Mizuno JPX919 Irons

Jumped on mizzy DNA today to see what it had to say. It loves PX for me. I just don’t seem to get along with PX in full sets though. Thinking to stick with the Ctapers or try the LZ 6.5.

5b2d262fbc43b3a9ee2eb7019fef01cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jumped on mizzy DNA today to see what it had to say. It loves PX for me. I just don’t seem to get along with PX in full sets though. Thinking to stick with the Ctapers or try the LZ 6.5.

5b2d262fbc43b3a9ee2eb7019fef01cf.jpg

When I got fitted for my 919's I knew I wanted Recoils and that is what we tried in different weights. If you feel confident in the CTapers and they perform well for you I would go with it. I played C-Taper Lites in MP-15's and loved them, got along great with them and it is a great shaft.
You know how they play and the ball flight you will get so I would stay with them.

When I got fitted for my 919's I knew I wanted Recoils and that is what we tried in different weights. If you feel confident in the CTapers and they perform well for you I would go with it. I played C-Taper Lites in MP-15's and loved them, got along great with them and it is a great shaft.
You know how they play and the ball flight you will get so I would stay with them.

I can’t argue with that logic. Funny you mention the lite model, as I was really thinking of going lite in X. I have a taper lite X in my backup mizzy H4 4 iron and I hit it really well.
Decisions, decisions!

I can’t argue with that logic. Funny you mention the lite model, as I was really thinking of going lite in X. I have a taper lite X in my backup mizzy H4 4 iron and I hit it really well.
Decisions, decisions!

There is just something about the Lite that appeals to me and I always liked the way it played.
Elbow issues cause the move away and to the Recoils.

Has anyone have detail comparisons in Project LZ and Recoils that Mizuno offers?
I tried to LZ 4.5 and Recoil F3 and it was hard to tell which one is better feeling and performance difference. I tried them on Hotmetal 919. I forgot which model recoil I tried. I think it’s Recoil 95. I currently playing ctaper lite R. Like to give graphite shaft to try.

Has anyone have detail comparisons in Project LZ and Recoils that Mizuno offers?
I tried to LZ 4.5 and Recoil F3 and it was hard to tell which one is better feeling and performance difference. I tried them on Hotmetal 919. I forgot which model recoil I tried. I think it’s Recoil 95. I currently playing ctaper lite R. Like to give graphite shaft to try.

Are we talking graphite to graphite?

I think the graphite Project X LZ Tour 90 5.0 plays a little soft but gives really good yardage and accuracy - but not much feel.

The Recoil 95 R flex might not offer as much energy but has better feel.

A 4.5 will play softer than both.

Are we talking graphite to graphite?

I think the graphite Project X LZ Tour 90 5.0 plays a little soft but gives really good yardage and accuracy - but not much feel.

The Recoil 95 R flex might not offer as much energy but has better feel.

A 4.5 will play softer than both.

Thanks. Yes it’s graphite to graphite.
The model I’m interested in is hotmetal and coming from z765 I am losing spins and feel but gaining some distance.
Not sure if graphite shaft length is longer than its steel counterpart. I really can’t play shaft that longer since I play tad shorter than standard on Z765.
For me “feel” plays major role when I pick an irons so HM going to lose some feel coming from Z765 but having graphite might worsen the feel also worries me.
I heard raving reviews where recoils feels as good as steel shaft but not many reviews on LZ graphite.

I just bought a set of Hot Metals on eBay. I found a great deal and I have missed my 900 Hot Metals since I sold them. I am excited to get these in and get back to getting distance from my irons. I switched to Titleist because of my short game, but now I am set on wedges so I really want to blast my irons a long way (for me) again. Also Hot Metals are imo by far the best feeling cast clubs on the market.... did I mention they are rocket launchers for short knockers like myself?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My wife just bought me a set of HM Pro's with C-Taper Lites in stiff today as an early birthday present. I was carrying the 7i 170-175 yds and it was rolling about 10 more yards. They are easily 1-1.5 clubs from my previous set. Also, I love the brushed finish on the shaft. Gives them a different look.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My wife just bought me a set of HM Pro's with C-Taper Lites in stiff today as an early birthday present. I was carrying the 7i 170-175 yds and it was rolling about 10 more yards. They are easily 1-1.5 clubs from my previous set. Also, I love the brushed finish on the shaft. Gives them a different look.

