Srixon Z 585 Irons and Z 785 Irons

These irons just keep getting better and better the more I play them. The feel, sound, and flight are so good for me. All around awesome club and they look freaking awesome sitting in the bag too. Love the look of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got Z585/Z785 combo....great price on clubs even with a shaft that didn't fit......I had kbs tour waiting in the wings and they seamlessly fit into my swing....got everything tweaked today and Wednesday's round really will set the tone

Finally got Z585/Z785 combo....great price on clubs even with a shaft that didn't fit......I had kbs tour waiting in the wings and they seamlessly fit into my swing....got everything tweaked today and Wednesday's round really will set the tone

BRILLIANT feel, flight and performance.....I've used Muzuno ,gen 1 PXG 0311T, Callaway......just so soft but solid but goes through the turf appropriately.....very forgiving but that FEEL! ������������������

BRILLIANT feel, flight and performance.....I've used Muzuno ,gen 1 PXG 0311T, Callaway......just so soft but solid but goes through the turf appropriately.....very forgiving but that FEEL! ������������������

Nice! Glad you are liking them. Keep us in the loop to how you perform with them in the future. I have had mine since April (Thank You THP & Srixon!) and I like them more every time I hit them. They just look cool too.

Nice! Glad you are liking them. Keep us in the loop to how you perform with them in the future. I have had mine since April (Thank You THP & Srixon!) and I like them more every time I hit them. They just look cool too.

Yep .....slightly off topic but what wedges did you play prior to rtx4's?

Yep .....slightly off topic but what wedges did you play prior to rtx4's?

I played the Mizuno T7’s. I liked them but I think the Cleveland’s are far superior. Just my 2 cents.

I round in the book with the combo set and a new PB. Felt like I had these dialed in quickly. Cannot wait to see what the next few rounds turn out like.

I round in the book with the combo set and a new PB. Felt like I had these dialed in quickly. Cannot wait to see what the next few rounds turn out like.

Where are the combos split? 4-6 585 7PW 785? What shafts do you have in them?

Where are the combos split? 4-6 585 7PW 785? What shafts do you have in them?

I have 5-7 in 585 and 8-PW in 785. KBS CTaper Lite.

I have 5-7 in 585 and 8-PW in 785. KBS CTaper Lite.

I really like the C-Taper Lites in these irons. Makes them feel very stable for me.

Just wanted to expound more:

I'm an aging lefty......I still remember my 962 irons..... irons used to be my strong suit ,long irons in particular.....4i from 230 , 7i from 190(downwind) etc, etc.....fastforward 20 years later..... I'm now broken down and a loss of speed nearing 25 mph with the driver and 15+ with irons....also with less ability to compress the ball.....I'm truly ok knowing that no one beats father time and I've accepted my limitations...... being lefty means I rarely get to demo clubs on grass with the proper shaft....so I go through quite a few sets and shaft combos yearning to find my personal nirvana......the iblades almost had me earlier this year but just didn't have that "feel" .....I'm a snob , sure me!
Pxg gen 1 0311T , used set of mp54(they were close but wedge size put me off) etc,etc...... I even reached back in time trying a set of 2014 MC's..... useful but still not exacting.

I was ready to pull thr trigger on 2019 Apex pro or 2018 xforged but saw a set of z585 used with modus 105 ....made a few swings and really liked how they setup at address...... figured I'd order 9 and pw 785 to go along with 585 4-8i...... saw a set on Ebay for 749 but z585 4-6i z785 7-pw with recoil 95 regular......cool , could be a match.....they showed up recoil 760 which is a 68g shaft....even at my speed , they played too light....so had my club guy put set of kbs tour regular in the heads.....

1st round (caveat 7i isn't quite right) and I hit 11 girs missing 2 pw, 2 8i(both should have been 7i) one gw a fat 5i and a fat 6i......still don't have much as far as range time with them yet.....

