Mizuno JPX919 Irons

9115abd0cdac751a3980aeb063bf36c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Nice, DNice!

Those look great @DNice26 can't wait to hear some feedback.

Those look great @DNice26 can't wait to hear some feedback.

Can’t wait to report back. Hoping to hit a few tomorrow. Hoping the shafts flight well for me.

Hit my HMPs reasonably well in Charleston, but I wasn't "wowed", and not for any particular reason really. Maybe it's because of the shaft choice (I had to try something new versus something I already know and love), or maybe something else. They are going to get some more run in some early season rounds the next couple of weeks, as I'll be playing on the course where 80% + of my rounds in 2019 will be played. Should be a good test to see how I can play with them "for real". LOL

What was the temp while you were playing?

7-Pw is tour

Wish I had done that with my set. How did you adjust the lofts?

Mizuno JPX919 Irons

Wish I had done that with my set. How did you adjust the lofts?

For now, I didn’t. Mizuno is fairly notorious for doing a poor job getting lofts/lies accurate anyway, so I planned to try them as is. I will now adjust based on my desired ball flight.

I should add that the Ctaper Lite is an experimental shaft for me, so I’m not sure what flight I’m going to see. I hope to see a flight I get with my standard Ctaper stiff flex, but just a bit more height and speed for the longer irons. Will find out today or tomorrow!

Didnt you have mp5s in the past as well?

Very curious how the tours compare to them.

Also, I think you will like the ctaper lites if you are coming from ctaper and want a little extra height

For now, I didn’t. Mizuno is fairly notorious for doing a poor job getting lofts/lies accurate anyway, so I planned to try them as is. I will now adjust based on my desired ball flight.

I should add that the Ctaper Lite is an experimental shaft for me, so I’m not sure what flight I’m going to see. I hope to see a flight I get with my standard Ctaper stiff flex, but just a bit more height and speed for the longer irons. Will find out today or tomorrow!

I may just order 7-PW in Tours and then sell the 7-PW from my set.

Didnt you have mp5s in the past as well?

Very curious how the tours compare to them.

Also, I think you will like the ctaper lites if you are coming from ctaper and want a little extra height

Yes, have played the MP5s quite a bit and before those the MP68s. MP5s are great sticks. I traded them in for the Flash SZ driver.

f49ff8de59045ab933a7e16f343b3b0c.jpg

Finally getting to the range this am.

I will say, this 919 setup might be the most attractive setup at address I’ve ever gamed. Really excited for these, hope they work out for me.

I will say, this 919 setup might be the most attractive setup at address I’ve ever gamed. Really excited for these, hope they work out for me.

Plastic still on those heads?

So, so attractive at address and in the bag. I look forward to your thoughts.

Yes, first chance I’m getting to hit them.

Enjoy and let us know how that range session goes.

Mizuno JPX919 Irons

Here are my thoughts after one fairly short (had to bring my daughter to dance) range sesh:

919 tours are gorgeous behind the ball. They suite my eye so nicely. A hair more offset than perfection, if I’m SUPER picky. The feel of these is nice, but not earth shattering soft like my MP64. They are in the ball park of the MP5s in feel for me. Very good no doubt.

919 forged 6, 5 and 4: Feel is what I should have expected, sort of that bit clicky empty CB feeling. Not terrible at all, bit not the solid feel of the tours of course. The performance is there though. It was quite cold and hitting into the wind, so difficult to say for sure. Flight and consistency was there. I may seriously consider adding the tour 6 and 5 to my setup. Will play a few rounds though before really considering that.

CTaper Lite shafts: the X is a stout shaft in terms of flex. The light weight though makes it seem palatable for me. The ball flight was pretty spot on for what I would be looking for, which is really nice to report. Again, early days here, but promising. I hit some nice knockdowns and control shots. I actually found them a smidge tough to turn left which I really like. Love being able to swing more freely. The X lite is no doubt stiffer in flex than my standard tapers in stiff.
The X lite is typical Ctaper shaft. A bit lifeless in the feel department, but I keep gaming them for the ball flight and performance aspect. I just struggle to get the same performance out of other shafts as Ctapers. If I had to choose another shaft right now to dump the Ctapers, it would be the modus 125X, soft stepped twice.

All said and done, given the very small sample size, I’m quite happy here. Excited to play with them tomorrow. Will chime in post round.

The MC align grips are awesome too, really digging them.

Last edited:
Great feed back DNice

9115abd0cdac751a3980aeb063bf36c8.jpg

Congrats! That’s such a great looking iron! It’s a bit above my playing level, but maybe one day!

On another note, I went 6-gap Hot Metals and absolutely love this 6 iron and it’s making me kick myself that I didn’t go 5-gap. Anyone else notice that the 6 is so easy to put a good swing on?

On another note, I went 6-gap Hot Metals and absolutely love this 6 iron and it’s making me kick myself that I didn’t go 5-gap. Anyone else notice that the 6 is so easy to put a good swing on?

It is and the 5 is just as easy. Doubt you would have any issues getting the 5 iron up at all.

It is and the 5 is just as easy. Doubt you would have any issues getting the 5 iron up at all.

Damn Snickersog, I wish I had you at my fitting! I could have saved myself 150 bucks instead of going with a 5 hybrid haha.

Played my round today and, as I expected, it was a bit of a mixed bag. At times, there was brilliance, highlighted by a 187 yd par 3 4 iron that was into the fan and I stuck it to 7 feet. At other times, it was a bit rough as I'm learning how the irons play in the wind and the new distances. That being said, I'm very pleased thus far. I had no issues with digging on the soggy ground and no issues with ballooning into the wind, which are two huge things for me. I'm ready to get in some more work with these and dial them in!

Back