Not to change the subject....but, I haven't been to Weatherford, TX in about 20 years! Has it changed much?

Not to change the subject....but, I haven't been to Weatherford, TX in about 20 years! Has it changed much?
I lived there from 2012-2017 and in that time it had changed quite a bit. There is development all along 20. IMO, it will be a suburb of Fort Worth in the next few years.

Just wondering on spin character on HM.
You 7i rolls 10yds after it lands. Is this your typical roll compare to previous set?
I also notice extreme rolls after it lands in fitting similar to yours but fitter said it rolls more in simulator. ??? Do you know your spin number with 7i?

Thanks. Yes it’s graphite to graphite.
The model I’m interested in is hotmetal and coming from z765 I am losing spins and feel but gaining some distance.
Not sure if graphite shaft length is longer than its steel counterpart. I really can’t play shaft that longer since I play tad shorter than standard on Z765.
For me “feel” plays major role when I pick an irons so HM going to lose some feel coming from Z765 but having graphite might worsen the feel also worries me.
I heard raving reviews where recoils feels as good as steel shaft but not many reviews on LZ graphite.

Look at the shaft I'm playing in my sig with the 919Forged. I could not find the flex or feel in the LZ Tour 90 that fit me and reshafted to Accra 80i - great shaft. The LZ Tour 90 have great energy and you will get some distance if the flex is right - it gets you some ballspeed.

As to feel, the Recoil 95 are very good - flight is similar to steel and feel is dampened as opposed to steel, which you expect. I was very consistent with the Recoil when I played them.

Just wondering on spin character on HM.
You 7i rolls 10yds after it lands. Is this your typical roll compare to previous set?
I also notice extreme rolls after it lands in fitting similar to yours but fitter said it rolls more in simulator. ??? Do you know your spin number with 7i?

Why would you pay any attention to anything other than carry distance when testing indoors? The total distance number is a pure guess and not worth paying attention to. I had the GC2 LM say I got 10 yards roll out when I tested the HM Pro 7i. I was able to test on course with the same HM Pro 7i and my ball was not even 2 yards from its pitch mark on the green. Peak height and descent angle play a greater role in stopping power than spin alone.

I have a dilemma, and hope you guys can help. First, a bit of background. For the last 1.5 years, I've played Cobra F7 One Lengths with UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES F2 graphite shafts (63g, 4.8 torque, high launch). Back in January, I decided to see how much of an issue it would be if I switched back to variable length clubs. To test it, I pulled out my Ping G irons, with Ping CFS soft regular graphite shafts (62g, high launch, don't know the torque). I had no issue making the switch, primarily because I play all my shots, other than driver, from the center of my stance anyway. So the only real difference for me is distance from the ball changing dependent on the club.

I played the Ping's for 3 rounds, then pulled out a set of Mizuno JPX EZ Forged irons that I bought on a lark off of eBay back in December. They are shafted with True Temper XP 95 R300's (93g, high launch). At first, I struggled, but now after 6 rounds with them, I strike them as well as I do the Cobras and the Ping's. I'm not really seeing much difference between the 3 sets.

Following a disastrous Club Champion fitting (a story for a different day), I attended a Demo Day at my course. I spent a lot of time at the Mizuno tent and have reclubbed the entire top end of my bag with Mizuno ST190 woods and CLK hybrids. Both the Mizuno and Cobra reps said I'm dead in between needing regular or senior flex, and I can go either way. I really liked how the JPX 919 Hot Metals hit and performed, but I have no Trackman data to consider. The Mizuno rep suggested KBS Tour 90's in regular flex, soft-stepped (95g, mid-high launch). Though I only glanced at it for a moment, I believe that the shaft optimizer suggested, along with the KBS shafts, either the Project X LZ graphite shafts (4.5 regular flex are 70g, 3.5 torque, high launch; 4.0 A flex are 60g, 5.1 torque, high launch), or Recoil 95 F3 graphite (95g, 3.3 torque, mid-high launch). My club pro suggests I go with one of the PX LZ shafts.

