Mizuno JPX919 Irons

Awesome to hear Snickerdog! I am picking mine up at lunch as they just came in, and then I will be putting them into play this weekend!

Glad they got them in, hopefully you can get on course this weekend and give us some initial feedback.

Order is in for HM Pro 5-PW! Love my MMC’s however having a bit more forgiveness and a couple extra yards of carry will be nice.

UPDATE...

Went to pick up my irons and they came in but the grips were the wrong grips in the box, and they weren't installed. Why would Mizuno ship them like this?

UPDATE...

Went to pick up my irons and they came in but the grips were the wrong grips in the box, and they weren't installed. Why would Mizuno ship them like this?

That is odd. Do they have to ship them back or will they put the right grips on at the shop? I have a bad feeling I know the answer.

That is odd. Do they have to ship them back or will they put the right grips on at the shop? I have a bad feeling I know the answer.

I am not sure. I got a text saying the shop was sorry and would look into it ASAP. I asked for the Lamkin Z5 grips to be put on them, but I just texted them to say if they have the GP Tour Velvet Align in stock there then to put them on. I like a sticky group and I am hoping the tour Velvet Align will be close.

I am not sure. I got a text saying the shop was sorry and would look into it ASAP. I asked for the Lamkin Z5 grips to be put on them, but I just texted them to say if they have the GP Tour Velvet Align in stock there then to put them on. I like a sticky group and I am hoping the tour Velvet Align will be close.

Mizuno doesn’t offer the Z5 grip as an option which is why the grips were not installed.

UPDATE...

That sucks in a big way. If I had to guess, when they where imputing the order, this hit the wrong button in the grips and put not installed. (they can be ordered that way)
The issue you may have is a swing weight issue is you had the swing weight bumped up. The grips you wanted to have installed may be different than what the shop may have.
Mizuno will definitely make it wright but you may have to send them back.

Oh really? The course I got fitted at never mentioned that to me. How is Chiiliwack GC playing right now? I used to live in the Wack for over a decade before I moved to Langley.

I am asking for them to put GP Tour Velvet Align on if they have them. Kind of sucks because it has been three weeks since I ordered and paid for them.

That sucks in a big way. If I had to guess, when they where imputing the order, this hit the wrong button in the grips and put not installed. (they can be ordered that way)
The issue you may have is a swing weight issue is you had the swing weight bumped up. The grips you wanted to have installed may be different than what the shop may have.
Mizuno will definitely make it wright but you may have to send them back.

I ordered my Hot Metals with the grips uninstalled, but in the box. They didn't offer the grips I wanted, so my pro is going to buy the grips from me and install my preferred grips. All I have to do is wait until the irons get here.

Had an awesome range session with my HM Pro's roght now. I love the ball flight I am getting with these clubs. They are stupid easy to hit and are very forgiving for me. The 4i is really eay to hit as well. I was carrying about 200-210 with minimal effort in my swing. Just love these clubs. The wife out did herself when she bought these for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I ordered my Hot Metals with the grips uninstalled, but in the box. They didn't offer the grips I wanted, so my pro is going to buy the grips from me and install my preferred grips. All I have to do is wait until the irons get here.

Win Win for you!!! They will be along any day now.

Got my irons today with the Align grips put on them. The only trouble is I have to wait until tomorrow to swing them haha. They really are a great looking iron.

Got my irons today with the Align grips put on them. The only trouble is I have to wait until tomorrow to swing them haha. They really are a great looking iron.

Cannot agree with you enough on how nice these irons look. Looking forward to your thoughts on how they feel after you have hit a few balls.

Oh really? The course I got fitted at never mentioned that to me. How is Chiiliwack GC playing right now? I used to live in the Wack for over a decade before I moved to Langley.

Was out there today at the range. They aerated and sanded the tee boxes and fairways on Monday and Tuesday. It’s in good shape and getting better as the weather improves.

So I was told to leave the clubs alone until today because they just installed the grips on them, but the grips kind of feel a little slick. Could this be due to the solvent that he used to put them on? They are the GP Tour Velvet Align grips.

So I was told to leave the clubs alone until today because they just installed the grips on them, but the grips kind of feel a little slick. Could this be due to the solvent that he used to put them on? They are the GP Tour Velvet Align grips.

I always give new grips a good wipe down with warm running water and a microfibre towel. A nice cotton towel to dry and they should be good to go.

I always give new grips a good wipe down with warm running water and a microfibre towel. A nice cotton towel to dry and they should be good to go.

Good answer!!!

I was going to hit them with warm water and mild dish soap. I figure it is from the solvent the guy used to put them on.

Thanks for the tip.

I was going to hit them with warm water and mild dish soap. I figure it is from the solvent the guy used to put them on.

Thanks for the tip.

Also do that once a month as you play and it will keep them from getting slick and they will last a bit longer.

Got my first session in with the new HMs and at first I wasn't swinging very well as I was a little too flat, but once I realized my error and got a little steeper it was like BANG! Man these things are hot, and are at least a club longer than my I25 irons.

I absolutely love them, and can't wait to get more used to them. Now I just need to get my Big Bertha hybrids to cooperate more.

On another note, anyone else notice that they make a bit of a louder sound?

Have I mentioned how much I’m loving these things right now?

While my showing at the unofficial gathering wasn’t spectacular in means of iron striking (although i did shoot an 85 which is good for me), these things have been money for me.

Last 5 rounds are: 79, 85, 80, 77, 81

GIR (over last 5 rounds): 40%

Par 3 GIR: 45%

For me those numbers are pretty solid haha. Super confident over the ball. Hitting shots that I’m visualizing. Golf has been fun lately haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have I mentioned how much I’m loving these things right now?

While my showing at the unofficial gathering wasn’t spectacular in means of iron striking (although i did shoot an 85 which is good for me), these things have been money for me.

Last 5 rounds are: 79, 85, 80, 77, 81

GIR (over last 5 rounds): 40%

Par 3 GIR: 45%

For me those numbers are pretty solid haha. Super confident over the ball. Hitting shots that I’m visualizing. Golf has been fun lately haha.

Very nice!!!! That HC will be dropping like a brick!!! Sure makes golf fun when you are so confident in the clubs!!

Very nice!!!! That HC will be dropping like a brick!!! Sure makes golf fun when you are so confident in the clubs!!

Got that right haha.

Upon revision I’ll officially be a single digit at 9.1 haha. Got to around that at one point last year so now I just need to keep up that play.

Back