio soil. I sued to play lower bounce wedges and then went back to mid / high bounce in the Vokeys. So will have a familiarity with this bounce setup.

Was wondering about bag chatter.

Nothing unnatural to report there, and that's with going on 12 rounds on it, in a bag of 16 clubs, carrying. Haha

Nothing unnatural to report there, and that's with going on 12 rounds on it, in a bag of 16 clubs, carrying. Haha
Nice! That's a pretty good sample size to know too.

Loving the pics PKorf!!

These wedges are gorgeous!! I like you pick in shafts as well!

Nice! That's a pretty good sample size to know too.

Yessir. I'm not at all gentle on wedges. Haha

Screw work......
1aec02a39c0d014cc5cfff332a27ce54.jpg
517f0a38c5b7be5bfe4bd22a9b72a823.jpg
a1456c6e3e6d4b9c63237b9b8550bf55.jpg
e0843a2e475f987bad41dabffbd883ee.jpg

What range do you go to? I do not recognize this one in our area.

Nice looking wedge! Cobra has been pumping out some nice looking clubs, but I can't speak on performance. Last Cobra product in my bag was the S3 Pros which I freaking loved. Not sure why I got rid of them...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

What range do you go to? I do not recognize this one in our area.
Yesterday I was at stonebrook.

I think also that it bears mentioning again, Cobra going with the three "grinds" is simple and easy to understand. I played all three in my set of PUR's, but here with the Versatile in the 56 it fits that bill, the sole and the scallop in the back as always make for a really well manipulatable design, for those who play that way.

@pkorf thanks for the pics and info, excellent job!!

Yesterday I was at stonebrook.

AHAHA!! I haven't been there in years. Not since I stopped working in Middleburg back in 2012. It would have been 2011 the last time I was there.

@pkorf thanks for the pics and info, excellent job!!
Thanks sir. Hoping to get some real on the course info soon. Then again I'm in Ohio.... Could be mid April. Lol

Look at this. LOOK AT IT. BEHOLD IT. Sure is a pretty wedge.

DSC_0241-3-XL.jpg

No, its not the present day pic with wear, still trying to get home with enough daylight to get a good shot of that with my good camera, but I've had a lot of fun testing this one. I am in the camp that since the last full-on MC enjoyed the hell out of Cobra wedges. Always versatile, always good feedback, always good accuracy, and of course like all wedges they spin. This has been fun, I think the decision to stick with this shape/design a couple iterations now was smart, W/S has done similar and through aesthetic changes you present almost a whole new wedge to people. Its more firm than some will expect, but you can do anything you want with it, and anything any other wedge out there can do as well.

I'm writing this one right now, and I look forward to everyone reading it, then hearing the feedback from the new MC players.

If you have any Q's, tee them up for me, would love to talk shop on this one some more.

Well they aren't not pretty.....lol

1c39472c714375b6db106b2ce3b03f5c.jpg

Sexy comes to mind when I look at these!!

Pin seeker. I don’t think I’ve seen a sexier wedge in my life! I’m ready to get this bad boy on the course!

9935c411f1193b4b155d9153f57673e4.jpg

Wedges and irons are here!

7f8def6f41c25ece7a4fb99a6cfc9ad2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really think you're going to enjoy it.

So took my new 50 and 54 to the range today. I played around with the 50 some first and I found I have a tendency to miss left with it. That is something I will have to work on. It feels good though and swings easy. Distances are comparable to my current 50*. I hit some finesse shots with it too and really enjoyed that quite a bit. I tried chipping but I didn’t really have a good spot for that so will report on that later.

