Mizuno JPX919 Irons

DqTp0V-V4AA9Ief.jpg

DqTp0WAVAAAR3N7.jpg

DqTp0V-UcAE4alo.jpg

Loving my current setup^^^

I went and hit both the Forged and Hot Metal today.
I really like the look of both of them. I was expecting the Hot Metal to be a bit more chunky but it wasn’t. It looked good at address and felt good hitting chrome softs. The Forged was really nice, looks great at address, but was shorter the. Hot Metal and at this point I’m not willing to give up the distance I was seeing it was on average about 10-12 yards shorter.
Best 3 shots with the Hot Metal with Recoil 95 F3. ( ignore the averages number in pic, that was for about 100 7 iron shots an no reset at all. )
13974434ac919432a573f142766e2ec4.jpg

0b64fa0d059877c5871c9c7f382df6b4.jpg

61eace619a72ff71481ead997538698c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thoughts Snickerdog. Looks like they treated you pretty well!

Thanks, they where very straight, forgiving and long 7 irons for me. The guy (Brad) at Golf USA is a very good fitter and made some minor swing adjustments at the same time and I felt really good about striking the ball.
Never the same indoors on mats as it is outside though.

Hey man how do you like the JPX 919 Gap wedge?

Hey man how do you like the JPX 919 Gap wedge?
Truth be told, I have the head sitting on my desk and a DG 120 shaft leaning against said desk. Waiting for a ferrule to come in to install it, but I also haven't been able to play in over a month.

Waiting for a warmish or dry day to get back out haha.

This week is either low 50s and windy or raining in the mid 60s. Today may be the best chance though.

Note: sorry guys up north and Midwest for complaining about some rain and not so low temps haha. I know a lot of yalls season has officially ended this past week with snow and whatbnot.

Waiting to add something worthwhile to this thread and discuss the 919 Forged. Due to rain, limited range time, and when I do get to hit, it's muddy. But the blade length is good, yes, the topline is thicker than Tour, but a thicker line has forgiveness benefits, and it's like Goldilocks and the 3 Bears - whether it's just right or not is up to you. Last time, Trackman said the 7i was giving me 5910 of spin with the PX LZ Tour 90 Shaft 6.0 softstepped with SS of 80. Seems okay. I can get the 5i to a midflight, which for an older golfer, means something. I have the 919F Gap Wedge, and it seems to gap nicely with the PW and you get a similar look throughout the set. Hit some accurate flag finding shots with the gap wedge from 93-105 during a round with partial, smooth swings to lessen the yardage. Have no issues with the grind, and my 56 and 60 are specialty wedges that do not need a match.

It's a set for the low to mid capper with a longer blade length, more forgiveness up to 7i, and more precision for 8-Gap. Feel/Sound is typical Mizuno for me - soft. The ball has a nice sound to it, too. Someone next to me said your ball has a different sound than mine. I had noticed it, but didn't think too much of it. Overall, a great set for me so far. I thought about the HM Pro in the spring as a backup set or to use some mid-irons, but now I'm thinking I'll get a backup 919F set and experiment with aftermarket shafts later on the second set. Perhaps get a HM Pro 4i. Nice set, very pleasing.

Loving my current setup^^^

How hard (or easy) is it to hit th 3 iron Tour? Seems pretty hard to hit, but I don’t have a 3 iron. I love these irons and it is an upgrade over the 900 series.

Waiting to add something worthwhile to this thread and discuss the 919 Forged. Due to rain, limited range time, and when I do get to hit, it's muddy. But the blade length is good, yes, the topline is thicker than Tour, but a thicker line has forgiveness benefits, and it's like Goldilocks and the 3 Bears - whether it's just right or not is up to you. Last time, Trackman said the 7i was giving me 5910 of spin with the PX LZ Tour 90 Shaft 6.0 softstepped with SS of 80. Seems okay. I can get the 5i to a midflight, which for an older golfer, means something. I have the 919F Gap Wedge, and it seems to gap nicely with the PW and you get a similar look throughout the set. Hit some accurate flag finding shots with the gap wedge from 93-105 during a round with partial, smooth swings to lessen the yardage. Have no issues with the grind, and my 56 and 60 are specialty wedges that do not need a match.

