Srixon Z 585 Irons and Z 785 Irons

Snickerdog;n8881012 said:
That is solid!!!! Great looking bag.

Thanks, F85 3wd just showed up as did a "preowned" 50* rtx4.....if someone hit , I can't tell! 20190819_165313.jpg

Attachments

• 20190819_165252.jpg
    20190819_165252.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190819_164719.jpg
    20190819_164719.jpg
    992.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190819_164713.jpg
    20190819_164713.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
TMAG-FIREMEDIC;n8881132 said:
Thanks, F85 3wd just showed up as did a "preowned" 50* rtx4.....if someone hit , I can't tell!

You will love the 3W!!! Those fairways just launch the ball and sound good.

chefkritter;n8881105 said:
My 785's still continue to just impress. The past couple of weeks I found myself hitting a lot of different shots with them working from left to right, right to left, hi, low, etc....the feel and confidence with them gets better and better each time. Having not played a "players" iron in quite some time I find it hard to even think about not playing them. The softness of them combined with the distance is awesome for my game.

Well stated......only gotten 4 rounds but getting dialed....loving the response from the combo set and the feedback..... most impressive has been the feel which makes you want swing them properly....ultra rewarding sensation.....I've hit endo forged before but these are next level

Same here, I've got four rounds in with my z585s now. I've gotten a good feel for the 5i and 6i but still trying to get the short irons dialed in.

fairwaynut;n8885947 said:
Same here, I've got four rounds in with my z585s now. I've gotten a good feel for the 5i and 6i but still trying to get the short irons dialed in.

What shaft are you using in your irons?

TMAG-FIREMEDIC;n8886008 said:
What shaft are you using in your irons?

Miyazaki Kaula 8 graphite. Stiff flex.

God you guys are making me want to pull out my z585s again. It’s been a minute but I have fond memories that need reliving

Jman;n8879733 said:
I still daydream of 785’s. Can’t believe I never got a chance to try them with as much as I loved the 765’s.

They are great irons I’m loving my set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added a 585 four iron and the 785 was a little more demanding than I wanted. Excited to get it out tomorrow. Really blends well into looks and lofts of my current set!

TMAG-FIREMEDIC;n8886229 said:
What put them on the bench?

It wasn’t anything they did. It was a tragic story of happenstance. I got to play another set of irons and fell in love. But I’m back dating irons again and I miss my old partners.

That was weird - anyway. I test a lot of irons around these parts and I really liked what a set gave me and I wanted to ride that wave a long time. The z585 became a set I tested clubs against now and then but they deserve so much more.

DMoney79;n8886135 said:
Added a 585 four iron and the 785 was a little more demanding than I wanted. Excited to get it out tomorrow. Really blends well into looks and lofts of my current set!

I think that you are going to get along with the 585 4 iron much better.

Molten;n8886247 said:
It wasn’t anything they did. It was a tragic story of happenstance. I got to play another set of irons and fell in love. But I’m back dating irons again and I miss my old partners.

That was weird - anyway. I test a lot of irons around these parts and I really liked what a set gave me and I wanted to ride that wave a long time. The z585 became a set I tested clubs against now and then but they deserve so much more.

This time last year , I had a gen 1 combo set pxg 0311T/0311p......really nice to an extent....the modus 105 shaft didn't allow 3/4 shots for me and hooked on occasion (more offset) didn't consider srixon; I thought 785 would be too hard to hit and 585 unpleasant.....wrong bigtime! 765 was too round for my liking ..... these have such perfect (mid) shape .....putting kbs tour in them is like that comfortable pair of slippers

After a lot of work on my swing this year, I finally have an even tempo that really matches up with the 785’s. I am carrying my 8 iron about 155 with a nice high trajectory. I just can’t get over how a nice easy swing produces such a beautiful result. The C-Taper Lites are a great shaft for my swing at the moment. I have been over-swinging for the majority of the year and have been getting away with it for the most part because of the forgiveness of these irons/wedges. Now I am looking to close out the golf season with a flourish.

Z585/Z785 combo....kbs tour regular......585 4-6; 785 7-pw

I've seen both distance and trajectory increase which for me is just amazing....

Handful of highlight shots: par 3 188yd 4i that appeared high ,floaty and short but ending just a bit long!

Another par 3 168 a bit down and left to right....7i that ended up just past .....

Par 3 into a 2 club 166 yd 5i......high soft and lovely.....made the 20ftr

I need......nope.....I WANT more practice and play with these.....but this hurricane is putting a damper (pun intended) on things!

Feedback from someone that works for one of the shaft companies. They play to a 2.

“Went 585 because that’s what we had and they are really good. Can flight them and work them either way. Shot even and that was with missing 3 birdie putts around 10 feet.

Super long, feel great, and very consistent”

Won a fitting at Cool Clubs through twitter last month, and finally got to go through it yesterday. Got to hit the 585's, T300's, Apex, a couple different Ping offerings, PXG's and my f9's and based on the fitting yesterday the 585's won out. Paired with Modus 120's I was seeing some extremely solid numbers and it has me thinking extremely hard about them. I committed to the OL set up for this year, so will likely be looking to make a change moving into the 2020 season.

Thanks to everyone in here for the feedback!!

Picked up a lightly used (or at least well cared for) set of 585/785 on eBay. I'm getting 4-7 in the 585 and 8-GW in the 785. They have AMT White X100 shafts in them now. I'm gonna let the shafts have a round or two, but they'll likely get swapped out either for my Nippon Modus3 Tour 120S or my Project X LZ 6.0's. Only time will tell.

OGputtnfool;n8899086 said:
Picked up a lightly used (or at least well cared for) set of 585/785 on eBay. I'm getting 4-7 in the 585 and 8-GW in the 785. They have AMT White X100 shafts in them now. I'm gonna let the shafts have a round or two, but they'll likely get swapped out either for my Nippon Modus3 Tour 120S or my Project X LZ 6.0's. Only time will tell.

Posts pics and we'll determine whether or not they are used! Lol......enjoy

OGputtnfool;n8899086 said:

I am sure you will get along with them. I am a fan of the PX LZ 6.0’s. I have them in another set of irons and always had a nice feel with them.

Due to this Horrific hurricane Dorian, I haven't touched my stix .....still got my roof, AC and health so who am I to complain

Loved hitting the 585's today at the PGASS. Was shocked at the consistent crisp center face contact I was getting with them. Demoed a bunch of stuff today and these were the clear winner. I didn't think I'd like them since the footprint is smaller than what I am wanting/prefer but I really need re-think that after today. Dang.

Got to play this weekend which has been a challenge lately with so much “Life” getting in the way. We played early in the morning and conditions were perfect, the irons were performing awesome, and when the wind began to kick up close to the turn I hit a lot of 3/4 knockdown shots coming in and the ability to flight and trust these irons is no joke. Saved the best for 18, 118 in and a knockdown approach wedge to about 3 ft to finish off the round. Granted this has become more of my go to shot since I haven’t got to play hardly at all or practice. Even with maybe getting to play once a week the past month the irons are still awesome.

I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered a 585 5i to put into my set. Got the same shaft in it and I am looking forward to putting it in play. I may add the 6i later to have a true combo set.

I hit the 785 on the monitor at GG next to a few other irons and man, they’re just really good. If not for the HMB having my full attention grabbing a set of these heads to tinker with would have been a real thing.

Back