Cobra KING Forged TEC Black Irons

I cannot wait to try these out, they look amazing, but tech packed as well!

Good looking sticks....I’m curious how the ball comes off these, in previous Cobra products I hit I always had too much spin and a very high ball flight

Man, those look nice. I'm really interested in the utility iron. The idea of something that is as pleasing and forgiving as Cobra's long irons have been for me with that finish is really exciting.

Great looks, tec, and throw in Utility Irons at the bottom end of the bag...Oh my! I'm surprised the Black Panther didn't have a set sitting in next to all the vibranium. These will be a hot ticket!

I'm super excited about these, the DBM finish looks awesome! I was always interested in the first iteration of the Forged TEC, but I never got the opportunity to hit those.

I'm also really glad they're going somewhere with the utility iron. I thought that was largely overlooked after its last release, I hope this one does better. With the shaft they're giving it, its hard to not put it on the "pondering" list

If you can't hit a long club and you haven't tried Cobra's vast collection of solutions for you, you must really not want to get better. Hybrids, utility irons (all in variable OR one length), baffler rails on fairway woods, all with adjustability. Cobra is absolutely killing it!

will be interesting to see how these shake out, with the new finish the main issue most have with black wedges and irons may not be such a big issue anymore.

I've been checking the forum and Cobra's website everyday waiting for this announcement. These irons look amazing.

I think if you're looking to go for One Length this is the year. With the KING Utility & F8 hybrids both in One Length you have everything you need to get the ball flight you desire in the longer irons.

With the AMT Black are they using progressive kick points for the irons or just all the same shaft? Do you know if there will be a KING Forged Pro and KING Forged Tour release for 2018?

That’s a negative Ghostrider. Jose said Rickie was happy so no change was coming.

aacceb17a9af4625e53f465ac22d55f2.jpg
5d26fd1d7d7b8508a40e6561aaac594d.jpg
fd51135f6ca2a13ef3843284a543577a.jpg
dba9c9b69c4cbdd650f27cc3ee4fc88f.jpg
0c361704f58fc30ddf2db992ae232a5b.jpg

Dang those are great looking! I really like the fact that Cobra is offering One Length in almost all of their iron models. It will be interesting to see how this particular model sells in the One Length offering.

Those are so damn awesome looking. Really nicely done.

That offset looks pretty good so far. Curious what they do with the lofts this year, I need to start building my fantasy bag and need more details!

Clubs are high on the must try/want list this year. Love the color, finish is said to hold up well and Cobra Connect included...yes please! But why only 5-PW? Does that mean that if you want a 4i you have to go utility?

I think they will be offering a 3/4 iron you would need to purchase separately

That offset looks pretty good so far. Curious what they do with the lofts this year, I need to start building my fantasy bag and need more details!

Agreed the offset is less than my gamers

Lofts are a bit stronger in the 5/6 than my gamers buy i can’t see it being an issue

Would love to swing them might be too much club for me but they sure look nice!

I didn't realize these were a new version of the Forged Tec, I assumed just a new finish. When I hit them they had a beautiful clean shape, excellent distance with forgiveness most golfers could play. I really like the prior version and these just look spectacular and I'll bet the performance will match the looks.

I don't know if I'm going to get new irons this year, but I know for sure I won't get any without hitting these first. They're so good looking. I have to confess that I don't know a thing about the shaft though.

Based on the pics, the tungsten weighting heel & toe is much less noticeable in this version. Wonder if they're in the sole or in the same spot?

Blown away by the aesthetics of this club. Cant wait to see it in person.

I keep thinking about these irons and a few things really have me curious.

- Stock AMT Shafts: While I have my own preferences with shafts I'm curious how the progressive design feels and works throughout the set.
- Cobra Connect: I had always been interested in an Arccos system throughout my bag and I love that this is standard. It could be a lot of fun to use it and track my stats and how I can use it to improve my game.
- Distance Increase: From what I'm gathering these clubs would probably give me a few yards over my current Forged Tours. That is something I would not be against at all and would be delivered in a nice sized package.

When you look at everything that is included in Cobra iron sets it makes them seem like such a complete package in the iron category.

Great article. I went to read it specifically to find out if anything has changed from the version they released in 2015...really really intrigued by these!

these are just stunning. the shaft was one i did not get along with in testing a different oem's head last year, but you never know it could perform vastly different for me this time around. i would hate to lose the incredible murdered out aesthetic by switching a shaft out.

seeing what moving to a more demanding iron has done to my game, i wouldn't blink twice before ordering the kft if i get into the 2018 morgan cup. hitting greens is the only way i can score, and i need some help with my inconsistent swing.

the kft check a lot of boxes.

Love those pics and if the launch, distance and spin all play out could be worth a look

Everything about these clubs seems amazing. It's probably good I just got a set of F8s or I'd be chasing these...and they look far too good for my current skill level.

Back