It's a set for the low to mid capper with a longer blade length, more forgiveness up to 7i, and more precision for 8-Gap. Feel/Sound is typical Mizuno for me - soft. The ball has a nice sound to it, too. Someone next to me said your ball has a different sound than mine. I had noticed it, but didn't think too much of it. Overall, a great set for me so far. I thought about the HM Pro in the spring as a backup set or to use some mid-irons, but now I'm thinking I'll get a backup 919F set and experiment with aftermarket shafts later on the second set. Perhaps get a HM Pro 4i. Nice set, very pleasing.

One of my favorite clubs from the 850 Forged set I had was the Gap wedge. I put it in as an afterthought and I hit it well and it was my go to club. I recently sold that set and I contemplated keeping it, but I never used it anymore. Pass it on to the next guy. I am thinking about adding a 919F set as well, everything I see it appears to be a winner as well.

One more post, since some are picky about the topline...

Alright, alright, alright ... Coming from PXG 0311 and 0311XF, the 919 Forged looks great. The more I hit them, the more I notice how soft they are, and with the addition of the miniscule amount of boron, they also look great and last longer - 2 months in the bag and no chatter. Look, Mizuno went for a little more forgiveness (and distance) with the 919F, so the slightly thicker topline and slightly wider sole for more effective bounce may be not for everyone, but I really like what they've done with the 919F. I'm more of a function over form guy - but these are a great balance of form and function.

Mizuno JPX919 Irons

It’s funny that some feel the top line is too big. I like then top lines as much as the next person, but in this category of iron you really just can’t have a super thin top line as others have mentioned this iron is for some added forgiveness but in a more compact shape then say the hot metal.

The top line of this is very appealing for who they are looking for. It’s in line with almost every other iron of this category. If not better than some. I think the top line is much better looking than the forged tech from cobra.

It’s funny that some feel the top line is too big. I like then top lines as much as the next person, but in this category of iron you really just can’t have a super thin top line as others have mentioned this iron is for some added forgiveness but in a more compact shape then say the hot metal.

The top line of this is very appealing for who they are looking for. It’s in line with almost every other iron of this category. If not better than some. I think the top line is much better looking than the forged tech from cobra.

Agreed, I think they are super appealing looking from angles!

I took swings in Saturday with these, both the Hot Metal and the Forged. Neither top line is what i would call to thick. The clubs had a great appearance and felt great when hit. Mizuno will do well with this line.

I got to hit the 919 Hot Metal & Forged lines Saturday. The top line for each is different.

The Hot Metal is thicker but not overly thick. Still looks great down at address. The ball does jump off the face more than the forged obviously but still feels nice. I used a 780 F4 Recoil for the shaft in this one.

The Forged looks really good looking down at it and feels great off the face too. I used a Recoil 95 F4 in this one.

All in all, these are GREAT for the price and no charge upgrade options. Yes, no charge for any shaft, grip, anything. GREAT bang for the buck specially for a forged iron. I can also see a combo set with these also. 4-6 Hot metal, 7-PW Forged.

I got to hit the 919 Hot Metal & Forged lines Saturday. The top line for each is different.

The Hot Metal is thicker but not overly thick. Still looks great down at address. The ball does jump off the face more than the forged obviously but still feels nice. I used a 780 F4 Recoil for the shaft in this one.

The Forged looks really good looking down at it and feels great off the face too. I used a Recoil 95 F4 in this one.

All in all, these are GREAT for the price and no charge upgrade options. Yes, no charge for any shaft, grip, anything. GREAT bang for the buck specially for a forged iron. I can also see a combo set with these also. 4-6 Hot metal, 7-PW Forged.

Glad you got to hit them! I was thinking of a combo too, but Danny Le said go full forged - glad I did. The 4/5 are surprisingly easy to hit and really go !

