Cobra KING Forged TEC Black Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing what MC participants pick these up. These look like a bit too much club for me, but I'm a big fan of the look of these, and the DBM finish seems like it should do very well for those that like the dark finish on their irons.

if the finish is anywhere close to my king forged pros, they will be stunning in hand, if I didn't have a new bag coming this Spring, that would be a ponder for sure

Cobra KING Forged TEC Black Irons

I'm looking forward to seeing what MC participants pick these up. These look like a bit too much club for me, but I'm a big fan of the look of these, and the DBM finish seems like it should do very well for those that like the dark finish on their irons.

If I’m lucky enough to get picked

Utility iron in 21-24 variable and 5-GW variable in these - i might be hard pressed though to go with king black wedges in the 50 spot though

These are incredible though

simply stunning. kft were excellent performers. i’m intrigued by the design changes they’ve made. and the dbm finish sounds like a real winner. i would game the heck out of these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clubs are high on the must try/want list this year. Love the color, finish is said to hold up well and Cobra Connect included...yes please! But why only 5-PW? Does that mean that if you want a 4i you have to go utility?

If I’m lucky enough to get picked

Utility iron in 21-24 variable and 5-GW variable in these - i might be hard pressed though to go with king black wedges in the 50 spot though

These are incredible though

I think these would be perfect for you. The originals were long; these with the thinner face getting higher ball speeds is noteworthy.

The stock shafts are also so solid.

Those just flat-out look mean. Love it.

I'm in lust with this set. I love the black finish and the changes they have made sound like it makes a killer performer. I'm really interested in the stock shaft offering as well and how they set up throughout the set. A combo of these irons and replacing my 4 hybrid with a utility iron are going to be a huge ponder this year.

Great read JB, lotsa great information. The utility irons got my attention for sure. There is something about blackened steel shafts that intrigue me and ooze coolness.

Great read JB, lotsa great information. The utility irons got my attention for sure. There is something about blackened steel shafts that intrigue me and ooze coolness.

Thank you Djack. It was fun to learn about these from their team.

the cobra connect is very cool as well, I like the idea of having that inside the grip, will there be a way to buy the grip at some point to retrofit my "old" cobra irons?

These are schweet looking irons! If they are as forgiving as they look, they just might be the answer.

So I mistakenly thought the Black was just a new color option, these are actually updated Forged Tech irons with newer tech. Bonus they are available LH with Recoil 760 ES SmacWraps shafts. Just went to top of my list to demo shortly. Good job Cobra!

These look so darn good and sound as though Cobra has engineered them to perfrom as well, if not better, than they look. I'm sure they will be in plenty of bags, hopefully including mine, at the Morgan Cup!

Thank you Djack. It was fun to learn about these from their team.

How many times did jos say murdered out when he talked about these? Lol

Absolutely love the look of these. Will definitely be demo'ing them when they come out.

So I mistakenly thought the Black was just a new color option, these are actually updated Forged Tech irons with newer tech. Bonus they are available LH with Recoil 760 ES SmacWraps shafts. Just went to top of my list to demo shortly. Good job Cobra!

yes, I tried the previous version and really liked them, I was afraid they would be a RH only option but they came through with this one

And the crowd goes wild!

These look amazing. Forged tech in black. So eye catching ... I can see a lot of people coming up to your bag ... "Hey what are those? "

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

New irons from Cobra Golf called KING Forged TEC Black. All of the details can be found on the THP home page here.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/cobra-king-forged-tec-black-irons-king-utility-black-irons/

I think if you're looking to go for One Length this is the year. With the KING Utility & F8 hybrids both in One Length you have everything you need to get the ball flight you desire in the longer irons.

With the AMT Black are they using progressive kick points for the irons or just all the same shaft? Do you know if there will be a KING Forged Pro and KING Forged Tour release for 2018?

Yup, those are amazing! I'm probably a season away from needing new irons but these are by far the leader in the clubhouse. I love the look and hearing how durable Cobra's black finish is has me VERY interested.

Wow, these are incredibly stunning and the tech behind them is quite awesome as well. There are some great stories behind these irons and they are in the top 3 of irons I need to try this year.

Oh man. These in OL would be very tempting!!

I'm a sucker for black finished irons and these are impressive. If I was looking for irons, these would be high on that list.

Back