Ping G400 Max Driver Review

I'm going to hit the new one as soon as I can (better fit and really gotta get my spin down) and I'd be willing to sell it for whatever the trade value is maybe a little less. I'd rather you have it than a store thats gonna make a lot of money off of it

I'm going to hit the new one as soon as I can (better fit and really gotta get my spin down) and I'd be willing to sell it for whatever the trade value is maybe a little less. I'd rather you have it than a store thats gonna make a lot of money off of it

This was meant to be a response to Dean

I'm going to be fitted for either a 400 max or 410 plus...any opinions? I'm only swinging around 95 mph...stiff?
Thanks for any input.

I'm going to be fitted for either a 400 max or 410 plus...any opinions? I'm only swinging around 95 mph...stiff?
Thanks for any input.

Since you are getting fitted, Id wait and see how you hit both and let the fitter and numbers figure it out

Thanks for any input.

I swing about 97 MPH and was fitted by the Ping Van in the Ping Tour 65 Reg >>G400 Max 10.5. The Ping Tour shaft plays stiffer than the Alta.

I swing about 97 MPH and was fitted by the Ping Van in the Ping Tour 65 Reg >>G400 Max 10.5. The Ping Tour shaft plays stiffer than the Alta.

Yep. I usually swing mid-90s and went stiff in the Alta, but I would have been reg in the Tour shaft.

Thanks for any input.

stiffness is often more about transition than it is swing speed. and there is no standard against which to measure stiffness. one shaft's stiff flex will play softer than another, and vice versa. really the only way to know is to test, and go with the fitter's recommendation.

the max is currently out of the bag, but i will put it back in at some point to test against the speedback. the max is just so much freaking fun, and insanely forgiving.

Thanks for any input.

Just curious, who (or what sort of business ) is doing the fitting?

Probably Golf Galaxy. Good or bad?

Oh, I wouldn't really know. I've had 2 driver fittings, one from Ping themselves and they were useless, a waste. I had an iron fitting here in Melbourne FL at an independent retailer with two well equipped hitting bays, Moon Golf, and that fitting was pretty good.

Thanks for any input.

You may prefer the setup of the 410 head over the Max. Also, the stock 410 Alta Shaft has better feel than the G400 stock shaft. The weights may or may not help, depending on your miss.

I shoudl also mention in here Ive acquired a max and will get to take it out at the gathering in Charleston for the first time

I shoudl also mention in here Ive acquired a max and will get to take it out at the gathering in Charleston for the first time

i saw that, and i'm pumped for you. the thing i found so amazing about the max when i went to my fitting a couple weeks ago is that my ott path was the same among all clubs, face angle pretty much the same, swing speed pretty much the same, yet no other club could keep the ball starting and staying straight like the max. i could hear the confusion in the fitter's voice, like "why is this club working so well and we can't figure out how to get any of the others to work?"

it's a special club. like pancake makeup for a golf swing.

i saw that, and i'm pumped for you. the thing i found so amazing about the max when i went to my fitting a couple weeks ago is that my ott path was the same among all clubs, face angle pretty much the same, swing speed pretty much the same, yet no other club could keep the ball starting and staying straight like the max. i could hear the confusion in the fitter's voice, like "why is this club working so well and we can't figure out how to get any of the others to work?"

it's a special club. like pancake makeup for a golf swing.

no doubt, I took some indoor swings with the Flash and the Max and saw the same, the max salvaged my sweet garbage swing better than the Flash which made it easier to pull the trigger.

Now just gotta sell my SFT head

As to real world yardage and fairways, I did a heckuva lot better with the Max than with other drivers. I won't name the not-so-innocent. Ping seems to make a driver that stays in play more often and offers surprise real world yardage. It may not be the longest, but it seems to produce the desired results.

Glad you found one, that will get you some lower scores this year.

Thanks!

no doubt, I took some indoor swings with the Flash and the Max and saw the same, the max salvaged my sweet garbage swing better than the Flash which made it easier to pull the trigger.

Now just gotta sell my SFT head

this driver is good, i actually started thinking i was turning a corner with my driver swing. then i hit other drivers and it exposed me for the fraud that i am lol

this driver is good, i actually started thinking i was turning a corner with my driver swing. then i hit other drivers and it exposed me for the fraud that i am lol

Some good stuff there.

I love my F9. Love. Adore even, going to game it all year.

That said, there is ONE other driver I have hit that is G400 Max forgiving, and that was the PXG XF.

Most "in-play" head I have ever used.

This thread makes me sad because I have a max and have honestly not found it to be any more forgiving then my prior driver ('17 M1). Sad because it means that my driver swing is so terrible that even the max can't fix it while it seemingly helps everyone else.

This thread makes me sad because I have a max and have honestly not found it to be any more forgiving then my prior driver ('17 M1). Sad because it means that my driver swing is so terrible that even the max can't fix it while it seemingly helps everyone else.
Haha you'll get there.. Bring both for the next golf cave outing and out them head to head!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back