#BagBattles - What's Yours?

Those are some damn good pickups right there! Congrats on that. As for the hitting it right on the range, you and I should get together because all I ever do is hit it left haha

If nothing else, we'd meet in the middle. LOL

I'm very excited about the Mizuno's. Worse part is waiting until they get here. I couldn't decide on the grip I want, so they're just putting them in the box for me. I'm torn between GP MCC Plus 4's and Winn Dri-Tac's.

Current battle is at the putter slot.

SC Newport 2 vs Odyssey O-works #7

OR

Do I introduce a new player into the mix

Current battle is at the putter slot.

SC Newport 2 vs Odyssey O-works #7

OR

Do I introduce a new player into the mix

I hate to confuse the issue for you, but consider Evnroll putters. The only reason I even considered switching was that was what Club Champion recommended. But, the Evnroll's are truly great for distance control.

I hate to confuse the issue for you, but consider Evnroll putters. The only reason I even considered switching was that was what Club Champion recommended. But, the Evnroll's are truly great for distance control.

I have rolled a couple before but didn't really care for them to be completely honest. SeeMore is always in the mix and the new Spider X has my attention as well

I have rolled a couple before but didn't really care for them to be completely honest. SeeMore is always in the mix and the new Spider X has my attention as well

A friend of mine games a SeeMore and he swears by it (or at it sometimes, as well).

I approve both of those at the end there.

Have one coming:

Custom Fit Edel E-1 (from the ultimate putter experience thread) vs Custom fit EVNRoll ER1.2 w/Stability shaft.

Edel was fit doing the Edel fitting system, the ER1.2 using quintec.... Other thing that will be fun is the EvnRoll is 2" longer. Hopefully I have the EVNroll in by next week to get this party started.

This might sound crazy but I have an original TM Burner Bubble Titanium 5W that is making a strong case for a spot. I currently have 1 open spot between my 4W and 23* Utility. Average carry is 235 and 205 respectively, so I need a club that flies right around 220. I've had the 5W at the range about 4x over the winter and I'm just so consistent with it, get close to 120' peak height to hold greens and it goes the exact distance I'm looking for. Apex hybrid has contended and the consistency is not even close.

This might sound crazy but I have an original TM Burner Bubble Titanium 5W that is making a strong case for a spot. I currently have 1 open spot between my 4W and 23* Utility. Average carry is 235 and 205 respectively, so I need a club that flies right around 220. I've had the 5W at the range about 4x over the winter and I'm just so consistent with it, get close to 120' peak height to hold greens and it goes the exact distance I'm looking for. Apex hybrid has contended and the consistency is not even close.

2 of the guys I play with regularly have both gone back to V-Steel fairway woods. Whatever works for your game is the most important thing.

Have one coming:

Custom Fit Edel E-1 (from the ultimate putter experience thread) vs Custom fit EVNRoll ER1.2 w/Stability shaft.

Edel was fit doing the Edel fitting system, the ER1.2 using quintec.... Other thing that will be fun is the EvnRoll is 2" longer. Hopefully I have the EVNroll in by next week to get this party started.

I look forward to hearing how this goes

Have one coming:

RIP to the #pygmyputter :sad:

RIP to the #pygmyputter :sad:

I don't know, it still does pretty dang good. As the incumbent starter the Edel only has to be as good as the EVNroll to keep the job.....

2 of the guys I play with regularly have both gone back to V-Steel fairway woods. Whatever works for your game is the most important thing.
I actually have one of those in my garage too. Don't give me any more ideas.

Looking forward to seeing how your putter battle goes. I know you were fond of that Edel.

I blame #RangeDays for this.

I was all set to be happy. Then I hit my goal weight loss abs got on eBay....

Cobra F9 Avalanche 10.5 vs Callaway Epic Flash 12.0

Ugh.

Anyone think this one is worth some numbers? Haha

I blame #RangeDays for this.

I was all set to be happy. Then I hit my goal weight loss abs got on eBay....

Cobra F9 Avalanche 10.5 vs Callaway Epic Flash 12.0

Ugh.

Anyone think this one is worth some numbers? Haha

This should be a good battle!

New Aldila NV green in the Rogue SZ 3 wood has turned the battle on the 3 wood spot up to 100 now.

Rogue SZ 13.5 w/ Aldila NV green 75x

Vs.

Epic SZ 15* w/ Aldila Tour Blue 75x

3w is my favorite spot. So this is a big deal and the decision is going to be so hard. Might end up having to swap back and forth just to give them both love.

New Aldila NV green in the Rogue SZ 3 wood has turned the battle on the 3 wood spot up to 100 now.

Vs.

3w is my favorite spot. So this is a big deal and the decision is going to be so hard. Might end up having to swap back and forth just to give them both love.

I love 3 wood battles have fun with those two :bomb:

Vs.

Tour Blue is such a killer fw shaft....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, in an interesting turn....

Flash vs F9.

Advantage is to the Flash right now, actually.

So, in an interesting turn....

Flash vs F9.

Advantage is to the Flash right now, actually.

That’s a pretty fair fight. No real losers if those are your options.

I know come June it will be a battle between my Ping g400 lst & Taylormade m5 driver.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
3 wood...816 vs. rogue. I like being able to adjust the 816 if needed and I'm not seeing a noticeable performance gain with the rogue. For now, the 816 is staying in the bag.

short term battle: my fitted Edel vs EVNRoll 1.2 w/BGT Stability shaft. in less than 6 weeks Odyssey will jump into the fray. so far the Edel is like that comfortable sweatshirt that just feels great, which isn't surprising since I think I have had it in the bag for 2 years with very little interruption.

But the roll the EVNRoll puts on the ball.... less loft (think we fit it to 0.5*) along with the Face tech Guerin Rife developed, but the sound is so much different than what I am accustomed to. Going to play with the EVNRoll today for the first time so we will see how it goes.

I think my bag battles have resolved themselves over the last couple rounds. Bag will be set as:

Driver - Callaway Epic 9* turned down to 8*. Playing around 44” with head weight up to play D3. Shaft is a custom Project X even flow back light 6.5

FW’s:

3w - Callaway Epic - 15* N/S - Aldila Tour Blue 75x

5w - Callaway 816 Alpha 18* N/S - Aldila Rogue Max 85x

Hybrid:

Callaway 815 Alpha 20* N/S, 10g weight - Fuji Speeder 865 s

Irons:

Srixon Z765 5-PW - Recoil 110 F4

Wedges:

Vokey - Chrome SM6 48*F, Indigo Blue SM5 54*M, 58*S

Putter (until 2019 odyssey experience) - Odyssey O-Works Red #7s

Back