Ping G400 Max Driver Review

Haha you'll get there.. Bring both for the next golf cave outing and out them head to head!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I couldn't resist the TaylorMade 150% trade in credit so the M1 was traded in along with several other clubs to get an M6 3wood and M5 driver. The M5 driver has been sitting unopened in my garage but I think, to your point, it's time to give the max some inspiration to perform better by threatening it with another club! haha. The last driver I hit with any semblance of control was the SLDR of all things.

But more importantly, yes, more Golf Cave!

I couldn't resist the TaylorMade 150% trade in credit so the M1 was traded in along with several other clubs to get an M6 3wood and M5 driver. The M5 driver has been sitting unopened in my garage but I think, to your point, it's time to give the max some inspiration to perform better by threatening it with another club! haha. The last driver I hit with any semblance of control was the SLDR of all things.

But more importantly, yes, more Golf Cave!
Ah that's right you mentioned the m5. Hopefully it performs for you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

F9 and Flash are getting three more weeks, if it doesn’t jive, I’m finding another Max head and going back until the TM event.

The confidence I had in this club is something I shouldn’t have strayed from.

F9 and Flash are getting three more weeks, if it doesn’t jive, I’m finding another Max head and going back until the TM event.

The confidence I had in this club is something I shouldn’t have strayed from.

I kind of miss mine too. Have you tried the 410?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of miss mine too. Have you tried the 410?

Nope, haven’t had the chance.

Plus, it’s a massive step back visually to me.

Nope, haven’t had the chance.

Plus, it’s a massive step back visually to me.

Hmmm I don’t mind it - sound and feels are better to me, but I wish I’d kept my max so I could hit them side by side.

Hmmm I don’t mind it - sound and feels are better to me, but I wish I’d kept my max so I could hit them side by side.

My Max feel wise was a different beast.

#Hotmelt

My Max feel wise was a different beast.

#Hotmelt

I had a hotmelted digitally lofted 12* at one point, felt awesome, just launched too high.

Resurrecting an Old thread but upgraded my 2017 M2 to the G400 Max and instantly had one of my best driving days in a long time. I grabbed it off the used rack and it had a BiMatrix Prototype 70g Stiff shaft (will probably change that) but as is, it was super stable and saw amazing results with it yesterday. So much so, snagged this on Par 5 yesterday...

147b61680691ec6a12968021ea1bab81.jpg

I know alot guys still playing the G400 Max.

I’ve been looking for awhile and finally found a “like new” 9* Max at an awesome price to go against my 10.5*. Looking forward to bringing my launch down so we’ll see.

B0550ABF-4B7E-46AD-8035-2B24D3BD868A.jpeg

I thought I had found a replacement for my 9* G400 Max. But the G400 is back in the bag. I am crushing it and positioning tee shots over and over. Crazy good driver. My confidence with it is off the charts. I'll keep looking for the next one, but for now the G400 Max is firmly entrenched in my bag.

I think I may have finally tamed my G400 Max. I wanted to try and give it another go in my bag to see if I wanted to keep it over my Rogue. Since I'm never had a club that tried to hook on me as much as this one has, I feel I've made some swing and tempo changes for the better along with lofting it down to 9.5. I had a couple of bad swings and a couple of sky balls that were high on the face. They didn't carry as well but did find fairways. Outside of those I was dropping Phil bombs in comparison to what I normally have been able to do. There seems to still be hope for me with this club. Outside of my terrible swings it absolutely was a fairway finder for me last night.

I had a hotmelted digitally lofted 12* at one point, felt awesome, just launched too high.

Oh wow. I talked to my local fitter and he said ping couldn’t guarantee a 12* for me in the neutral setting so we never pursued it.
How did you go about ordering a 12* ? And was this digitally lofted at 12* in the neutral setting or large plus ?
Did the face seemed more closed than normal bring it was higher than normal 10.5* loft ?

wished I knew you had this. Would have loved to buy it from you.

This driver continues to be my best club purchase ever. I spent an hour at the range yesterday. First time I picked up a club since April 28. Hit driver seven times. Played nine after work today and hit 6/7 fairways, and the miss was in the first cut, AND I used it to drive the green on a 227 yard Par 3. I’m not long - my average was 222 - but all this thing does is find fairways

This driver continues to be my best club purchase ever. I spent an hour at the range yesterday. First time I picked up a club since April 28. Hit driver seven times. Played nine after work today and hit 6/7 fairways, and the miss was in the first cut, AND I used it to drive the green on a 227 yard Par 3. I’m not long - my average was 222 - but all this thing does is find fairways
What tees you playing ? 227 par 3 :oops:

Don't think I've had a driver stay in the bag this long. When was Max introduced? 2017? Had the 400 (no max) before that.

Just stays in bag - tried the 410 - but the visual bothered me.

Waiting for next Ping since I like the TPT Red shaft and don't want to change out the adapter... But Max may have a long life.

I play it at 9 degrees and launch about 16 deg. That's with a 90-92 speed. Ball usually goes high because I tee high. Will tee lower and see what happens

Last edited:
What tees you playing ? 227 par 3 :oops:

Whites, believe it or not., It is the longest of the three nines, with three par fives. It is the least played of the three, which is why it was open last evening. You can see the white tees on the red nine are 3119. The 227 was measured by rangefinder.

IMG_1158.PNG

Last edited:
Back