Ping G400 Max Driver Review

I think 44.5" is where I will end up. I am loving the club, but can't wait to get the full hotmelt treatment.

I think 44.5" is where I will end up. I am loving the club, but can't wait to get the full hotmelt treatment.
It sounds so good now.

Definitely gamer.

The hotmelt did everything I hoped for the sound and then some, and it's a flat out hammer now (literally swing weight wise).

Hitting so well I can t make myself pull the COOOL 7X for the PUNCH 7X

Can you do tuna melt??

Tomorrow is demo night at the golf course and Ping is my first stop for the G400. The feedback in this thread is very useful. Thanks.

First swings with the Ping G400 driver tonight. We had chilly and windy conditions for demo day. I went to the Ping area during a lull in the action and spent extra time talking to the rep about their products. He's a great representative for Ping. We talked about their shaft options for a while. I knew Ping engineered custom shafts to work with their heads. However, I didn't know UST was their supplier. That was a huge plus, in my opinion.

I tried a couple of heads and several different shafts. We landed on G400, 10*, 45" length with a Tour 65 stiff shaft. I'd like to try this driver setup again when it warm outside! Underdressed for 50* and windy is no bueno.

So, short 378 yard par 4 today, but, if you hit it high enough you can cut it down considerable by taking it OVER the bend in the hole. 278 middle. I ended up on and on the middle.

The COOOL is staying in. PUNCH is headed for a fairway.

So, short 378 yard par 4 today, but, if you hit it high enough you can cut it down considerable by taking it OVER the bend in the hole. 278 middle. I ended up on and on the middle.

The COOOL is staying in. PUNCH is headed for a fairway.

Max / Coool is such an amazing combo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max / Coool is such an amazing combo!

Its a lot of fun. Its not typical for me to consistently hit a driver high, with this setup, I can.

Its a lot of fun. Its not typical for me to consistently hit a driver high, with this setup, I can.

What loft are you playing it at James?

Straight up 10.5

Nice. You're definitely swinging faster than I am, but question (probable skim warning): How did the spin numbers compare with the Rogue? Same shafts?

Nice. You're definitely swinging faster than I am, but question (probable skim warning): How did the spin numbers compare with the Rogue? Same shafts?
I saw about 150-250 rpm more. Not near as much as some have apparently seen, but, I've not seen as much out of it overall compared to a lot of drivers as some have.

green light jonD

Still really happy with this driver. Keeps me in play when I suck. Today the swing was on so splitting fairways. Even hit a couple right off the bottom.

Oh this driver.

So, I played 72 today and while I was dialed in most of the time, it was the misses that again had me just smiling. The high toe miss in particular is hilarious because the length is wild.

I know some roll their eyes at continued positivity, but, it's the best all around driver FOR ME AND MY GAME that I have put into play. Reality is, it's addicting. It's long. It's forgiving. And its flat out fun.

Continue to be surprised by what I can get away with, with this one.

Plus, as I've fixed my AoA, I'm hitting some towering drives at 10.5, and today played a.... Wait for it..... Wait........

Draw!

Still need to make this happen...

Can't wait to whack this with an evenflow blue. Next scheduled round of golf isn't until the 23rd! Ahhh!

Oh this driver.

So, I played 72 today and while I was dialed in most of the time, it was the misses that again had me just smiling. The high toe miss in particular is hilarious because the length is wild.

I know some roll their eyes at continued positivity, but, it's the best all around driver FOR ME AND MY GAME that I have put into play. Reality is, it's addicting. It's long. It's forgiving. And its flat out fun.

AGREED! I’m 100% onboard the G400 Max train. I’m even more excited to see how it performs with the Tensei CK Pro Orange. I predict BOMBS!!!

AGREED! I’m 100% onboard the G400 Max train. I’m even more excited to see how it performs with the Tensei CK Pro Orange. I predict BOMBS!!!
It's obnoxiously good.

Another two really good rounds with this yesterday. The setup is just killer for me, high, and easy. With the COOOL 7X I can really get after it too. And God bless hotmelt.

Coolest thing is the comfort has lead to more work and more work has lead to a better swing and I'm hitting it with a positive AoA now, not super positive, but enough that I'm hitting 13-14 degree launches consistently on AVERAGE, which is a huge deal for me.

Wickedly forgiving too.

Continue to love this club. I didn't have my best driver swing yesterday, but I was consistently out-driving my buddy who has always been much longer than me. On the par 5 15th, he hit his best drive of the day. I then piped one down the middle 35 yards farther. His response, "My driver must be broken..." :laughing:

Ping G400 Max Driver Review

Continue to love this club. I didn't have my best driver swing yesterday, but I was consistently out-driving my buddy who has always been much longer than me. On the par 5 15th, he hit his best drive of the day. I then piped one down the middle 35 yards farther. His response, "My driver must be broken..." :laughing:

Doesn’t get much more fun than that!

Loving on my Max setup too. The Rogue 130 seems to be very nice and consistent.

Last edited:
Back