Glad you got to hit them! I was thinking of a combo too, but Danny Le said go full forged - glad I did. The 4/5 are surprisingly easy to hit and really go !

Awesome. Yeah they great. Again, killer bang for the buck here.

Agreed, I think they are super appealing looking from angles!

Yes, they look great to me.

Some are obsessive. To me, no need for a mixed set until you go to a lower lofted iron that one can't handle - then you can add a HM.

I find the 5i fairly easy to launch; might try the 4i, but haven't carried a 4i in 15 yrs ... need more speed. And that makes the HM appealing.

I was hitting the JPX919 forged today during lunch at my local Edwin Watts. I only hit a 7 iron and compared it to a P790 7 iron. Both irons were shafted with the stock Dynamic Gold 105 S300 shafts. Holy Toledo, the JPX919 was giving me the same ball speed as the P790. I would never have guessed it. This appears to be a very solid offering.

So I was looking back thru the pictures on my phone at the pics I posted earlier. The thing that caught my eye was the the dispersion of the 3 shots. 7, 5 and 1 yard off line. The other irons I hit where quite a bit wider and left and right.
I need to hit these again and compare to my other choice. (585's)

Yes, they look great to me.

Some are obsessive. To me, no need for a mixed set until you go to a lower lofted iron that one can't handle - then you can add a HM.

I find the 5i fairly easy to launch; might try the 4i, but haven't carried a 4i in 15 yrs ... need more speed. And that makes the HM appealing.

I am shocked at how easily the 4i launches. I find it to launch just as easily as the 718 ap1 that was in the bag previously, with better ball flight and spin.

These JPX919F irons are FREAKING AWESOME! That is all.

I demoed the JPX 919 series. I had done my research and was going to purchase the MP-18 MMCs. I hit them, the SC, and the Hi-Fli. I can't tell you why, I just didn't like them. They felt "dead" to me. The pro shop had just got the new JPX 919 heads in the day before. They unwrapped them and I hit those. I hit the forged first. Wasn't impressed. Felt a lot like the MP-18. I hit the Tour, and good lord! That is one of the best clubs I have ever hit! I did hit the Hot Metal just to try them. The Hot Metal explodes the ball off the clubface! But, the feel and numbers of the Tour were dead on! The only reason I don't have them right now, is because I got a steal on a set of Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15s new/never been used and with them being better feeling than the Mizunos at less than 1/4th of the price, I had to get them. My final list was 1-BH Ft. Worth 2-Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-BH PTXs 4-Wilson F5 Tour Forged 5-Wishon 575 MMC.

I demoed the JPX 919 series. I had done my research and was going to purchase the MP-18 MMCs. I hit them, the SC, and the Hi-Fli. I can't tell you why, I just didn't like them. They felt "dead" to me. The pro shop had just got the new JPX 919 heads in the day before. They unwrapped them and I hit those. I hit the forged first. Wasn't impressed. Felt a lot like the MP-18. I hit the Tour, and good lord! That is one of the best clubs I have ever hit! I did hit the Hot Metal just to try them. The Hot Metal explodes the ball off the clubface! But, the feel and numbers of the Tour were dead on! The only reason I don't have them right now, is because I got a steal on a set of Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15s new/never been used and with them being better feeling than the Mizunos at less than 1/4th of the price, I had to get them. My final list was 1-BH Ft. Worth 2-Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-BH PTXs 4-Wilson F5 Tour Forged 5-Wishon 575 MMC.

So you purchased some Ben Hogans for $225? That's a deal. I purchased 919F in graphite in 5-GW for $929. I don't go in, demo, and buy - try not to be impulsive. I demo, hit in LM and think, hit more, think, hit more. Some clubs are easy to deselect - the numbers are not there. I came down to i210 in stronger lofts and 919F - and I learn more about the 919F that is good the more I hit them - sound, feel, performance, etc. It took about 3 months of hitting on the range and LM to decide.

Back