Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedges

I have a 48* Equalizer that I love. I never would’ve imagined that I could play a blade wedge in that loft but it’s probably my favorite club. I don’t know how they did it but these are really forgiving

I might pick one up to try against the PTx pro wedge. Really love the Equalizers so far, and full shots with them have been so easy to hit.

I might pick one up to try against the PTx pro wedge. Really love the Equalizers so far, and full shots with them have been so easy to hit.

If it’s working for me it would be a serious weapon in your hands. You’re slightly more skilled with wedges than I am

I almost feel like using these wedges is cheating. 1 full 54 and 2 full 58's today left me with 3 birdie putts no longer than 3 feet. They are so easy to flight up or down and control distances with. I was completely out of gas from the heat on the back 9 today and ball striking went to pot but chip shots with the Equalizers kept my score from ballooning.

I almost feel like using these wedges is cheating. 1 full 54 and 2 full 58's today left me with 3 birdie putts no longer than 3 feet. They are so easy to flight up or down and control distances with. I was completely out of gas from the heat on the back 9 today and ball striking went to pot but chip shots with the Equalizers kept my score from ballooning.

Sooooo easy to hit, I don't think I've bladed one full shot wedge yet and with the RTX-3 that was my "bad" miss when my swing was off.

Another round and another great day with the wedges. Hit 5 chip shots inside of 3 feet and once again they were great from 110 and in on full shots. I'm really starting to get used to them around the greens and it's been met with success. On the very first hole I lipped out my chip and it stopped about 6 inches away from the cup.

My black 56 and 60 show up on Tuesday. Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After one round, I love these wedges...
I’m going to post a full review as I get more rounds with them under my belt, but my first round impressions couldn’t be more complementary...

Received an email from BH Golf yesterday morning with a link for the UPS tracking # for the 3 wedges I ordered. Clicked on it today and it says "shipping label created". When I ordered the GS53 9* driver I got an email stating the shipping label had been created. Each day I clicked on the tracking # and no forwarding action was given. After 6 days I sent an email to BH Customer Support and got a response that the Hzdrous Smoke 5.5 shaft had just been delivered to them and the driver would be sent in 2 days. Just wondering why they sent that email on July 2nd that it had been shipped when in fact the shipment was held till the shaft was delivered 8 days later, then the driver was shipped 2 days later. An email stating the truth would have been nice.

Hope the same issue with my 3 wedges isn't the case.

Received an email from BH Golf yesterday morning with a link for the UPS tracking # for the 3 wedges I ordered. Clicked on it today and it says "shipping label created". When I ordered the GS53 9* driver I got an email stating the shipping label had been created. Each day I clicked on the tracking # and no forwarding action was given. After 6 days I sent an email to BH Customer Support and got a response that the Hzdrous Smoke 5.5 shaft had just been delivered to them and the driver would be sent in 2 days. Just wondering why they sent that email on July 2nd that it had been shipped when in fact the shipment was held till the shaft was delivered 8 days later, then the driver was shipped 2 days later. An email stating the truth would have been nice.

Hope the same issue with my 3 wedges isn't the case.
I had the same issue with my driver. It actually didn't ship until about a week after I received that message. All other orders, and there have been quite a few, shipped the day after I received that message. I inquired about it with the driver and received a response that made sense but honestly don't recall exactly what the issue was

These wedges are ridiculous! So fun! Throw it at the pin and watch it stop! Full, 3/4, pitch, chips, bunker shots....doesn't matter. Put several today inside of 5 feet. One of the easiest wedges to hit. In all transparency, I did catch a flier out of the rough today with my 54*. I kinda jumped on it because I thought the grass was going to slow the club head down...it didn't! Cut right through some cabbage today like a Ginsu! #makingcoleslaw

Got my 2 Black Eqs today and hit them tonight. 56 and 60. Simply fantastic. Got them with the KBS Tour 90 Stiff. The V soles work great for my digging tendency on full shots. Around the greens my only complaint is that I need to get used to hitting them closer to the hole on all shots, because they spin so well with the Srixon Z Stars. Gonna love having these in the bag.

After one round, I love these wedges...
I’m going to post a full review as I get more rounds with them under my belt, but my first round impressions couldn’t be more complementary...

How do these compare to your current wedges my man? I’m curious what stands out to you?

How do these compare to your current wedges my man? I’m curious what stands out to you?

