#BagBattles - What's Yours?

Half way through 2019 and I’m happy and shocked to say that I have absolutely zero bag battles going on. Also haven’t had a ponder in months. This is a first for me and says a lot about the entire 2019 lineup from Callaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say this is really a bag battle but it should be a fun comparison tomorrow morning.

7cc7c82df86c819485d0fc2667062083.jpg

Toulon Vegas vs SL EXO Marxman. Right now slight edge to Marxman.

My bag battles are between the following clubs.

My 64* wedge, my 5-Wood, my 3H, my 5I and my 4I. I can only carry two of these.

Oh, and 5 putters, all of which I like.

Which of 64 putters to use today. From a 1940's Spaulding Cash-In to my newest Oddessy Tuttle and all makes and models in between.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Down to just irons right now: P790s v. Z 585s. But I'm expecting to test out the CBX 2 wedges and the Epic Flash hybrids, so likely more to come.

After some more rounds and practice I'd say I'm fairly set at this point (famous last words I know) on my bag setup. May still rotate the 5H in from time to time, but right now I'm digging this setup.

callaway1.jpg
Epic Flash 9.5˚
callaway1.jpg
Epic Flash 3W
callaway1.jpg
Rogue 3H, 4H
callaway1.jpg
Apex CF19 5-PW

callaway1.jpg
MD4 48S/54S
callaway1.jpg
PM Grind 58˚
odyssey.jpg
Toulon Garage Atlanta

^^So I can shake my head at myself next time I post a change in this thread.

The gap between my 3w and 4i. I just cannot find the club that wows me. I’m back to my XR Pro 3H.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m finally over my bag battles and feel fully confident with my set up. Time to go score now.

I’ve had the Cobra F9 irons in my bag all year and I love them but it’s time to let all comers have their chance at beating them. The first two challengers have failed. Bag battles are fun.

Apparently I have a bag battle between a Titleist TS2 and Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond, as well as a Titleist Pro V1 and Callaway Chrome Soft X with Triple Track.

Although Callaway is leading pretty easily right now

Tour Edge putter and the new (to me) Odessey to ball with microhinge insert.

The rest of my bag isn't changing for a while, as the Cleveland Launchers play better than I do.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Coming tomorrow bag battle between putters. The Taylor Made Spider with blast motion grip vs the stroke lab 2 ball fang recently acquired. I love how the stroke lab sets up and it’s slightly shorter in length than the spider. But I feel like I don’t make a dang thing. I’ve had 1 good putting round since putting it in play.

Bag battle: Irons.

This year due to a bad back I went out and bought a set of the Cobra F9 One Lengths at the end of April. They came with a two month play guarantee. One week into the test period I got a raging case of tendonitis and couldn't play for a month. Then when that healed up I finally got to take them on the course and play 18 holes. After two weeks of suffering with sciatica, that went away. Then I played another 9 holes and went to the range once. The money back time is over with very little play testing due to very bad luck.

I'm seriously thinking of putting my old BioCell irons back in the bag. I like the one length 7 and 6 iron. The rest? I'm not sure about. I don't hit them well. I should hit them all the same. There's no excuse because they're all 7 iron length. But I just can't seem to hit the F9s well. I have zero confidence with the 8 iron which was my go to with my Bio Cells.

So that's my bag battle.... F9 One Lengths vs Bio Cell Irons.

Bag 1:
TM M5
TM Original one
G410 5w
Ping Blueprints
Ping Glide 3

Bag 2
TS4
TM original one
PXG Driving iron
PXG 0211
Vokey SM7

Ben Hogan PTx Pro irons officially kicked the Mizuno Hot Metal Pros out!

Driver shaft. UST Helium or Accra Z6 in the Hogan GS53 10.5 degree head. Slight edge to the Helium right now.

Adams 20* vs Cobra Fly-Z 20.5*
Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-iron vs Cobra Fly-Z 23.5*

Apparently I have a bag battle between a Titleist TS2 and Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond, as well as a Titleist Pro V1 and Callaway Chrome Soft X with Triple Track.

Although Callaway is leading pretty easily right now

Is it really a battle though?

Just had one end. Epic Flash beat out Epic. I didn't think it was possible, but yup.

Back