Mizuno JPX919 Irons

They got here today!! Can't wait to hit them, though it'll probably be Monday before I can.
764eb9754babf289c650f59467385c75.jpg
81814965045a3b64f697d1c9137a21e0.jpg
138e89b1717eac15fb6e452c63e3456b.jpg
9e32bd21028f3abe4fc96e401e622466.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

I’d be lying if I didn’t love the look of these more each time I see them. If I wasn’t already set on irons for the year, the 919 forged would be in the bag.

They got here today!! Can't wait to hit them, though it'll probably be Monday before I can.

Those look GREAT!!!! Like the grip choice too. Have fun and enjoy them. :drinks: to better golf this year.

Nice

Great looking set as always. Just need to replace that ping bag with a Mizuno Pro and your set!

What’s under the mizuno 5 headcover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The LW is legit I don't know what exactly it is, but I hit multiple flop/high shots yesterday that I haven't been able to do in quite some time. Now I did pull the 5i out to make room for more woods/hybos, probably gonna end up selling it, but am really like what I'm seeing out of the 6-LW. So nice to have a progressive set in the same brand/line. The consistency from club to club is really noticeable.

Enjoy! The Recoil shafts are awesome! When I got fitted that was the recommendation they made and I'm so go glad that I listened. I have played twice with mine so far and ball control is incredible with them! I had the shafts in my hybrids changed to recoils also and I love them too!

I had the opportunity to play 18 this morning with my new Hot Metals. Just a little background first. Up until about 4 years ago, I could hit my 6 iron 155 yards, 7 about 145, 8 about 135, etc. However, I started losing distance and it's just gotten worse as time went by, to the point that when I could actually put a decent swing on my 6 iron, I've only been getting maybe 140. The shafts in my new Hot Metals are Recoil 95 F3's. My old irons have senior flex, lighter shafts than the new sticks.

All that being said, my first 5 holes were okay, but far from good. Then, on the 6th tee, I realized my posture was off. So, I made the necessary adjustment and ripped off a really good (for me) drive. I followed that up with a 6 iron shot that went about 157. Almost needless to say, this gave me a good bit of confidence in my new sticks. Throughout the rest of the round, I used the 6 iron 3 more times, averaging 160 yards. I got similar increased yards from the 7, 8, and 9 irons. The reason for mentioning the 6 iron so much is that before today, I had lost all confidence in 6 irons, and now I have that confidence back.

I know better than to base judgments on the results from 1 round. But, if today is a true indication, my new Mizunos are a resounding success. Almost every shot with them was straight, smooth, and the sound/feel was beautiful. Most encouraging is that it looks like I may have my old distances back!!! It's true ... nothing hits like a Mizuno.

These Hot Metals are really fantastic clubs. They look amazing, but line up to hit them and they just go. On center face contact the sound makes you feel like you just smashed the ball. These have to be the best feeling cast irons ever made. I am really looking forward to the competitive part of this season getting rolling.

I have a couple rounds under my belt with my Forged 919's. Going to take some practice as my ball striking abilities aren't to swift after this long lay over but I know im going to settle into these well. Distance control is what im after.

Good round at league tonight with the Hot Metals. One thing I have noticed, with the temps starting to get into the 60's the distances are starting to increase a bit. Might have to do a bit of range work to get things dialed in a bit more.
Really happy with the performance so far, plenty of spin to stop ball (playing Chrome Softs).

Good round at league tonight with the Hot Metals. One thing I have noticed, with the temps starting to get into the 60's the distances are starting to increase a bit. Might have to do a bit of range work to get things dialed in a bit more.
Really happy with the performance so far, plenty of spin to stop ball (playing Chrome Softs).

Looks like I'll have a chance to get in a round tomorrow. During Monday's round, I tested the Mizuno RBx ball, which performed well. Tomorrow, I'm still trying to decide whether to test the Snell MTB Black or the Chrome Soft Truvis. Maybe 9 with one and 9 with the other?

Looks like I'll have a chance to get in a round tomorrow. During Monday's round, I tested the Mizuno RBx ball, which performed well. Tomorrow, I'm still trying to decide whether to test the Snell MTB Black or the Chrome Soft Truvis. Maybe 9 with one and 9 with the other?

