Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedges

Going to run with the 56 and 60 right now in these. Love what they are giving me and will drop some Recoil Protos in there to have a more similar feel with my irons.

Going to run with the 56 and 60 right now in these. Love what they are giving me and will drop some Recoil Protos in there to have a more similar feel with my irons.

My PTxPro have the Recoil Shafts as does my 50* Eq. I demoed the 56 with the Recoil and did NOT like it. I went with the Tour 90 Stiff in the 56 and 60 and asked them to build both at D5 and couldn’t be happier. I get more feel on the touch shots around the greens with a bit more overall and head weight compared to the graphite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My PTxPro have the Recoil Shafts as does my 50* Eq. I demoed the 56 with the Recoil and did NOT like it. I went with the Tour 90 Stiff in the 56 and 60 and asked them to build both at D5 and couldn’t be happier. I get more feel on the touch shots around the greens with a bit more overall and head weight compared to the graphite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different Recoils, but you have to go with what you like.

Got a set of 52/56/60 arriving tomorrow with recoil 780's. I am beyond excited. Will update with my thoughts next week after i get some time on the course with them.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. These have been exceptional for several of us!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 rounds with these wedges and I'm blown away by the stopping power of them. After a shot and see the results on the greens, I look at the face of the wedge and the grooves looking for small teeth.....but all I see is grooves. Amazing results. I expected good from a Ben Hogan product, but not awesome results.

Got a set of 52/56/60 arriving tomorrow with recoil 780's. I am beyond excited. Will update with my thoughts next week after i get some time on the course with them.

I'm gaming move with those shafts as well, the feel is awesome and the results have been great

Initial impressions are quite good. I'm glad I went with Recoil 780. These blend way better into my Apex 19 with catalyst shafts. I'm really digging the look at address on these. Hit few short chips in carpeted hallway at home and they feel really good, not explosive but confident it's gonna go how far you want. Only thing I do not like are the grips, gonna get some z Grips installed. Can't wait to take them out on the course this weekend. Haven't gamed a long wedge in a while. Should be interesting.

Shot an 83 today at my home course, these wedges are so good I am having to retrain my point of aim. Before now I was going towards the hole and hoping for good results. Now I'm going AT the hole and disappointed at lesser results. Point and aim..so good.

Just got them regripped with GP Z Grip and man, they feel effortless to swing. Am noticing with chipping at home how well these spin and check up.

I can't say enough good things about these wedges. Got out today for 18 and it wasn't one of my best iron days but when I was missing I was not too far off line, so I got to use my 54 quite a bit around the greens today. I got up and down 5 times in the first 6 holes. Shot 38 on the front 9 with only 2 GIR; the wedges were awesome for me today and kept me in the round and gave me a lot of confidence.

I pulled off a golf shot today that I just never have had the confidence to pull off before. #1 at home course is tree lined on the left separating #1 & #3. There is one tree on the right. One. Pull my GS53 driver off the tee, and I'm sitting about 8' from the overhanging branches of a pine tree. The tree is sitting between me and the green and the ball is so close if I punch out, I'm sitting above the hole putting down hill. If I punch out to the left, I'm sitting 40 yards down in the middle of the fairway. Never before now would I feel enough confidence to pull my 50*, open it up and try to flop over this 20'pine. The thought entered my mind as the play I had to do. Plus it was just me, so I had nothing to lose. Make the swing, the ball easily clears the tree, lands on the green and settles. Confidence inspiring.
4ed69130ffeb38af303bbfa4c151f12c.jpg
b3aedf0a6e5f58e8f1f0e73139e11c81.jpg
38bd77b9768f98a779a2f99eb103a2a7.jpg

Thanks for all the comments. I had seen an add for the wedges early this year but never really went in on them as my RTX3's were doing pretty well. Fast forward to this time and my 56° has just had it. To start off I bought it used, but it was in decent shape. But it's my go-to to start my range sessions starting from short pitches to full swings. PLUS I had a lot of trouble with full swings on wedges so I spent 3 days in a row at the range mainly working on those to where now they're my favorite shots. But, now the grooves on the club are just worn down completely. So much so that getting any kind of spin back or hop and stop is a no-go unless I flight it super high. So, after playing a round with a bunch of front pins I decided it was time to get something new. And before I spent the money on a new RTX4 or Mizuno S18 (I play Mizuno MP irons so I was really wanting that soft forged feel) I decided to check out the Ben Hogan again. I was still apprehensive so I looked up reviews and found this thread. And needless to say I'm now eagerly awaiting my new Ben Hogan Equalizer 56°. And if it plays as well as I hope, once my 52° wears out a bit more I'll be ordering a black Equalizer as well.

