Srixon Z 585 Irons and Z 785 Irons

I am in the same boat as @tenputt. I have played both sets and prefer the 585's. I pretty much echo his comparison of the two sets . I feel the 585's are more forgiving and feel better to me. I enjoyed both sets but the Srixons will be in the bag for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m with both of you. The 585 have a super soft feel at impact.

I am in the same boat as @tenputt. I have played both sets and prefer the 585's. I pretty much echo his comparison of the two sets . I feel the 585's are more forgiving and feel better to me. I enjoyed both sets but the Srixons will be in the bag for a while

Thank you guess the Rogue Pros will be FS in the coming days!

My GIR is up in the last month with the 585s. And for the first time in two months the handicap rise has stopped. Really impressed with the cold weather distance too.

I have the Rogue Pro’s at the moment. I have hit the 585s, really liked those irons. Just waiting on the new Apex’s to make a decision on a possible iron replacement. Thanks for the feedback.

I have the Rogue Pro’s at the moment. I have hit the 585s, really liked those irons. Just waiting on the new Apex’s to make a decision on a possible iron replacement. Thanks for the feedback.

That was the closest iron for me to compare was the Rogue Pro. Very similar to me and I really liked both sets.

I feel Srixon has really gained ground on iron performance in the market. You just hear nothing but positive out of people with them in the bag. I know the times I seen someone have the 65 series in the bag I would ask him how they like them and it was always awesome.

That was the closest iron for me to compare was the Rogue Pro. Very similar to me and I really liked both sets.

The Rogue Pros are really good Irons, I think that I miss the softer feel of the Apex CF16s, I hit the 585s and they felt softer than the Rogue Pros. I believe that the softer feel makes them seem more forgiving, although the dispersion in the Sim was nearly the same.

The Rogue Pros are really good Irons, I think that I miss the softer feel of the Apex CF16s, I hit the 585s and they felt softer than the Rogue Pros. I believe that the softer feel makes them seem more forgiving, although the dispersion in the Sim was nearly the same.

I think the Rogue Pros feel super soft to me. Limited time with them thought.

The 785 really are the lookers of the tandem, imo.

The 785 really are the lookers of the tandem, imo.
This is 100% true.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This is 100% true.

I'd be lying though if I said the 585 didn't interest me more this year than in past 500-series iron releases. Can't really say why though.

I'd be lying though if I said the 585 didn't interest me more this year than in past 500-series iron releases. Can't really say why though.
They're surprisingly long and even though I think they looked better last year, the forgiveness is better this year.

The graphics aren't THAT bad but not desirable. They are awesome though........

My 585's arrived a few days ago and I have had 2 range sessions. Very impressed with what I am seeing so far. Might play Thursday but definitely playing Sunday and I am looking forward to getting them on the course

Did you order direct from Srixon? I order a week ago and just wondering how long it takes for them to complete an order.

Did you order direct from Srixon? I order a week ago and just wondering how long it takes for them to complete an order.

I did order direct from Srixon. A few heads were backordered so my build took 3 weeks. When I ordered a set of 565's when they came out they were built in a day and were in my bag in less than a week so if everything is in stock they're turnaround is really quick.

They are long!!! They feel good, consistent distances when I was on monitor last weekend. They will be in the bag in December.

I love love love my 765's. For whatever reason, the 785 don't do it for me from a shelf appeal view compared to the 65 and 45 series but have no doubt they are fantastic sticks!

For those Left-handed players out there, Budget Golf has a ridiculous deal for the 4-PW 785s going for Black Friday. $600 (dropped down to $510 after THP discount). One of those days where I wish I was a lefty haha.

They also have the 4-PW 585s on discount for both RH and LH, at $700, or $595 after THP discount.

Not sure which shafts are included (I would assume the stock Nippon shafts).

Both are insanely low prices for well-reviewed irons that just hit the market. They have the 565/765s listed for the same price, so almost seems like that price is too good to be true and was an error on Budget's side.

Srixon Z 585 Irons and Z 785 Irons

I’m pretty certain I just sold a set of 585s to a lifetime callaway iron friend. He couldn’t stop grooving these the whole time.

Last edited:
I have posted in the Mizuno JPX919 thread some photos comparing 5 irons of the Srixon Z585 and the JPX 919 forged.

Last edited:
So, first, a big "I hate you...but not really..." to Budget Golf. 4-PW of the 585's shipped for 594 this weekend ended up me clicking order before I realized what was really happening. That is not just cheap, its absurdly cheap for a brand new release iron set.

I'm on a kick where I want a more GI leaning set to have in the backup bag and also for winter golf, so I guess this fits that bill. Though honest truth, my #2 bag's parents want to buy him irons so I probably end up selling him these for what I paid because the deal is better than the HS pricing we can get, which is wild. But, I'll tinker with them first, of course, LOL

So, first, a big "I hate you...but not really..." to Budget Golf. 4-PW of the 585's shipped for 594 this weekend ended up me clicking order before I realized what was really happening. That is not just cheap, its absurdly cheap for a brand new release iron set.

I'm on a kick where I want a more GI leaning set to have in the backup bag and also for winter golf, so I guess this fits that bill. Though honest truth, my #2 bag's parents want to buy him irons so I probably end up selling him these for what I paid because the deal is better than the HS pricing we can get, which is wild. But, I'll tinker with them first, of course, LOL
On Thursday, I'll be letting my family know I'm thankful for Jman, because he saved me $600 I didn't need to spend, haha. Had that set in my cart all night Saturday. Said if they were there in the morning it was meant to be, but woke up to your post with a sigh of relief. The 565s will get a second season!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

On Thursday, I'll be letting my family know I'm thankful for Jman, because he saved me $600 I didn't need to spend, haha. Had that set in my cart all night Saturday. Said if they were there in the morning it was meant to be, but woke up to your post with a sigh of relief. The 565s will get a second season!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You want to know what's hilarious? I was doing the EXACT same thing.

"SURELY a THP'er will save me from myself, I'll wait until morning"

Too funny!

thank you for removing that temptation.

Back