Okay. So here's my dilemma. If I buy new irons, they will most likely be the JPX 919 Hot Metals. The dilemma is what shafts? I like the Recoils I have in my Cobras. Their specs are quite similar to those in my Ping's, as well as the Project X shafts that my pro recommends. On the other hand, the Mizuno rep suggested the KBS steel shafts that share similar characteristics to the Recoil 95 F3's and the TT XP 95's (except the TT's are high launch). I'm getting different recommendations from 2 different professionals. I know I should go get tested on a Trackman, but the nearest equipped shops are a 1-2 hour drive away. As that is the one-way distance, I can't just hop down and get fit (I already know my length and lie requirements).

I do agree with my club pro in that, in the long run, I'm probably better off sticking with graphite given that I'm older, not in the best of shape, and I've been playing graphite for almost 10 years. The question is most likely PX or Recoils. The PX are what my pro recommended and are more similar to the graphite shafts I've been playing. The Recoils are more similar to the steel shafts the Mizuno rep recommended.

Help!? Please?

Have you hit the recoil or PX graphite shafts in the HM irons? That should be your deciding factor which one performs best and feels the best to you.

Have you hit the recoil or PX graphite shafts in the HM irons? That should be your deciding factor which one performs best and feels the best to you.

I did hit a few shots the other day with the PX graphite, and it felt like I was hitting rocks. In the shaft's defense, it was quite cold and I was not swinging well. Unfortunately, my pro only has the PX shafts available for testing.

Just my opinion but I have the Recoil 95 F3 in my Hot Metals, and wouldn't move away from Recoils. For as long as you have been playing the Recoils I just couldn't see moving away from them. You should really try to hit both, but I get the distance to drive to hit both and that would suck.

Just my opinion but I have the Recoil 95 F3 in my Hot Metals, and wouldn't move away from Recoils. For as long as you have been playing the Recoils I just couldn't see moving away from them. You should really try to hit both, but I get the distance to drive to hit both and that would suck.

I, like Snickerdog have the 95 F3 shafts in my HM pros that I just got a couple weeks ago and couldn’t love them anymore! I got to ply with them for the first time Friday and they were butter!!!

Screen%20Shot%202019-03-17%20at%208.39.02%20PM-L.png

Is this a hint that you are testing or are you teasing us?

I’m still waiting on my HM Pros so :drool:

:banana: Finally received my new irons today. Now the snow needs to go away.

First impression they look really good and I love the feel and comfort of the Jumbo Winn Dry Tac grip. I was a little hesitant at first for getting the Jumbo grip (which actually is the medium grip with 4 wraps) but it fits my hands perfectly. Will have to Find a simulator or wait till the snow is gone to find out how they feel while hitting actual golf balls.

I am missing the Gap Wedge but that should be here next week.

sorry some of the pictures are upside down

Attachments

• 0CFB490A-70B7-491C-BA9B-6E863F4F8256.jpeg
    0CFB490A-70B7-491C-BA9B-6E863F4F8256.jpeg
    950.4 KB · Views: 1
  • F59C5337-7961-44ED-9264-4A2E03D32D89.jpeg
    F59C5337-7961-44ED-9264-4A2E03D32D89.jpeg
    932.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 291349DE-9729-4198-9120-AE340DD23FEE.jpeg
    291349DE-9729-4198-9120-AE340DD23FEE.jpeg
    931.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 0DD7419D-62EF-481F-8241-B67A25DF47DA.jpeg
    0DD7419D-62EF-481F-8241-B67A25DF47DA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 99966B48-16DE-4098-A101-9198D846F98B.jpeg
    99966B48-16DE-4098-A101-9198D846F98B.jpeg
    902.3 KB · Views: 1
Been fighting the serious urge to buy a 919 tour setup.

Great lookin sticks Lurp06X Congrats. Go shovel a hole in the snow and hit them!!! :D

Back