Normally my struggle really has been from the deck.....off a tee or par 3s , I'm still pretty solid throughout....other than one 5i , my off the deck game was surprisingly decent and I owe it to v-sole technology......pxg and iblades evidently had wrong bounce and sole configuration for my swing. It might be trial and error but finding this set of stunning good looks and immeasurable great feel has sent me back to such a place of contentment.....

The more I play these irons/combo ,the more enjoyment is coming back into the game of golf....as explained in the post above , I'm a fairly low launch kinda guy. Seeing 4,5 and 6 iron at an apex seemingly lost due to years is exciting....gaining consistent yardage is exciting.....having more birdie opportunities is exciting! I hit 2 separate 5 irons off tees mind you roughly 190yds.....short for many but to me , that's closing in on numbers from 20yrs ago....still having the ability to hit that low going shot too is a bonus...

Need more rounds but these things ARE good!

TMAG-FIREMEDIC;n8876676 said:
The more I play these irons/combo ,the more enjoyment is coming back into the game of golf....as explained in the post above , I'm a fairly low launch kinda guy. Seeing 4,5 and 6 iron at an apex seemingly lost due to years is exciting....gaining consistent yardage is exciting.....having more birdie opportunities is exciting! I hit 2 separate 5 irons off tees mind you roughly 190yds.....short for many but to me , that's closing in on numbers from 20yrs ago....still having the ability to hit that low going shot too is a bonus...

Need more rounds but these things ARE good!

The nice thing about these irons is that they get better and better as you get more accustomed to them. Enjoy!

JB;n8059505 said:
Sole wise the 5 series is a tad larger. At address, quite similar.

5328cdb50402d5c03e15efffbe9fdfbb.jpg

1bbba4af5445740b270a68a0c61c49cb.jpg

Sorry to bring up an old thread.
Is this picture comparing the 585 and 785? The post your responded to was asking about 585 size versus previous versions of the 5 series... like the 565 and 545... I just wanted to clarify this as someone starting on page 1 could definitely confuse this. thanks!

Danimal;n8876878 said:
The nice thing about these irons is that they get better and better as you get more accustomed to them. Enjoy!

Through 3 rounds I'm seeing that......im truly/pleasantly surprised at the height and distance I'm seeing....
better than with pxg combo last year and far more control! When hitting irons well , I want to play more....
That's a good thing being recently retired...

Played a local executive course......irons are getting more and more into my blood! I hit 16/18 with 2 in-between misses.....not fully engaged...... but other than those , I didn't miss! 7 pw's , 4 9i's were the stars...... made 5 birdies and the greens were BAD .....miss 4 inside 8ft.....

Distance control is impeccable and feel is elite

Nice looking bag, very sharp setup!

I still daydream of 785’s. Can’t believe I never got a chance to try them with as much as I loved the 765’s.

TMAG-FIREMEDIC;n8879670 said:

New bag to boot!

You are all-in with Srixon/Cleveland! Love it.

Jman;n8879733 said:
I still daydream of 785’s. Can’t believe I never got a chance to try them with as much as I loved the 765’s.

I believe the 785 is superior despite being fractionally smaller.....mass reallocated for an even more solid feel....the feel is BRILLIANT especially when paired with appropriate shaft for one's swing.

TMAG-FIREMEDIC;n8879670 said:

New bag to boot!

That is solid!!!! Great looking bag.

My 785's still continue to just impress. The past couple of weeks I found myself hitting a lot of different shots with them working from left to right, right to left, hi, low, etc....the feel and confidence with them gets better and better each time. Having not played a "players" iron in quite some time I find it hard to even think about not playing them. The softness of them combined with the distance is awesome for my game.

chefkritter;n8881105 said:
My 785's still continue to just impress. The past couple of weeks I found myself hitting a lot of different shots with them working from left to right, right to left, hi, low, etc....the feel and confidence with them gets better and better each time. Having not played a "players" iron in quite some time I find it hard to even think about not playing them. The softness of them combined with the distance is awesome for my game.

Even though I only have 7-pw in the z785, I concur fully.....z585 allows me to hit easy high shots whilst z785 harkens back to my "playa" days..... the feel is simply BRILLIANT!

Back