Cobra KING Forged TEC Black Irons

I think I’m in love!

ee0b074ed398e6d72eed4c1cbdc0e535.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love this photo brother

Have the full set of One Length Irons in house and testing out. The 4 Utility is set to 23.5* as my 5 iron and the 56* is bent to 55*.

Just waiting on the One Length Hybrid to complete the irons.

8b1f4d4b03aad4d52a9e94aefe7db584.jpg

Those look superb and the soles aren’t as thick As I thought

I think I’m in love!

ee0b074ed398e6d72eed4c1cbdc0e535.jpg

That is freaking awesome man! Looking forward to your reviews and any Arccos data from the OL you care to share down the road.

That is freaking awesome man! Looking forward to your reviews and any Arccos data from the OL you care to share down the road.

Thanks!! Tried the 5 iron on the course the other day. No distance loss at all but added some versatility!!!

Cobra KING Forged TEC Black Irons

sweet momma, i am in love. kft black with modus 105 stiff.

my irons came in today (will post pics at some point), and i couldn’t resist i had to go straight to the range.

i hit almost every iron. i tested flighting and shaping. and unintentionally i tested forgiveness lol

i am struggling to find anything negative to say about these irons. the forgiveness was astounding. i poses on some shots the flew beautifully, only to look down and find that i missed the sweet spot by no small margin. but when i did find the sweet spot, the results were phenomenal. strong flight the just soars.

behind the ball i like the size. it’s not too big, not too small.

the feel is very dense and powerful. not spongy or flexy. interestingly i find the feel to be somewhat consistent into the king black wedges. imho that’s the dbm treatment, though i could be totally wrong. when cobra says they tuned the feel to give better players what they desire, i think i know what they mean. dense and powerful.

if my immediate (i’m taking from the very first swing out of the gate) success is any indication, i am so excited to have the forgiveness my game has been longing for, and to shoot the scores i have been hoping for.

Those look superb and the soles aren’t as thick As I thought

Next to my Srixon z745. I feel they are a good size. Enough to help and not so much to feel chunky.

4989462672f7292982404f7f26da373d.jpg

I ordered 4-PW and I got a message today saying the 6 iron is on back order!

i wonder if that's a fitting thing. like maybe a lot of fitters use the 6-iron, so the demand for 6-irons has been higher than anticipated.

How much camber on the sole of the FTO?

Heal to toe is pretty flat. Face has a bit of relief with some trailing bounce. Turf wise feels like your C300 forged or PING i200.

Next to my Srixon z745. I feel they are a good size. Enough to help and not so much to feel chunky.

4989462672f7292982404f7f26da373d.jpg

Great comparison pic right here. Thanks for that!

bffe4a5e3c58c04d484644dc7af12e8e.jpg

Look how sweet these babies look in the bag! Can’t wait to get some (sim golf) swings in with them tomorrow! I’ll have a write up with a full recap of my initial thoughts.

Well, rd 2 in the books with my king forged tec black irons.........verdict is that they are LEGIT! The irons set up extremely easy and very nice, my miss with irons is typically off the toe and the irons are very forgiving, and on a day like toady when it’s windy, rainy, and cooler out they performed superb. I had t flight quite a few shots with the 2-3.5 club wind and no issues at all. The nippon modus 3 105 shafts feel amazing in there. Great trajectory and sound when hit, they just sound so solid on all types of shots. Gonna be gaming these for a long time for sure, Cobra has a definite grand slam with these bad boys!

bffe4a5e3c58c04d484644dc7af12e8e.jpg

Look how sweet these babies look in the bag! Can’t wait to get some (sim golf) swings in with them tomorrow! I’ll have a write up with a full recap of my initial thoughts.

Now that's what I call Bad A** Black! Nice pic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, rd 2 in the books with my king forged tec black irons.........verdict is that they are LEGIT! The irons set up extremely easy and very nice, my miss with irons is typically off the toe and the irons are very forgiving, and on a day like toady when it’s windy, rainy, and cooler out they performed superb. I had t flight quite a few shots with the 2-3.5 club wind and no issues at all. The nippon modus 3 105 shafts feel amazing in there. Great trajectory and sound when hit, they just sound so solid on all types of shots. Gonna be gaming these for a long time for sure, Cobra has a definite grand slam with these bad boys!

Nice Kyle...happy you're seeing them perform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i was curious does anyone have these with the dg black shaft? and are they smooth feeling , im not a big dg fan but im not sure about that white shaft , i really like modus 105 , or c tapers but that black shaft is badass lol

i was curious does anyone have these with the dg black shaft? and are they smooth feeling , im not a big dg fan but im not sure about that white shaft , i really like modus 105 , or c tapers but that black shaft is badass lol

It feels just like a DG S300. I can really feel it load. Compared to Modus 105 I’d say I feel the loading more.

df53bcaf3c92b498ab79ec605c0a6123.jpg

my king forged tec black have modus 105. only one range session so far, but i was blown away by how good the results were.

It feels just like a DG S300. I can really feel it load. Compared to Modus 105 I’d say I feel the loading more.

df53bcaf3c92b498ab79ec605c0a6123.jpg
See I'm different on the standard dg i could not feel it, felt boardy to me but the modus had that spring feeling too it sort of like a graphite shaft to me, but i like that black shaft lol i may give them a go anyway

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Looks like they all got sucked up for Demos. I mean is Cobra asleep at the wheel here ? New product launch and you are back ordered for irons you are announcing and marketing.

Really odd how there aren't any reviews on these irons out yet. Just some promo videos just listing the features but no hands on testing yet.

Really odd how there aren't any reviews on these irons out yet. Just some promo videos just listing the features but no hands on testing yet.

as i understand it, they just started taking orders within the past week or so, outside of those here who got them because of THP connections.

I’ll have another 18 holes on them today so close to giving some constructive feedback.

Looks like they all got sucked up for Demos. I mean is Cobra asleep at the wheel here ? New product launch and you are back ordered for irons you are announcing and marketing.

inventory management. makes a lot of sense for long-term viability when you are still pushing your way into consumer consciousness.

fortunately for you, thp has a bunch of average joes who will be putting these irons through their paces for a good long while. if you have any questions, please ask! the engagement is what makes these long-term reviews a ton of fun, and helpful to the masses.

Back