Thanks for all the comments. I had seen an add for the wedges early this year but never really went in on them as my RTX3's were doing pretty well. Fast forward to this time and my 56° has just had it. To start off I bought it used, but it was in decent shape. But it's my go-to to start my range sessions starting from short pitches to full swings. PLUS I had a lot of trouble with full swings on wedges so I spent 3 days in a row at the range mainly working on those to where now they're my favorite shots. But, now the grooves on the club are just worn down completely. So much so that getting any kind of spin back or hop and stop is a no-go unless I flight it super high. So, after playing a round with a bunch of front pins I decided it was time to get something new. And before I spent the money on a new RTX4 or Mizuno S18 (I play Mizuno MP irons so I was really wanting that soft forged feel) I decided to check out the Ben Hogan again. I was still apprehensive so I looked up reviews and found this thread. And needless to say I'm now eagerly awaiting my new Ben Hogan Equalizer 56°. And if it plays as well as I hope, once my 52° wears out a bit more I'll be ordering a black Equalizer as well.

I think many would agree you made a great choice. The Rtx-3 I had before, I thought were the greatest wedges ever made. They are good, but these spin off the charts. Congrats on your new purchase!

I was coming from the RTX-3 as well and thought I was set on wedges for a long time until I hit these. From full shots to half and everything around the green, I absolutely love these wedges.

I played the Mizuno S5 (predecessor to S18) wedges prior to the Equalizers and thought they were the greatest wedges ever made. I mainly always played Mizuno wedges because they were forged unlike most other wedges on the market. After about 2 rounds with the Equalizers, I no longer missed the S5's. I think you will be very happy with your purchase. I am now on my 2nd set of Equalizer 54 and 58 degree wedges. The first set is still very usable and effective after about 200 rounds just wanted those lofts with the black finish.

Yeah I was also considering a new Mizuno t7 where I could find them since the t20's are about to release and they should be even cheaper, plus I really love the blue ion color they have for their wedges. But this Hogan seems pretty awesome.

I do have a question though, I placed my order this last Thursday (the 1st) and it still shows "unfulfilled." Do you know how long the wait on these are at the moment?

I played the Mizuno S5 (predecessor to S18) wedges prior to the Equalizers and thought they were the greatest wedges ever made. I mainly always played Mizuno wedges because they were forged unlike most other wedges on the market. After about 2 rounds with the Equalizers, I no longer missed the S5's. I think you will be very happy with your purchase. I am now on my 2nd set of Equalizer 54 and 58 degree wedges. The first set is still very usable and effective after about 200 rounds just wanted those lofts with the black finish.

S5 was a fantastic wedge. Still my my blue ion set.

Yeah I was also considering a new Mizuno t7 where I could find them since the t20's are about to release and they should be even cheaper, plus I really love the blue ion color they have for their wedges. But this Hogan seems pretty awesome.

I do have a question though, I placed my order this last Thursday (the 1st) and it still shows "unfulfilled." Do you know how long the wait on these are at the moment?
It's usually a week or 2 depending on volume of sales. I'd say give to the middle of the week and then, I'd call customer support.

These wedges continue to perform for me. I can pretty much hit any shot I want. I don’t worry about duffing pitches or blading them over the green. I’m still struggling getting the ball close to the hole. That’s me though and not the wedges. I’m a 22 so it’s to be expected. These are the easiest to hit wedges I’ve played. Even my toe miss isn’t punished and I’m still not sure how they made a forgiving blade wedge

Okay, first day on course went quite well. Still adjusting to overall lighter shafts and v sole. So easy to hit out of a bunker. Only area I struggled was chipping on tight lies. I tended to thin those chips a bit due to the v sole but I'm not blaming it at all. It's me adjusting to them. Hit few full shots with the 52 from 105 and it stopped quick. Getting real good check up on greens. Overall I'm loving them, just need for more rounds to adjust.

Okay, first day on course went quite well. Still adjusting to overall lighter shafts and v sole. So easy to hit out of a bunker. Only area I struggled was chipping on tight lies. I tended to thin those chips a bit due to the v sole but I'm not blaming it at all. It's me adjusting to them. Hit few full shots with the 52 from 105 and it stopped quick. Getting real good check up on greens. Overall I'm loving them, just need for more rounds to adjust.

do you think that the wedge just isn't getting low enough to the ground?

I play a wedge with a similar sole design and I haven't had that problem at all.

I'm not 100% sure as I haven't used these with a launch monitor. Could be just lighter weight with recoils vs Nippon modus I had in my old set I'm just delivering a little quicker and flickier. But beyond that after adjusting to amount of spin, they are very consistent almost like point and shoot.

Back