I vote 9 with each ball, best way to compare. I am a big Truvis ball fan. Played the Shamrock Truvis tonight.
Let us know how the round goes and looking forward to your thoughts on the Recoils.

I got a round in on the weekend and am loving these irons as I just have a lot more confidence in them over my last set. I played really well with them, and the highlight was on a par 5 after laying up on my third due to some water, and I had about 150 yards to an elevated green, and I knocked a 6 iron to about 7 feet. The greens and fairways were just punched and sanded so making my birdie putt was tough as the ball was bouncing everywhere, but I was happy with a par on this hole.

All in all, I feel my iron game is moving in the right direction now!

I got a round in on the weekend and am loving these irons as I just have a lot more confidence in them over my last set. I played really well with them, and the highlight was on a par 5 after laying up on my third due to some water, and I had about 150 yards to an elevated green, and I knocked a 6 iron to about 7 feet. The greens and fairways were just punched and sanded so making my birdie putt was tough as the ball was bouncing everywhere, but I was happy with a par on this hole.

All in all, I feel my iron game is moving in the right direction now!

That's great to hear! Like you, I am much more confident in my irons now than I was previously.

I vote 9 with each ball, best way to compare. I am a big Truvis ball fan. Played the Shamrock Truvis tonight.
Let us know how the round goes and looking forward to your thoughts on the Recoils.

I took your advice and played a Snell MTB Black on the front, and a Chromesoft Truvis on the back. Both performed well, but for whatever reason, I played better with the Snell. These Mizunos just seem to like the Snell (and the Mizuno RB as well).

As for the Recoils, I absolutely love them. The ball flight is ideal for my game, and I truly believe they've helped me regain some of my lost distance. My GIR average this year has been 39%. The two rounds using my Hot Metals with the Recoil 95's my GIR average is 61%. Even beyond that, when I've missed the greens, we're talking near misses ... short chips or pitches.

In the past, by far my worst iron was the 6. I even considered trying to replace it with a hybrid. My Hot Metal 6 iron is quickly becoming a favorite club.

Got out to the range today. Its about 50* with a solid wind off the left. Once I got my swing grooved, I really enjoyed the 919F/DG120 combination. A nice mid flight and distance was surprisingly good, albeit there was probably some wind riding. Getting on course Saturday and look forward to more experience.

I took your advice and played a Snell MTB Black on the front, and a Chromesoft Truvis on the back. Both performed well, but for whatever reason, I played better with the Snell. These Mizunos just seem to like the Snell (and the Mizuno RB as well).

As for the Recoils, I absolutely love them. The ball flight is ideal for my game, and I truly believe they've helped me regain some of my lost distance. My GIR average this year has been 39%. The two rounds using my Hot Metals with the Recoil 95's my GIR average is 61%. Even beyond that, when I've missed the greens, we're talking near misses ... short chips or pitches.

In the past, by far my worst iron was the 6. I even considered trying to replace it with a hybrid. My Hot Metal 6 iron is quickly becoming a favorite club.

Awesome!!! I haven't had a chance to try the Mizuno balls yet but might have to get a sleeve.
Glad to hear the Recoils perform well for you!!! That is great.
Be looking for you in the Breaking 80 thread here pretty soon. :clapp:

My setup should be here Fridee....fingers crossed.

The Mizuno balls are great! In my testing the X plays wise like a cross between the 2019 Pro V1/Pro V1x. The X launches lower like the Pro V1 yet spins and feels like the Pro V1x. The standard RB launches about the same as the RBX but spins quite low. Both Mizuno balls are good in the wind and around the gree. Durability is about average for balls in this category. For my game, the RBTx is the better fit however I’m not fond of a firmer feeling balls...yet.

bf0d73e1cbd04750f54a4798b435a365.jpg

4dd3ce525f79ab42760f024a96dfef7a.jpg

0f91c2079a192116cd1b10837b6b05aa.jpg

9115abd0cdac751a3980aeb063bf36c8.jpg

Back