For the 54*, I jumped straight in the practice bunker. The sand was pretty loose and soft and I expected the ball to cone out somewhat slow. We have a flag about 15 yards in front the bunker so I swung about 75%. Big mistake! This thing is just stupid easy in bunkers. I flew that first up and out probably 50 yards. I ended up just swinging way easier and popped em right out on after the next. I only hit half a dozen or so and knew it was good there. I hit a few finesse shots and some full swings as well and was really happy with it. I use my current 54 a lot so I was very pleased to find this one to be pleasing for me as well.
e5eb213b402a437d319727568a8d3548.jpg
67769cab7600d56b6efa986b579f6b46.jpg
9c47e364f5d4440a78e4d86f84716c32.jpg
42776c429a67657a80f91e7365bd52e6.jpg

I took my 54 & 50 straight to the course yesterday. The temps were cool early on so I wasn’t compressing the ball the way I would have liked. But after the round I was able to put them through their paces.

First of all the wedges look so dayum sexy. The all black DBM Head with the slight splash of color is pretty outstanding. They say black is slimming, well I ain’t gonna argue.

They setup like blades behind the ball and have the feel of an older model blade. Not harsh but not soft either. It is a harder hit than I’m used to but the results are better then expected.

I paired my wedges with Nippon Tour wedge shaft, 120g and 130g. The heavier shaft for touch shots around the greens. I worked on a few short sided chips and bunker shots. As well as full shots. The combo I have launched high with plenty of spin. The distance was what I expected. The launch was the surprise. Then I remember hitting the 120s at the PGA show with Hiro of Nippon. Absolutely in love with these shafts.

I have 7 weeks to dial these in and that is exactly what I am going to do.

So took my new 50 and 54 to the range today. I played around with the 50 some first and I found I have a tendency to miss left with it. That is something I will have to work on. It feels good though and swings easy. Distances are comparable to my current 50*. I hit some finesse shots with it too and really enjoyed that quite a bit. I tried chipping but I didn’t really have a good spot for that so will report on that later.

For the 54*, I jumped straight in the practice bunker. The sand was pretty loose and soft and I expected the ball to cone out somewhat slow. We have a flag about 15 yards in front the bunker so I swung about 75%. Big mistake! This thing is just stupid easy in bunkers. I flew that first up and out probably 50 yards. I ended up just swinging way easier and popped em right out on after the next. I only hit half a dozen or so and knew it was good there. I hit a few finesse shots and some full swings as well and was really happy with it. I use my current 54 a lot so I was very pleased to find this one to be pleasing for me as well.
e5eb213b402a437d319727568a8d3548.jpg
67769cab7600d56b6efa986b579f6b46.jpg
9c47e364f5d4440a78e4d86f84716c32.jpg
42776c429a67657a80f91e7365bd52e6.jpg

What wedges were you playing before? Does the weighting feel better?

I took my 54 & 50 straight to the course yesterday. The temps were cool early on so I wasn’t compressing the ball the way I would have liked. But after the round I was able to put them through their paces.

First of all the wedges look so dayum sexy. The all black DBM Head with the slight splash of color is pretty outstanding. They say black is slimming, well I ain’t gonna argue.

They setup like blades behind the ball and have the feel of an older model blade. Not harsh but not soft either. It is a harder hit than I’m used to but the results are better then expected.

I paired my wedges with Nippon Tour wedge shaft, 120g and 130g. The heavier shaft for touch shots around the greens. I worked on a few short sided chips and bunker shots. As well as full shots. The combo I have launched high with plenty of spin. The distance was what I expected. The launch was the surprise. Then I remember hitting the 120s at the PGA show with Hiro of Nippon. Absolutely in love with these shafts.

I have 7 weeks to dial these in and that is exactly what I am going to do.

The harder hit firmer feel - does it take away from feel shots around the green?

The harder hit firmer feel - does it take away from feel shots around the green?

It doesn’t take away from the feel, just a different feeling and sound. The control and touch is still there.

My 50* was a CBX and my 54* was a set XR OS. The UST Recoil 95 is heavier then what I am used to as I had a lighter weight graphite in both the others but I was not really effected by it. I quite enjoyed these heads paired with the Recoil 95s.

Back