I have 2 rounds and 1 range session with these wedges, and the one thing that stands out is turf interaction, the Hogan wedges are great in this area and I’m really enjoying them.

I have 2 rounds and 1 range session with these wedges, and the one thing that stands out is turf interaction, the Hogan wedges are great in this area and I’m really enjoying them.

Agree 100%.

The turf interaction is like no other wedge I've previously hit. I have zero concern about blading a wedge when I'm standing over it anymore.

Just got the 48*, 52* & 56* Equalizer wedges today. Beautiful, just gorgeous...............almost too beautiful to hit. But I will Monday. They replace the same lofts in the Vokey SM7 wedges.

7%2026%2019%20Hogan%20wedges%20a_zpsyjyogiwa.jpg

7%2026%2019%20Hogan%20wedges%20c_zpsna7kplsg.jpg

7%2026%2019%20Hogan%20wedges%20b_zpspwx7pdrc.jpg

We missed 3 greens in our scramble today and was able to show the guys how good these wedges are around the green. I lipped one out to 2 inches, put one to about a foot and the other to 3 feet. Saved our par on all 3.

After air mailing a TM wedge onto I-485...I think Pumbaa will have some Equalizers very soon! He hit them very well!

Got a little Trackman time with the Equalizers this week. I was super impressed to have multiple swings spinning above 10,000 with the majority of the shots spinning 12-13,000 RPM. Here's what I love about these wedges. There's a handful of shots that are carry xxx yards, and spin back with a shorter total distance for negative 2-3 yards, that is impressive to me. The lower spinning shots are landing and rolling forward that far. At $100 it's hard to believe there is a better wedge on the market. I want to add, I had some severely short shots that flew 90yds, and one I thinned to 160yds, but I LOVE that it all averaged out 124yds. That is what I would normally play my SW to. I'm as inconsistent as anyone. I'm going to hit short or thin on the course, but the majority of the time, in going to play my 54* to 120-125yds.
e02303fb39b3a44d839d3faf16d6198f.jpg
95a31c2e63b018ed05d85678ebde5c7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Equalizer is definitely living up to the name! When's the last time a club was just fun to hit?! The 58 definitely becoming one of my favorite clubs! It's just point and shoot.

Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedges

Mine (56 and 60 Black with Tour 90 Stiff) were awesome today. I chipped in with the 56 to save bogey after an OB tee shot (GS53 driver), then hit the lob wedge from 60 yards that literally stopped on the side of the hole for a birdie on the next (first pic), and followed it up with a beauty 85 uphill 56 SW to 5 feet for another birdie on the next (2nd pic). Another birdie 3 holes later set up with a nice LW approach. A number of other good full and partial shots along the way. Amazing wedges.

d7c3d50c3150eca7c493986dc836ac31.jpg
9ca2817ffbdfa537c2f065753c6b077e.jpg

Last edited:
Mine (56 and 60 Black with Tour 90 Stiff) were awesome today. I chipped in with the 56 to save bogey after an OB tee shot (GS53 driver), then hit the lob wedge from 60 yards that literally stopped on the side of the hole for a birdie on the next, and followed it up with a beauty 85 uphill 56 SW to 5 feet for another birdie on the next. Another birdie 3 holes later set up with a nice LW approach. A number of other good full and partial shots along the way. Amazing wedges.

That's awesome! They really are the easiest wedges I've ever hit.

These wedges are ridiculous! So fun! Throw it at the pin and watch it stop! Full, 3/4, pitch, chips, bunker shots....doesn't matter. Put several today inside of 5 feet. One of the easiest wedges to hit. In all transparency, I did catch a flier out of the rough today with my 54*. I kinda jumped on it because I thought the grass was going to slow the club head down...it didn't! Cut right through some cabbage today like a Ginsu! #makingcoleslaw

Got to use Jb's on a shot from about 30 yards out the 58*, nice sold swing felt great at contact and stopped about 7 feet from the hole. These will be replacing my ATV wedges...JB and Johan got to see why coming out of the bunker and I thinned a 58* about 120 yards smh

First round and hit all 3 Equalizer wedges, 48*,52* & 56*. Stunning results. Felt like butter, great impact feel with hit, hop & stop results. Hit one full 52* wedge that hit, one bounce and spun back 5 ft.

All I can say about the Hogan Equalizer wedges is just plain awesome. Can't wait till tomorrow and hit these beauties again.

I'm glad these wedges are finally gaining the traction with THPers that they deserve!

Back