#BagBattles - What's Yours?

Introduced a new #BagBattle in my bag... Rogue 3W incoming to go up against my TEE EX-10 Beta. The Beta has been the best 3W I've owned, but I do prefer a lower profile 3W face. Looking forward to this.

Long iron battle about to breakout... a pair of Srixon U65's challenging:

4-iron: Srixon U65 23* vs. z745 22*
3-iron: Srixon U65 20* vs. Callaway Apex UT 21* vs. Callaway Apex Hybrid 20*

The 3-iron slot could turn into a 4-way battle with a 5-w/Heavenwood yet TBD. I need to throw another fairway in the mix.

Toulon Design Atlanta vs Toulon Austin vs Toulon Columbus

Everything but the putter and two hybrids. Very comfortable with all three. Irons are in flux due to stopping power and Mizuno MP 18 SC and MMC, Titleist AP2, Ping i200 and iBlade, Taylormade p770 and Wilson Staff FG Tour V6 are all up for testing as soon as I can... only going 5 iron down to match the lofts of the hybrids. Driver I'm stuck between G400 Max and Cobra F8 (price point and reviews are great) Fairway wood may just turn into a distance hybrid such as a CLK or C300 2H. I do have a soft spot for Cobra FWs.

Last edited:
G400 is safe.

Vokeys are safe.

Fli-Hi are safe.

Hwacenwood is safe.

M5x prototype is beyond safe.

3w and irons, we have an argument.

G400 is safe.

Vokeys are safe.

Fli-Hi are safe.

Hwacenwood is safe.

EX10 making a resurgence or another contender?

Also irons....hmmm. Coincidence you just got some 790s!?

EX10 making a resurgence or another contender?

Also irons....hmmm. Coincidence you just got some 790s!?
EX10 or just no 3w at all. Rogue is being naughty and I hit the HW so darn far its almost redundant.

Irons are fully either MP18's or 790s. 185 yard 7i's in a great looking package are fun.

G400 is safe.

Vokeys are safe.

Fli-Hi are safe.

Hwacenwood is safe.

I suspect feel is going to be the major difference between the two sets of irons. MP-18s FTMFW!!!

Well it didn't take long for the Newport 2 to get the Elevado CB out of the bag.

Gotta be careful though....Scotty land can get real expensive real fast.

I fell down that rabbit hole deep two years ago. Now I am going down there again LOL. Also have a Newport 2 replacing an Elevado.

Current battle is for the second tee option/yardage eater.

Incumbent: Callaway XR 3W with Matrix 6Q3 shaft in X
Contender: Callaway Rogue 4W with Synergy shaft in S

XR gets up in the air easier and has a higher flight and softer landing. It’s been in my bag for 3 years and I’m comfortable with it. I do have a two way miss with it and rarely hit it.

Rogue has a more penetrating mid flight and has more forgiveness. The Rogue is longer which may hurt its chances. Rogue all but eliminates the right side but is easier to work. I’ve also hit it more in one round than I have hit my XR this year.

The Rogue is in the lead by a good margin. I need to put it through its paces a little more to see if it’s that new club performance or if it’s real.

If I could just get pass battling my swing faults I'd be in a position to answer...I swear i can hear my clubs laughing at some of my shots...lol

Introduced a new #BagBattle in my bag... Rogue 3W incoming to go up against my TEE EX-10 Beta. The Beta has been the best 3W I've owned, but I do prefer a lower profile 3W face. Looking forward to this.
I'm wondering if I should give the EX10 Beta another shot against my 816 Alpha, but the damn Callaway is just so playable and it's desire to fly straight is hard to replace. The EX10 packs a serious punch but I struggled with it off the deck, and it flew "less straight" haha.

Maybe grab a Rogue and ditch both? Hmm.

I'm wondering if I should give the EX10 Beta another shot against my 816 Alpha, but the damn Callaway is just so playable and it's desire to fly straight is hard to replace. The EX10 packs a serious punch but I struggled with it off the deck, and it flew "less straight" haha.

Maybe grab a Rogue and ditch both? Hmm.
I think I'll be going back to the beta from the Rogue.

I really like reading about all the bag battles, but my question is do most go to golf stores and ranges to test the clubs on trackman or are you actually getting the clubs somehow (rent, purchase, etc) and then return if the battle goes differently?

Last edited:
I think I'll be going back to the beta from the Rogue.
Yeah? Jailbreak just not making a difference for you? Or some other issue with the Rogue?

Yeah? Jailbreak just not making a difference for you? Or some other issue with the Rogue?
Confidence. And, I launch the Beta much easier.

After today’s performance the Rogue 4W is kicking out the XR 3W. It’s long, it’s straight, it lets me make halfway decent swings and get away with it. I really like my XR, but the Rogue has just been hot. It’s been doing well enough that I might not even try to change the shaft. That was a quick battle.

The only bag battle I had was Rogue v 917 and the 917 won. Just couldn’t get comfortable with it and the weight. I struggled finding/feeling the head throughout the swing.

My 917 is just a great fit for me and really consistent with yardage and dispersion.

Well, it's time to settle it for the summer. That's the plan at least.

What's left?

G400 vs G400 Max.

TEE EX10 Beta vs Rogue SZ.

Yeah.

Contemplating new irons. I like my Mizuno MP-H5, but after a few seasons I don’t LOVE them. Thinking something a little more forgiving for thin mis-hits would do the trick.

Only bag battle for sure is the Ping G400/G400 Max/ Titleist 917/Cobra F8 drivers. I settled the irons and wedges. I am very happy with my putter. Rather content with the 3 wood and hybrids. Don't have a big stick. I have $50 in Dicks cash to throw at the driver along with an old set of 2004 Big Bertha Irons. These drivers all cost the same and are towards the bottom of the driver price bracket so they fit the money perfectly.

Well the putter battle is over. After some extended time on the practice green this weekend the Red #7 has handily beaten all competitors for now.

Back