Cobra KING Forged TEC Black Irons

Basically 1* difference to my current CF16’s 4-7........8-AW are identical that is good to know....great thread.
I'm going to be tapping you for knowledge when/if you get these... I love my apex cf16s, but these irons are something sexy

I'm going to be tapping you for knowledge when/if you get these... I love my apex cf16s, but these irons are something sexy

If these are offered as an option I have already made up my mind lol....they just look beastly and LOVE the finish obviously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I keep hearing comparisons of these to the Srixon 565, any other comparisons from anyone who has seen these?

I keep hearing comparisons of these to the Srixon 565, any other comparisons from anyone who has seen these?

i haven't seen the black in person, but i can speak into the og kft. too big to be a player's iron, too small to be a gi iron. cf16, ptx, dpf, ap3 all come to mind. i know you like a slightly smaller profile, and i would not say the og kft were slightly smaller. not huge at all. just my opinion, though.

Cobra KING Forged TEC Black Irons

I am very interested in these and also the King Pro CB/MB set and am torn. I have gamed the Titleist 716 AP2 for the past year and before that I was using the Nike VR Pro Combo set. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i haven't seen the black in person, but i can speak into the og kft. too big to be a player's iron, too small to be a gi iron. cf16, ptx, dpf, ap3 all come to mind. i know you like a slightly smaller profile, and i would not say the og kft were slightly smaller. not huge at all. just my opinion, though.

I do typically prefer a smaller profile but if they are comparable to those I can get down with that having swung several of those. Thanks!

I am very interested in these and also the King Pro CB/MB set and am torn. I have gamed the Titleist 716 AP2 for the past year and before that I was using the Nike VR Pro Combo set. Any thoughts?

just my opinion, but there's a pretty big gap between the size of tec vs the size of the pro. the king pro are TINY. butter knives. a more gradual step down from bigger to smaller would be tec, then tour, then pro. i think several guys from last year's morgan cup went king forged tour and really enjoyed them.

just my opinion, but there's a pretty big gap between the size of tec vs the size of the pro. the king pro are TINY. butter knives. a more gradual step down from bigger to smaller would be tec, then tour, then pro. i think several guys from last year's morgan cup went king forged tour and really enjoyed them.

Thanks. Not many options for Cobra dealers here. Heading to Edwin Watts to check thing out on Thursday so hopefully I’ll be able to see in person.

Really following this thread closely as a Cobra virgin and a current CF16 lifer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Any idea when the specs/shaft options might be out on these? Still nothing on Cobra's website about them

Stock steel shaft is the DG AMT (black), plus various at no charge that I can't mention at this time. Stock graphite is Recoil 760/780ES. The specs are on the home page I believe.

Not as thick as the 565's. Cobra top line and sole much better IMO.

closer to 765 buddy

So I mistakenly thought the Black was just a new color option, these are actually updated Forged Tech irons with newer tech. Bonus they are available LH with Recoil 760 ES SmacWraps shafts. Just went to top of my list to demo shortly. Good job Cobra!

i read that joe and leighs is having a cobra demo event all day tomo. i would guess it would be at the performance center. sounds like the place to try new cobra irons!

Welcome to the Dark Side!

i read that joe and leighs is having a cobra demo event all day tomo. i would guess it would be at the performance center. sounds like the place to try new cobra irons!

Just talked to a Cobra dealer that is semi close to me and they just now received their F8 demo clubs and did not even know what I was talking about when I asked about the new Forged TEC Black. Of course this is not a major retailer either so take that for what its worth.

Just talked to a Cobra dealer that is semi close to me and they just now received their F8 demo clubs and did not even know what I was talking about when I asked about the new Forged TEC Black. Of course this is not a major retailer either so take that for what its worth.
Hmm. Weird. Maybe we get them pre release ......

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Release isn't until 4/6 anyway so I am not surprised they didn't have them yet and it was more of a wishful thinking kind of thing. Oh and nobody said they would even be an option for MC members yet either.

Do you see these through your membership? Or through Windmill GC or Club Champion up off of Harvard/Richmond?

Do you see these through your membership? Or through Windmill GC or Club Champion up off of Harvard/Richmond?

He sees them through the Morgan Cup...And every participant getting a full bag of clubs : )

FT Forged TEC Black

FT Forged TEC Black

Here are the specs for FT Forged TEC Black.

Attachments

• FT.JPG
    FT.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 1
He sees them through the Morgan Cup...And every participant getting a full bag of clubs : )

OH crap. I totally forgot Pkorf was in the MC. It's what I get for quickly replying.

I want the One Length Set.

Back