Cobra KING Forged TEC Black Irons

anyone still gaming these ? Is Cobra going to discount these and or discontinue them ?
gb

I know they are having a great Black Friday deal on these right now, just not sure if that applies to single irons though (believe it it just for the full 7/8 iron sets).

Last edited:
anyone still gaming these ? Is Cobra going to discount these and or discontinue them ?
gb
Definitely still playing and loving these irons. Buck is right that they have discounted them for black Friday.

There's a lefty set on Ebay right now for a steal.

I'm still gaming them and shot a personal best on a course today. I haven't moved into the new Forged Tec yet as I haven't seen the need to with the way I'm hitting these.

Gaming these still, Such a great feel and the consistency in getting. Just fun to play with in the bag

I only had a chance to hit them of mats. How is the turf interaction ? I am more of a sweeper if prefer to take a shallow divot or none at all. I hope the are not diggers my old bones don't like that any more.
thanks g

Over the holidays I had a personal best score on a course and couldn't miss with the FTB's. I'm even finding confidence with the 5 iron. (I've struggled with long irons in the past). I hit a bunch of greens and my misses were minor and still gave me a chance at making par. The finish still looks great and I love the soft feel when I middle them. I've been able to play the ball a hair back and hit a more penetrating flight into the wind. I feel I have my swing under control and though I don't work the ball a ton I feel like I can hit the shots I need to score well. Plus, the gapping in the short irons haven't been an issue for me as they have for others. I don't anticipate these being replaced anytime soon unless Cobra finds a way to improve on irons in this profile.

How is the turf interaction with these irons ? Do they tend to dig at all ?
gb

How is the turf interaction with these irons ? Do they tend to dig at all ?
gb
It depends on how steep your swing is but I take healthy divots and have no problem with these. A larger profile (like the F9's) are more forgiving than these.

Sharing a favorite shot from my last round. I had the ball well below my feet and this is a shot I normally struggle with. I aimed left (expecting it to move right from that lie) and it went dead straight. I didn't care that I missed the green.. Was just so happy with the contract from that lie. Screenshot_20200120-235008.jpg

Back