Mizuno JPX919 Irons

Been fighting the serious urge to buy a 919 tour setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need some of that action!!! Do it!!!!

You need some of that action!!! Do it!!!!

You keep pushing me! I don’t need the encouragement. Lol. It will happen, just need to try them with CTaper lite X before I decide. Wish Mizuno offered the $taper.

You keep pushing me! I don’t need the encouragement. Lol. It will happen, just need to try them with CTaper lite X before I decide. Wish Mizuno offered the $taper.

#enabler :angel: That would be pretty bada$$ with $taper. :clapp:

ace5923a2fe6322c7028662892d79e94.jpg

Yea they look pretty good with $-Tapers if I do say so myself.

Played a full 18 tonight after work with the sole purpose of trying to figure out my distances with the HM Pros. The wind was blowing a full club, so it made it tougher. They seem to be a full club longer, or a LITTLE longer loft-to-loft. A couple times I hit the PW over 140, which leaves me a big game between that and my 50*, but we’ll see for sure. I’ll tell you what, though, even though they aren’t forged, they feel/sound REALLY good on flushed shots!

A few shots stood out: I had 196 to the center of the green on 18 with a 1/2 club wind behind me at that point.... 7 iron landed on about 3 paces shy of center. 193 with the wind. Good gracious. I hit 4 iron five yards short of the green from 233 out... Holy cow, these are FUN!!! And, no, I didn’t get rollout on the greens! They come in steeply, and I even backed-up a hammered 9 iron, and once with the PW. Reeeeeally nice irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really dont know why I went away from the JPX 900 Hot Metal because I loved them. They gave me good distance, forgiveness, and they looked and felt great. Well I am back, but I have the JPX919 Hot Metal's now. Got them in Saturday with Modus3 Tour 105 shafts. These have a bit different look than the 900's in that I think they look more traditional in the scoring clubs and more helpful in the long irons. The progressive nature of the set has kind of taken a step forward which is great for me. I also love the simple gloss and flat design scheme.

On the course the first shot I hit was a 6 iron and I caught it a bit thin, but I got to the front of the green anyway with a decent ball flight. The second shot I hit with a 7 iron reminded me why I loved these clubs. I hit the sweet spot and got a high towering shot on a wire right to the target. I ended up 7 or 8 feet away for birdie. The feel of these clubs on pure contact is really nor like anything else in the cast market imo. They literally feel like they pogo off the face of the club and the sound is just a super crisp snap. I remember with the 900 set when I hit one my buddy would say wow those sound great and these sound exactly the same.

Mizuno has hit another home run for us mid to high handicappers imo. I would guess anyone from a 10 up would enjoy these clubs and anyone looking for distance in their iron game should give these a test.

I sure hope my swing is up to the challenge of putting the HMPs in play, for the first time, at the big gathering this weekend.

Clubs sure do look the part. If I am able to get on-course performance similar to launch monitor results from a couple months ago, I'll be quite happy.

I am excited to here about your results. 233 yard shot with a 4 iron is incredible! Holy cow!

This is will be a awesome season of golf I feel with the HM Pros.

For those of you playing the HM's or HM Pro's, what are you playing at the top of your bag between your 4i and Driver? I am carrying my 4i 190-200yds. I need to fill this gap and just want to get some ideas from you guys.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Been fighting the serious urge to buy a 919 tour setup.

dude, just come down to myrtle/charleston and Ill let you hit mine haha

I mean the shaft is probably wrong for you (elevate tour stiff), but I think you'd like them very much.

I sure hope my swing is up to the challenge of putting the HMPs in play, for the first time, at the big gathering this weekend.

Clubs sure do look the part. If I am able to get on-course performance similar to launch monitor results from a couple months ago, I'll be quite happy.

speaking of which, I am grouped with you saturday.... any chance I could hit that 4 iron or 5 iron.... looking at either hybrids or different long irons to fill those spots haha. the HMP might just be what Im looking for

speaking of which, I am grouped with you saturday.... any chance I could hit that 4 iron or 5 iron.... looking at either hybrids or different long irons to fill those spots haha. the HMP might just be what Im looking for

Absolutely. Just don't use all the mojo in the clubs. LOL

Absolutely. Just don't use all the mojo in the clubs. LOL

I can assure you I won't be doing that haha. Should be a good club to use either on 1 for second shot or tee shot on 8 depending on where they have the tees at and wind.

