Ping G400 Max Driver Review

Are they?

I’m a 112 guy with a metric **** ton of swings on mine with not one iota of an issue.

I’m 90 and broken 3 so far.
Just kidding.

I was just being facetious based on the Internet banter regarding them.

If they are good enough for Dechambizzle they are probably fine. I can’t see him using anything that is not structurally sound.

I’m just not big on high dollar shafts. I’m gaming a $9.99 FGS+ shaft and somehow managed to post my personal best FIR average to date (73%). Go figure.

I put the stock Alta shaft back in today in Reg flex. (I had a stiff flex in) Took a few holes to adjust but got some great results afterwards. I managed to go 10/14 fairways today. Misses where all playable but one so pretty happy with that.

This driver is just pretty damn good for me. Another day, another driver taken on head to head with the Max still standing.

With the 410 being as....well....initially ugly as it is to me based on the sole pics we have seen, this one really might make it another year in the bag. Just #ScrewFace and the F9 left to test against it.

This driver is just pretty damn good for me. Another day, another driver taken on head to head with the Max still standing.

Who was the latest victim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who was the latest victim?

Cortex with a different shaft setup.

Feel is there in spades, but I get more gear effect off the cortex. Max just stays in play.

Being honest, I think the F9 and the 785 with a different shaft will be its biggest challengers.

Cortex with a different shaft setup.

Feel is there in spades, but I get more gear effect off the cortex. Max just stays in play.

Being honest, I think the F9 and the 785 with a different shaft will be its biggest challengers.

I really hope I can find the F9 tour or whatever they are calling the shortened 10.5 with two heavy weights to demo. I’m going to hit g410, flash, and the f9, but that’s the config I could most see liking similarly to the max.

I really hope I can find the F9 tour or whatever they are calling the shortened 10.5 with two heavy weights to demo. I’m going to hit g410, flash, and the f9, but that’s the config I could most see liking similarly to the max.

Given how well I hit this, it’s the first driver I’ve ever been tempted to just leave in the spot a year after it’s release. That’s wild.

Given how well I hit this, it’s the first driver I’ve ever been tempted to just leave in the spot a year after it’s release. That’s wild.
I have a driver fitting scheduled for March, and am anxiously awaiting the Flash release, but no matter what, I'll be keeping the G400 Max. Before I herniated a disc, this driver gave me by far the best two driving months of my life. Long and in the short stuff all damn day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

one really bad swing with this today that was totally my fault. other than that, lots of just mildly bad swings that resulted in fairway after fairway. even threaded some somewhat tight driving windows. this driver continues to be crazy impressive. there are two new releases for 2019 that have my eye, but i don't see how this can be beaten for its insane amount of forgiveness and consistency.

Hit this driver on a GCQuad the other day. I tried the Tour 65S shaft set at 8.4* and I couldn't miss a fairway.
This driver was silly the entire round. I could set up and just freely swing this driver the entire time and it would just go dead straight.

I hate that I even tried this driver out. It's addicting to hit so many fairways.

one really bad swing with this today that was totally my fault. other than that, lots of just mildly bad swings that resulted in fairway after fairway. even threaded some somewhat tight driving windows. this driver continues to be crazy impressive. there are two new releases for 2019 that have my eye, but i don't see how this can be beaten for its insane amount of forgiveness and consistency.

Here the comment, replied for the nice handle change!

Hit this driver on a GCQuad the other day. I tried the Tour 65S shaft set at 8.4* and I couldn't miss a fairway.
This driver was silly the entire round. I could set up and just freely swing this driver the entire time and it would just go dead straight.

I hate that I even tried this driver out. It's addicting to hit so many fairways.

It’s so all around solid it’s silly.

Still trying to find one of these on the cheap, cant even find just the head...uggh

Still trying to find one of these on the cheap, cant even find just the head...uggh
Yep, they are holding their price well. I was so close NYE, fell asleep before the deed could be done.
There was one with a hrzdus yellow that looked good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yep, they are holding their price well. I was so close NYE, fell asleep before the deed could be done.
There was one with a hrzdus yellow that looked good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

buy the head from mike. or reach out to will.

I need to go hit it side by side with the Rogue SZ and see if there is any real difference, same thing with the new callaway I want to see some difference besides just new and shiny (which has worked before of course).

But you are boring with the Max, fairway, fairway, fairway, etc. bleh

11/14 fairways today. Its a keeper.

Confidence creates results

Confidence creates results

For sure! I had the same results yesterday complete and total confidence, even had some nice baby draws and fades. This club cannot be topped IMO.

Even if I pickup a new driver this year (which is likely), the Max is going nowhere.

Last edited:
Even if I pickup a new driver this year (which is likely), the Max is going nowhere.

I'll be doing some testing in a couple weeks when the 785 gets in, going to be a good battle.

Mine has fended off a LOT of current drivers so far, a LOT, and it hasn’t been for lack of effort of me trying to beat this out. I do think the TPT is part of the equation for me because it really just took the Max to another level, but, every time a club gets close to being the victor, it stumbles down the stretch.

Two more challengers in the F9 that it here and also what may turn out to be the Max’s greatest nemesis to go. And if it beats those then maybe a mizzy 190 throwdown for grins.

All in all, advantage still to the Max.

Mine has fended off a LOT of current drivers so far, a LOT, and it hasn’t been for lack of effort of me trying to beat this out. I do think the TPT is part of the equation for me because it really just took the Max to another level, but, every time a club gets close to being the victor, it stumbles down the stretch.

Two more challengers in the F9 that it here and also what may turn out to be the Max’s greatest nemesis to go. And if it beats those then maybe a mizzy 190 throwdown for grins.

All in all, advantage still to the Max.

Sorry, aside from F9 what’s other one you are putting it up against ?

Back