Srixon Z 585 Irons and Z 785 Irons

I’ll be buying the 585’s before weekend is over. I have the 565”s now with no complaints but need to correct a too light shaft mistake.

Just received my set of Z585's from 4 - PW and all I can say is ... very, very nice and feel really good. Love the look at setup.

If anyone knows of someplace with nice deals on the 585s, pls let me know. I have no local dealer bot have played the 545s and 565s, so pretty much know what I want.

Thanks!

If anyone knows of someplace with nice deals on the 585s, pls let me know. I have no local dealer bot have played the 545s and 565s, so pretty much know what I want.

Thanks!

I would first checkout Budget golf with the 20% discount first. If they dont have enough choices I like www.2ndswing.com because you can customize shaft, lie, length, grips etc right on the site

Figure I’d put this in here too, 585 4i vs U85 4i, just got grins.

40d631218eb9b83126a5ba85f37bd4f2.jpg

I would first checkout Budget golf with the 20% discount first. If they dont have enough choices I like www.2ndswing.com because you can customize shaft, lie, length, grips etc right on the site

Thanks but Budget has been out of stock since Jman nabbed their last set and 2nd Swing is full retail price.

I’ll likely try Discount Dan’s, but hoped someone had a line on a Black Friday sale.

I’ll add as I did in the U85 thread please don’t mind the directional miss data, I had the LM aligned right of target as I was on course in a lull between groups and rushing to get numbers.

I am not a #'s guy, but would you choose the Utility over the 4I being there is only a 4 yard difference in distance? I assume the utility is easier to launch?

Figure I’d put this in here too, 585 4i vs U85 4i, just got grins.

40d631218eb9b83126a5ba85f37bd4f2.jpg

I am not a #'s guy, but would you choose the Utility over the 4I being there is only a 4 yard difference in distance? I assume the utility is easier to launch?

5 yard difference in peak height is massive, especially if that person struggles to elevate long irons.

My thought too...love that peak height and spin. Right up my alley
5 yard difference in peak height is massive, especially if that person struggles to elevate long irons.

Ary is correct that the 5yd is a big deal, that said, I’ve got much more initial confidence standing over the 4i compared to the size of the 4u. It’s why I want to see the numbers again after I put the Elevate in the 4i.

Ary is correct that the 5yd is a big deal, that said, I’ve got much more initial confidence standing over the 4i compared to the size of the 4u. It’s why I want to see the numbers again after I put the Elevate in the 4i.

The elevate is going to make that long. I have a feeling at least.

Thanks, I will wait for some #'s. I swapped to the 7W over the 4 iron just because it was so easy to launch and distance was better.

Thanks, I will wait for some #'s. I swapped to the 7W over the 4 iron just because it was so easy to launch and distance was better.

Smart move for a lot of people imo, a high lofted fairway will always be easier to elevate and do so consistently!

That u85 has much better numbers for going into a green. This is so intriguing to compare.

The elevate is going to make that long. I have a feeling at least.

Definitely could be, which worries me in the scoring irons as I hit those really high already in the 585. I need to get them on the GC2 though to be sure how high.

@Jman....can you get a side by side comparison of the 4i and 4u to compare toplines?

@Jman....can you get a side by side comparison of the 4i and 4u to compare toplines?

Will try to snap one tomorrow.

Wrist is now better, and get to play in Phoenix next week so excited!!!!

I developed some sort of tweak in my wrist at the end of the season, and have given it enough rest, that it no longer hurts, so cannot wait to hit these, really, for the first time, as I was really hurting during the THP event, but just IBuprofened up!!

Will post some numbers and details next week..

Tried hard to grab a set of these this week for bf or Cyber Monday at a decent discount but not finding anything. Guess they are too new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tried hard to grab a set of these this week for bf or Cyber Monday at a decent discount but not finding anything. Guess they are too new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same here.

Pondering trying Truefitclubs, can custom order with the shaft I'd like to try and with the 15% 'new customer' discount, price isn't too out of line with new retail.

Anyone have any experience with Truefitclubs that they can share?

Thanks!

I know proper yardage gaping should be done by hitting these clubs but humor me quick here. I'm looking into getting Z585 (4-7) and Z785 (8-PW) The 585 advertise as longer and more ball speed and the 785 advertise as more workability. Breaking the set at 8 iron or even 7 iron leaves 5 degrees between clubs. Factor in the 585's going further won't that increase the gap? Has anyone hit them with first hand knowledge? I'll be scheduling a fitting in the next 2 months. Just curious what others have noticed.

I know proper yardage gaping should be done by hitting these clubs but humor me quick here. I'm looking into getting Z585 (4-7) and Z785 (8-PW) The 585 advertise as longer and more ball speed and the 785 advertise as more workability. Breaking the set at 8 iron or even 7 iron leaves 5 degrees between clubs. Factor in the 585's going further won't that increase the gap? Has anyone hit them with first hand knowledge? I'll be scheduling a fitting in the next 2 months. Just curious what others have noticed.

It could increase the gap. Taking loft out of the equation, because it is only part of it, design will play one of the biggest parts of the distance equation. As an example. If I had you two drivers, one is 9 degrees and one is 12 degrees, you would not automatically hit the 9 degree further.

It's really interesting that Srixon is really encouraging the combo sets as someone mentioned they are actually cheaper than the full sets of only 585/785. I've seen some combo sets tweak with some of the lofts +/- on both sides of the gap to shore it up if a distance gap does appear. I've hit them both in the same day even the same round, but, to me with the combination of shaft and head present, I really didn't notice much distance difference, maybe 5 yards at most.

It's really interesting that Srixon is really encouraging the combo sets as someone mentioned they are actually cheaper than the full sets of only 585/785. I've seen some combo sets tweak with some of the lofts +/- on both sides of the gap to shore it up if a distance gap does appear. I've hit them both in the same day even the same round, but, to me with the combination of shaft and head present, I really didn't notice much distance difference, maybe 5 yards at most.

I'm ordering the 8-PW 785 1* strong to blend mine.

Back