For those of you playing the HM's or HM Pro's, what are you playing at the top of your bag between your 4i and Driver? I am carrying my 4i 190-200yds. I need to fill this gap and just want to get some ideas from you guys.

3 and 5 woods then 7W is my 4I replacement.

I'm playing 5 wood and 3 wood once I get fit. I go 6-Gap, and run Callaway Big Bertha hybrids in 4 and 5 right now.

dude, just come down to myrtle/charleston and Ill let you hit mine haha

I mean the shaft is probably wrong for you (elevate tour stiff), but I think you'd like them very much.

Yo!!!! Headed down in mid April! Can we catch up???

Depending on the day that could happen!

I am playing a Steelhead XR 3 and Heaven wood. The 3 wood is about 20 yards longer than the Heaven and it is about 10-15 longer than the 4 iro for me anyway. Winter time I am getting 205-210 with the 3, 185-190 with the Heaven, & 175ish with the 4. During the summer I pick up about 10-15 yards on all those.

HMPs are legit! Best of the 7 sets I tried in my fitting yesterday.

I know this post is a month old, but I'm going through some fittings myself. Did a Mizuno fitting yesterday the rep said the 919 Forged or the HM Pro best suited me with the Nippon Modus3 105S shaft. Can I safely assume you also tried the Apex 19's? I'm down to the Callaways and Mizunos and going through a Callaway fitting in few weeks.

I know this post is a month old, but I'm going through some fittings myself. Did a Mizuno fitting yesterday the rep said the 919 Forged or the HM Pro best suited me with the Nippon Modus3 105S shaft. Can I safely assume you also tried the Apex 19's? I'm down to the Callaways and Mizunos and going through a Callaway fitting in few weeks.

Yes, I did. They didn’t fit well for what I wanted. Good clubs, and I’d recommend trying them in a fitting, but for me, they weren’t as good as a FEW other clubs. Good luck! Try all you can, as one never knows what really suits them, or fits them, until they try.

I’ll tell you what, these are still some of the best looking irons on the market. I need to hit them again to see how they perform with a good shaft for me but they look stellar.

Just my opinion but I have the Recoil 95 F3 in my Hot Metals, and wouldn't move away from Recoils. For as long as you have been playing the Recoils I just couldn't see moving away from them. You should really try to hit both, but I get the distance to drive to hit both and that would suck.

How is your launch with the 919 HM's combined with the Recoil F3's? I'm leaning that way, even though the Recoil's are mid-high launch. Sometimes, with my high launch shafts, when I catch the ball really well, the shots soar to the point of almost too high. Since the Hot Metals are supposed to be higher launching, I would think the Recoil F3's might temper some of that height to keep it from being too high. Or am I just over-thinking the situation?

How is your launch with the 919 HM's combined with the Recoil F3's? I'm leaning that way, even though the Recoil's are mid-high launch. Sometimes, with my high launch shafts, when I catch the ball really well, the shots soar to the point of almost too high. Since the Hot Metals are supposed to be higher launching, I would think the Recoil F3's might temper some of that height to keep it from being too high. Or am I just over-thinking the situation?

I have played a few rounds in high winds and haven't noticed any issues with ballooning so far. On calm days it seems like a nice ball flight that gets up quick but not excessively high. No issues at all with stopping power on the greens.
If you do need to flight a ball down I haven't had any issues there either.
I don't think you have anything to be concerned about IMO.

Some few words about my fitting a week ago. After trying out the the shaft optimizer on 919 HM it suggested the best one was Nippon Modus 105. It’s the same shaft as I use today in my 900 HM. I told the Mizuno guy I have been thinking of switching to graphite shafts, most likely Recoil 95 in my next set. He wanted me to test a lighter steel shaft (KBS Tour 90) and it felt smoother than my current. As it was a free fitting, time was limited to half an hour. Also found out that I need 2 deg flat. I will most likely do another fitting and involve graphite shafts with another fitter. I need to test how Recoil compare to steel shafts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back