Srixon Z 585 Irons and Z 785 Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I cant wait to hear some feedback on these...

These are solid looking sets for sure, very clean.

Man, I love the flexibility Srixon gives you in creating their combination iron sets. Can't wait to try out a U85/585/785 combo in the future.

Want want want 785 4-AW. Gosh those are cleannnnn!

Appearance isn't a huge departure from the previous iteration as mentioned, but there wasn't a real need for a change either. They look fantastic imo and the new tech sounds fun. I think the reviews will come in high on these.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This thread needs some pics! From Srixon websites.

Z785
1a796049e1cbbd14be35b811b0fc33e9.png

1e47e700a7f1817f485cbace002e66f4.png

Z585
b5aaddd6bc3fd0eb16aa7996b0012929.png

6cfe84e58cd14b8ab13ccd98af86647a.png

Are these in for review as well? Have always been intrigued by Srixon irons. I remember seeing the 765 in tbanks's bag and drooling all over them. I'm sure these will perform - always tough to follow up on a such a huge hit and looks like Srixon tried to differentiate them a little bit, adding some bling in there.

Are these in for review as well? Have always been intrigued by Srixon irons. I remember seeing the 765 in tbanks's bag and drooling all over them. I'm sure these will perform - always tough to follow up on a such a huge hit and looks like Srixon tried to differentiate them a little bit, adding some bling in there.

Sort of and not as of yet. We have sample individual irons, because they don't have a ton available yet and I have been fit for both sets individually to help answer any questions so far.

Sort of and not as of yet. We have sample individual irons, because they don't have a ton available yet and I have been fit for both sets individually to help answer any questions so far.

Thanks JB. I’m guessing they both compare at address. The 5 series any bulkier thank before?

More important question- changes to the vsole? As you get a chance to play around with them curious how they both do through the turf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not many OEM’s do irons as well as Srixon does these days in my eyes. These are no different, but I still think the 585’s look better in hand than they do on the Srixon website.

Thanks JB. I’m guessing they both compare at address. The 5 series any bulkier thank before?

More important question- changes to the vsole? As you get a chance to play around with them curious how they both do through the turf.

Sole wise the 5 series is a tad larger. At address, quite similar.

5328cdb50402d5c03e15efffbe9fdfbb.jpg

1bbba4af5445740b270a68a0c61c49cb.jpg

They definitely look better than I thought based on some early images of them.

Glad they didn't change the 785 in the looks department hardly at all. It is one of the best cleanest looking irons on the market. It will be interesting to here your thoughts when you get them @JB

they look great, I think I'll try to find a set to demo

The 785 complete package looks much better to me than the 585. 7 - PW in the 785 and 4 - 6 in the U85 sounds like a heck of a combo set to me.

Both look great. Thanks JB. Haven’t seen much on stock shafts. Maybe that’s because I’m on Srixon’s mobile version. I know you got fit them for them so that info may not be readily available.

I love the way these look, can’t wait to compare the 585s to my current gamers, as well as the possible next iteration of the Apex Irons. I’m in hard ponder mode, my wife is going to kill me...

@JB which shaft did you get fit for?

Both look great. Thanks JB. Haven’t seen much on stock shafts. Maybe that’s because I’m on Srixon’s mobile version. I know you got fit them for them so that info may not be readily available.

The 785 I have has the Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
The 585 I have has the Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105

Never mind you just answered my question...

Srixon kills it with their iron offerings. I'm still not sure about the 585 looks but the 785 continues with fantastic looks. I'm interested to see comparisons from those that have gamed the previous version.

On a side note I like the spot in the video where it split in to 3 different little screens.

On a side note I like the spot in the video where it split in to 3 different little screens.

Thanks. We do that from time to time if more is needed.

I want to reiterate, that this is just what I have. They have a whole slew of no upcharge shafts available however.

I love the looks of these. I know @T0AD loves his and these are going to have his attention.

Back